Wikiposts

HELP-UK college fees

Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP-UK college fees

Originally Posted by Twigstar
she graduated this year and had her 19th birthday 3 weeks later so only 1 year later.

6th - 10th grade in Florida, 1 year in the UK at college then 11th & 12th Grade in Texas
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Well I think they should have counted the UK year as 11th grade!
It depends on when the child's birthday is as to whether she could have skipped USA year 11, with the UK year 11 counting.

Dont forget that some youngsters finish college (6th form) before their 18th birthday in the UK, same as some finish just before their 19th birthday depending when their birthdays are. Guessing USA is the same.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Cali2UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brits1
H,i our youngest son had not lived in the UK for more than 3 years....he had 3 interviews at colleges of his choice and decided on which one he liked best and started in September 2010, we were not asked for any fee's etc by any of these colleges even though the all three colleges were informed of our sons overseas education.
thats good to hear i know that there are loop holes
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aries_bird
Quick question, how old are you? Colleges of Further Education are free to all permanent residents if under the age of 19. This is the same as school.

College courses are chargeable to most people over this age, even if they have never left UK soil - unless they are in receipt of benefits etc where certain allowances/reduced fees may apply.
I will be 22 next month so i know that i will not qualify for free education but im just hoping that i will at least be able to pay resident tuition because im assuming that the international tuition will be outrageous.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cali2UK
I will be 22 next month so i know that i will not qualify for free education but im just hoping that i will at least be able to pay resident tuition because im assuming that the international tuition will be outrageous.
Depends on the course, some courses, it probably won't make much difference if the uni is looking to charge the max per year for in-tuition of £9K a year....the major difference is being able to get government backed student loans or not and then having to pay up front.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Depends on the course, some courses, it probably won't make much difference if the uni is looking to charge the max per year for in-tuition of £9K a year....the major difference is being able to get government backed student loans or not and then having to pay up front.
Im taking a dental nurse course I was also told that i could make payments, and she was aware that i was from the US so we will see how this goes!...