Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Helping my sister in law get a visa?

Helping my sister in law get a visa?

Old Feb 2nd 2022, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helping my sister in law get a visa?

Hello everyone,
My wife and are moving back, likely within 6 months. I just received a job offer and will start our process me being the spousal sponsor, I'm relatively comfortable with that process.

However, I know that the move is going to really affect my Canadian niece as we've been her (and subsequently my Canadian SILs) support structure throughout her life. (Long story but in a nutshell they lived with us for years after my niece was born until they found their feet). Is anybody aware of any legitimate way we can help my SIL and subsequently my niece move into the UK.

I've checked on the UK Visa site and nothing stands out for me as she's not wealthy enough to be an investor, she doesn't have a degree which limits her as a skilled worker (I think it was Tier 1 and Tier 2 under the points based system). In case it helps she's an insurance adjuster which I doubt would ever be a trade in need.

It's not the end of the world if they can't move with us but I would like to present it as an option for my wife to discuss with them if they did want to follow us.

Last edited by ArthurBrit; Feb 2nd 2022 at 12:18 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helping my sister in law get a visa?

Okay I did a bit of digging and the skilled work route does seem open to her.
How have people gone about finding sponsored employment? Is this usually a route for employees doing company transfers or is there a website these business advertise on or is it just a case of going contacting recruiters and doing a typical job search?
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a case of researching and looking at employment websites/trade magazines etc.
Tier 2 visa has quite select criteria.
Does she have any Brit ancestry? Grandparents etc - Ancestry visa come to mind for Canadians.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

There's always this list to look at

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...onsors-workers

Old Feb 3rd 2022, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you SanDiegogirl. I saw that list as well and forwarded it off to her along with a link to the visa category. Her ancestry is eastern European so doesn't help her out too much.

I'm not sure there's a lot more that I can really do for her unfortunately. She knows I'm more than willing to help her out if she gets to the country but she needs to go through the steps to get the opportunity, should she want it.