Wikiposts

Hi, an intro.

Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:35 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi, an intro.

Hi, I'm making my intro here as I am returning to the UK after best part of 12 years in Brisbane. I was raised in Victoria and have been an Australian citizen for 20 odd years. I have lived and worked in the UK for various lengths of time over the years and have grown to really love the place. My wife is from Somerset and has never wanted to live here even though she first came here 26 years ago.
I went back to England late last year for 3 weeks and absolutely loved it and saw little of the Daily Mail doom and gloom.
I have been on another forum but there are 3 or 4 muppets that just want to discredit anything anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool Aussie says. I even had one idiot accuse me of making up everything I saw while in the UK. Anyway this forum was suggested to me as a much fairer place to voice an opinion.
Chris.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, an intro.

Originally Posted by chris955
Hi, I'm making my intro here as I am returning to the UK after best part of 12 years in Brisbane. I was raised in Victoria and have been an Australian citizen for 20 odd years. I have lived and worked in the UK for various lengths of time over the years and have grown to really love the place. My wife is from Somerset and has never wanted to live here even though she first came here 26 years ago.
I went back to England late last year for 3 weeks and absolutely loved it and saw little of the Daily Mail doom and gloom.
I have been on another forum but there are 3 or 4 muppets that just want to discredit anything anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool Aussie says. I even had one idiot accuse me of making up everything I saw while in the UK. Anyway this forum was suggested to me as a much fairer place to voice an opinion.
Chris.
Welcome Chris. I'm fairly new here and can tell you that there are some great people on this forum and a wealth of information for anyone wanting to go home to the UK
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:20 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:03 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Chris.
HI Chris
Welcome to BE Glad you've finding your way around
Look forward to 'welcoming' you back to Somerset
B x
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you here Chris! Yes, far more civilized than amongst the rose tint brigade! You will get lots of good advice and a nice sense of camaraderie!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:08 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris and Mrs Chris

What are your plans? Will you live in Somerset? I lived there for 4 months a lovely part of the UK.

I have been in Australia for 30 years and am going back 5 weeks from today eekkkk!!!

35 sleeps to go.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Chris.
Hi Chris, Welcome!! I'm from Somerset too and will be going back to the UK as soon as we've sold our property in Canada. We've been in Canada for 30 years. Where is your wife from in Somerset? I grew up near Taunton.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:03 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Chris.
LMAO iv been to that forum to, very cult like i thought... but yep Muppets is good for me as well ...your like it here all together a better class of poster[ ..enjoy it

Last edited by kmthor; Jan 21st 2011 at 10:07 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:13 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, cult describes it well. I love those who feel as though they have to jump into every 'returning' thread to post their horror stories from 40 years ago when they were in the UK and how they would never move back because the beaches aren't as good.
I like this forum so far.

Originally Posted by kmthor
LMAO iv been to that forum to, very cult like i thought... but yep Muppets is good for me as well ...your like it here all together a better class of poster[ ..enjoy it
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:15 am
Banned

Thanks. My wife is actually from Bath which isn't technically Somerset but near enough, most of our friends live throughout Somerset though. I love the whole area. Good luck with your move.

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
Hi Chris, Welcome!! I'm from Somerset too and will be going back to the UK as soon as we've sold our property in Canada. We've been in Canada for 30 years. Where is your wife from in Somerset? I grew up near Taunton.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:20 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Born in Taunton (in the year the Queen was crowned), bred near Taunton, went to NZ and returned to near Taunton . didn't realise how much Somerset was in my blood until it wasn't love travelling but always so glad to come home........good luck with your plans, are you coming home to Somerset?
B x
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. My wife is actually from Bath which isn't technically Somerset but near enough, most of our friends live throughout Somerset though. I love the whole area. Good luck with your move.
Thank you, I lived in Frome and Bath was my nearest big shopping town, a gorgeous place as is all of Somerset, actually as is all of the UK LOL!!

Somebody will sure to be along soon, to tell me how it isn't.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnB
Born in Taunton (in the year the Queen was crowned), bred near Taunton, went to NZ and returned to near Taunton . didn't realise how much Somerset was in my blood until it wasn't love travelling but always so glad to come home........good luck with your plans, are you coming home to Somerset?
B x
I know exactly what you mean, the west country is so beautiful and its definitely in the blood. We're hoping to find a place in Devon on the coast. I've always heard good things about NZ; do you think you'll miss it?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:26 pm
Milana

Milana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant future

Welcome to BE Chris!! I'm from London but have spent lots of time in Somerset and Devon as that is where a large part of my family have settled. It's beautiful and I hope you enjoy it. I've also lived in Brisbane. I'm moving back either this year or next, to London, but might end up in Oxfordshire.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:50 am
MnB

I know exactly what you mean, the west country is so beautiful and its definitely in the blood. We're hoping to find a place in Devon on the coast. I've always heard good things about NZ; do you think you'll miss it?
On grey, damp, short winter days I miss it & I miss the space and lack of crowds, but only they're only fleeting 'misses' if you know what I mean NZ will always be there to visit and enjoy as a 2nd home and the positives of coming back far outweighed the negatives for us I now feel more contented and more appreciative of life here ....happy to be here!

North or south Devon coast??.....lots to be said for both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.