Wikiposts

Hi, an intro.

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice
Default Re: Hi, an intro.

Originally Posted by MnB
On grey, damp, short winter days I miss it & I miss the space and lack of crowds, but only they're only fleeting 'misses' if you know what I mean NZ will always be there to visit and enjoy as a 2nd home and the positives of coming back far outweighed the negatives for us I now feel more contented and more appreciative of life here ....happy to be here!

North or south Devon coast??.....lots to be said for both
South Devon. We're in the process of looking online at property prices, plus trying to decide which town would be best to live in. We're retired, so jobs are not an issue for us. We're looking at Dartmouth, Brixham, Torquay, even as far down as Looe.

The things you miss sound very much like the things we'll miss about Canada. Glad to hear you're so happy..that's loverly
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Thank you, I lived in Frome and Bath was my nearest big shopping town, a gorgeous place as is all of Somerset, actually as is all of the UK LOL!!

Somebody will sure to be along soon, to tell me how it isn't.
Oh yes, it most definitely IS
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:04 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
Totally agree with you

South Devon. We're in the process of looking online at property prices, plus trying to decide which town would be best to live in. We're retired, so jobs are not an issue for us. We're looking at Dartmouth, Brixham, Torquay, even as far down as Looe.

So difficult to choose! ......if healthcare is a consideration for either now (hopefully not!) or in the future ( you never know!) I think Torquay is the only town of your choice to have a district general hospital....but I may be wrong Then again Dartmouth is so lovely......but more expensive I think.......difficult decision......have fun choosing!! guess you're looking at 'Rightmove.co.uk' ??

The things you miss sound very much like the things we'll miss about Canada. Glad to hear you're so happy..that's loverly
Thanks
B x

Last edited by MnB; Jan 23rd 2011 at 10:07 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB
Totally agree with you

Thanks
B x
Yes, we're looking at RightMove and a few others. Problem is we have champagne taste on a beer budget, but at least the exchange rate is in our favour. Just hope to sell our Canadian property while the Cdn$ is still good.

Last edited by SomersetGirl; Jan 23rd 2011 at 12:17 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:03 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Thank you, I lived in Frome and Bath was my nearest big shopping town, a gorgeous place as is all of Somerset, actually as is all of the UK LOL!!

Somebody will sure to be along soon, to tell me how it isn't.
i spent a lot of time in wells as a young lad... loved it...if i were ever to head that way again id try and make it that i ended up in wells bath type area

km
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:04 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
i spent a lot of time in wells as a young lad... loved it...if i were ever to head that way again id try and make it that i ended up in wells bath type area

km
Are you not joining us lot in going home then?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Hi, I'm making my intro here as I am returning to the UK after best part of 12 years in Brisbane. I was raised in Victoria and have been an Australian citizen for 20 odd years. I have lived and worked in the UK for various lengths of time over the years and have grown to really love the place. My wife is from Somerset and has never wanted to live here even though she first came here 26 years ago.
I went back to England late last year for 3 weeks and absolutely loved it and saw little of the Daily Mail doom and gloom.
I have been on another forum but there are 3 or 4 muppets that just want to discredit anything anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool Aussie says. I even had one idiot accuse me of making up everything I saw while in the UK. Anyway this forum was suggested to me as a much fairer place to voice an opinion.
Chris.
Hi Chris and welcom to expats....you sound like a lot of people who have lived and travelled overseas....some love their new countries and have fond memories of their old, some love their new countries and hate their old and never fail to let you know of this..lol...and for some they dont mind their new countries but love their old country just that little bit more.....what you really have to find out is just how much you want to move overseas and then go for it....and only you and yours can make this decision but with some wonderful knowledge and support here on expats your in good hands...good luck
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:32 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Are you not joining us lot in going home then?
not at this stage im still enjoying my lifes journey....iv only been back once in23 ish years... i do like to hear peoples expirences and adventures tho
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Somerset girl - Well, As a past regular Visitor, and will be re- discovering, with my Thai Wife - have a gander at Paignton, cheaper, and a bit less expensive for houses. love dontheturner