Hemel Hempstaed..

Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Hemel Hempstaed..

Does somebody knows Hemel well? We still looking for some were to buy a house...since MK is out the picture..
We would like to know which are the good and which are the bad areas?
Somebody?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:41 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hemel Hempstaed..

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Does somebody knows Hemel well? We still looking for some were to buy a house...since MK is out the picture..
Somebody?
Yeah I know it quite well. Leverstock Green is quite nice - and is about 1/2 miles out of Hemel. Boxmoor is nice too. The Old Town is nice and quaint.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Yeah I know it quite well. Leverstock Green is quite nice - and is about 1/2 miles out of Hemel. Boxmoor is nice too. The Old Town is nice and quaint.
After spending yesterday all day on the computer finding stuff out over Hemel..I got the impression that Boxmoor ticks all the boxes for us...because they also have the good school...

What is the crime and the town center like??
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:17 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

After spending yesterday all day on the computer finding stuff out over Hemel..I got the impression that Boxmoor ticks all the boxes for us...because they also have the good school...

What is the crime and the town center like??
The town centtre is okay - they've just got a new debenhams, and they've got next etc etc. There is an inside bit and an outside bit. Then there's also the old town which is nice - nice old pubs. Then there's "wally world" - a complex where there's a cinema, bowling, ice rink, swim pool and night club.

It's not the prettiest of places but I would say its alright ish
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:30 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

It's much better and safer than Aylesbury anyway!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derbyflan
It's much better and safer than Aylesbury anyway!

We had a look at High Wycombe..but I did not liked the look of it..but I quit like boxmoor/hemel hempstead..dont know Aylesbury..
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:10 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

We had a look at High Wycombe..but I did not liked the look of it..but I quit like boxmoor/hemel hempstead..dont know Aylesbury..
Gloucestershire ? I have a house for sale
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:13 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody?
I lived in Hemel from 1997-2001 - it's a while ago but I can have a go at answering any specific questions if you'd like to PM me.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

you could try to PM RedMonsk , she on the NZ site & lives in Berkhamsted nr hemel
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

camogirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hemel Hempstaed..

We lived in Hemel for 5 years. Moved to MK 2001. Hemel has changed a lot. In a good way as the town has more to offer in the way of shopping.
We lived in Boxmoor, off Lockers Park. We were happy there.

Living in Portugal now.