Help needed senior citezen

Wikiposts

Help needed senior citezen

Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:29 am
Just Joined

kash79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed senior citezen

Hi

My sister is a US citizen living in NJ. She wants our mother who is 67 to visit her and stay with her for a few months (being a sponsor). We are residents of Pakistan and the US visa application process is new for me.

So far ive researched a few places and found out about DS-160 online non-immigrant visa application form and related information.

My question is that what sort of documents would be required from the US citizen with this application? My sister will be traveling to Pakistan this month, i need to tell her about these documents so that she can bring them along.

I'll appriciate your help.

Regards
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed senior citezen

Originally Posted by kash79
Hi

My sister is a US citizen living in NJ. She wants our mother who is 67 to visit her and stay with her for a few months (being a sponsor). We are residents of Pakistan and the US visa application process is new for me.

So far ive researched a few places and found out about DS-160 online non-immigrant visa application form and related information.

My question is that what sort of documents would be required from the US citizen with this application? My sister will be traveling to Pakistan this month, i need to tell her about these documents so that she can bring them along.

I'll appriciate your help.

Regards
I don't think your sister needs to provide any documents. It's fully your mother's appliction. Mom will need to provide proof of her ties to Pakistan, and proof that she does not intend to remain in the USA beyond her allotted visiting time.

Your sister *might* want to bring an I-134 and evidence of her income with her to Pakistan, but mom shouldn't show it at the interview unless specifically asked for it.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read the information here yet?
http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

That is a good place to start. Be careful, as there are often people who tell you you can hire them to expedite the application etc. Not all of them are legitimate.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Mom will need to provide proof of her ties to Pakistan, and proof that she does not intend to remain in the USA beyond her allotted visiting time.
Rene
Please, could you elaborate which type of documents are to be considered as a proof. She is a widow and is currently receiving pension of my late father who was in the army, also she has some savings invested in goverment schemes about $20,000. Currently she is living with me, my wife and two little kids and we have our own house.

how should i present this case.

Regards
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kash79
Please, could you elaborate which type of documents are to be considered as a proof. She is a widow and is currently receiving pension of my late father who was in the army, also she has some savings invested in goverment schemes about $20,000. Currently she is living with me, my wife and two little kids and we have our own house.

how should i present this case.

Regards
Doesn't sound like she has many ties to Pakistan, then. Normally it would immediate family that she's leaving behind in Pakistan (her spouse has passed away and she has no young children who need her care), home (she doesn't own her own), work (she's not working), school (she's not in school). Is there anything you can use that shows a pressing need to return to Pakistan by a certain date?

However, since she's older, she might not have to show as many ties. On the other hand, she's older, so more tempting to just stay in the USA with her daughter there.

I'm afraid all you can do is gather what you can, and hope for the best.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2011, 11:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are not going to think she will work.

Do not forget the Travel Insurance.