Here's one for you...

Old May 24th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's one for you...

Originally Posted by Mumof1
I'm not happy, but it may not help moving away, I'm not sure why I'm unhappy, it's mostly boredom, I've spent the last 2 years at home looking after my daughter, and though I love that, it's destroyed who I am...however, that's not the only thing to look at before a decision could be finalised.
Thing is, I wish I could afford to go over for a recce trip at the least, but we aren't in a financial situation to make that work...it's a pain. But we would probably go with the intention of staying 2 years (for the residency visa thing...not sure on all of the technical terms as yet!!), so I suppose "going to see" would actually be a really good way of looking at that. I think I stand a good chance of loving it as I'm kind of neutral on it all just now, no expectations of a better life, of Oz being the answer to all woes...does that make sense?
Yes makes sense.
Maybe try changing things where you are though first, see if that makes the difference to your life.
Could you get out a bit more, maybe a p/t job. A course. Try to get a bit of you back?
Moving abroad when you're happy with it all is hard enough.
Dont listen to me though
Old May 24th 2007, 1:03 pm
I've agreed to go!

Mumof1 has a brilliant futureMumof1 has a brilliant futureMumof1 has a brilliant futureMumof1 has a brilliant futureMumof1 has a brilliant futureMumof1 has a brilliant future

That's pretty much what I'm doing, filled out my first job app in 18months min today...weird to do. OH and I are talking more clearly than we were too...this is only bringing positivity to us at the moment...
Old May 24th 2007, 9:12 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

We have never regretted making the decision to go in the first place because as others have said if we hadn't we would have always wondered what if, also it made us realise what actually is important to us in life and our lives now are so much more contented.

Only regret is that with hindsight we wouldn't have shipped everything over staight away but would have put it in storage to see how things went first. We managed without it until it arrived 6 weeks after we arrived and most of it stayed packed in the spare rooms of our house until we returned, it had one heck of a ride out
Old May 25th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading downunder 2002
We have never regretted making the decision to go in the first place because as others have said if we hadn't we would have always wondered what if, also it made us realise what actually is important to us in life and our lives now are so much more contented.

Only regret is that with hindsight we wouldn't have shipped everything over staight away but would have put it in storage to see how things went first. We managed without it until it arrived 6 weeks after we arrived and most of it stayed packed in the spare rooms of our house until we returned, it had one heck of a ride out

I only packed things that were important to me, pics, books for work etc, they left home in nov 06 and its now nearly end of may 07, they got to aus in Dec then sat in adelaide till i asked the shippers to send them back. they were in aus longer than me!

sorry to go off topic.
Old May 25th 2007, 8:15 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Here's one for you...

Originally Posted by pommybird
Absolutely no regrets for me, although we came back to the UK, our experience of moving to Perth has taught me so much and changed my life for the better. If I had not have gone, I would still be sat here miserable moaning about the UK, now I am happier than I have been in many years and now realise my life in the UK is all I ever needed to be happy.

Everyone will offer advice based on their own experience and as you probably realise this will vary according to the advisor's experience, some good, some bad the only true way of finding out whether it is right for you is to take the bull by the horns and get out there and try it. Good luck!
x2
Old May 25th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

cabaj will become famous soon enoughcabaj will become famous soon enough

No regrets about taking the chance, even though after 3 years we are not settled/miss home/will probably head back. It's all about living life - experience and adventure! But don't expect a move half way around the world to resolve all your problems. As some posters have said, there is risk - especially financial. Ping-ponging costs and it can take years to recover.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:17 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
No..it had to be done. Wish we had never had the idea though! But you have to live a little and take those opportunities. But...if you are happy I would suggest staying put! Sorry..
I agree, If your happy where you are, nice house, nice area, good job then stay put. If I'd known then what I know now I would never have come.
Old May 25th 2007, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
If I'd known then what I know now .

Gawd...think I'll have those words etched onto my headstone!!!!
Old May 25th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Gawd...think I'll have those words etched onto my headstone!!!!
Old May 25th 2007, 11:26 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
I agree, If your happy where you are, nice house, nice area, good job then stay put. If I'd known then what I know now I would never have come.
Have to agree with Arkon (again)

I 100% totally regret risking everything on a dream that turned into a nightmare. Yes it was an experience, yes we had some good times, saw some great places and met some lovely people but was it worth losing everything for Absolutely not!

The experience has made us stronger, we are clearer about what we want in life and we also appreciate the UK a whole lot more now, but it is so hard to have to start over again

If you're bored and fed up take up a new hobby
Old May 26th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Have to agree with Arkon (again)

I 100% totally regret risking everything on a dream that turned into a nightmare. Yes it was an experience, yes we had some good times, saw some great places and met some lovely people but was it worth losing everything for Absolutely not!

The experience has made us stronger, we are clearer about what we want in life and we also appreciate the UK a whole lot more now, but it is so hard to have to start over again

If you're bored and fed up take up a new hobby
I agree
If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have come either.