Highly Scientific Survey

Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Highly Scientific Survey

Originally Posted by ann m
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Simple Minds - you know the one, woh, woh, woh, woh, woaaahhh (!)
In a Big Country - Big Country
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Bring on the handbags ....

and blimey - you've really got me casting my mind back to Visage, Japan, Depeche Mode, etc

Best gig I ever went to was U2 at the Hammersmith Palais with Big Country and the Alarm supporting. I was in my 'well dressed' heaven .... God, what did we all look like.

I have such fond memories of the 80's - thank you for making me giggle.
First gig I even when to was A-HA at the Kings Hall in Belfast, I think I was about 14 at the time. Last gig I went to was Leonard Cohen last Saturday, oh how times have changed
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Last gig I went to was Leonard Cohen last Saturday, oh how times have changed
I know !! I'm going to see Neil Diamond in September versus five nights at Brixton Academy watching The Clash in 1984.

What happened ?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I know !! I'm going to see Neil Diamond in September versus five nights at Brixton Academy watching The Clash in 1984.

What happened ?
Well in my case free tickets What's your excuse?
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

No excuse whatsoever Elaine - I paid good money for these tickets

(Actually, in my defence, if I need one, I grew up with Neil Diamond in the background of my life - my parents were always playing his stuff while I blocked it out with The Clash or U2 or whoever I could . However, fast-forward to 1998, and 2000, and Neil Diamond was the soundtrack to births of both of my daughters - mellow and calming. I seem to crave mellow and calming these days )
Old Jun 14th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

No excuse whatsoever Elaine - I paid good money for these tickets

(Actually, in my defence, if I need one, I grew up with Neil Diamond in the background of my life - my parents were always playing his stuff while I blocked it out with The Clash or U2 or whoever I could . However, fast-forward to 1998, and 2000, and Neil Diamond was the soundtrack to births of both of my daughters - mellow and calming. I seem to crave mellow and calming these days )
No need to defend yourself the man is a legend. Plus I'm with you on the mellow and calming thing, I also like a seat when I go to a gig these days.

I must say Mr. Cohen's reputation as "The god father of misery" is greatly exaggerated
Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Tainted Love - Soft Cell - Loved that record!
Oh me too! Don't mind a bit of Depeche Mode and of course the Cure. Blondie and Madness

Other than that, most of the 80s stuff is best left there in my book
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:01 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

What happened ?

Neil Diamond is preferable to The Barron Knights - in concert in Perth
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crystal23
Neil Diamond is preferable to The Barron Knights - in concert in Perth
And not even a free ticket would get me to go to that
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
Adam Ant.... phwoar!
You wouldnt say that if you see him now, hes fat bald and revolting!!!!!

Sorry to shatter your dreams, even I was shocked when I saw him...
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
You wouldnt say that if you see him now, hes fat bald and revolting!!!!!

Sorry to shatter your dreams, even I was shocked when I saw him...
He lives in a nuthouse too
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Oh god.. heres goes any credibility i may of had... Wham... My bedroom was covered in Andrew Ridgeley and a bit of George too I remember me and my best mate going round in ra-ra skirts and 3/4 length white boots - thought we were the dogs b*ll*cks - oh the shame!!!!
Mmm I used to have a pair - werent they called pixie boots in them days??? I remember falling over once in my little blue ra ra dress and boots just as an army lorry drove past full of squaddies - mmm must have been about 16
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Just about any 80s music does it for me (although you won't see me dancing with a handbag no matter how much I've had to drink!)

If you're like me you might want to check this out
http://www.all80sradio.com/listen-al...ndowsMedia.asx
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:29 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23
OMG didn't we just think we were cool And what about those puffball skirts

Glad to see so many 80s fans posting
Still the height of fashion in Brisvegas
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Are men allowed on this thread without a handbag to dance around?

If so, about 5 years after everyone else, I have just discovered the delights of You Tube and oddly enough, have found myself finding links to all manner of 80's gems, like...

Firstly, for ann m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfNef6E5Jno

And how's about these...

Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVtDW6_XRQ
Cameo - Candy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEvH5cpqLvM
Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdGNeC2G1AU
Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td25kTqvl1w
Midnight Star - The Midas Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVe0o6lRgcY

I could go on and on here, were it not for the fact that it makes me want to dance and now I'm 41, overweight and with a dodgy knee, that's not the best thing to do (and not a pretty sight either I can tell you!)

Eamonn
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am dusting off my rock chick outfit as I have just booked my Def Leppard tickets!!

I don't need telling that I am sad as I already know so don't bother