Help moving back with a kid?

Wikiposts

Help moving back with a kid?

Old Dec 18th 2011, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

lemondrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help moving back with a kid?

Hi,

I need to move back to the UK asap due to custody reasons and was wondering whether any of you have experience in this - getting help and such?

I moved abroad without my two-year-old father's consent in February (had no way of contacting him at the time, long story but he had been vanished for 6 months) however he has made contact of late and is requesting us back to the UK, which is exactly what I want and know is best for our boy. There is no threat as such, but he has told me solicitors have been in touch to say what I did is classified as abduction and that our son will need to be returned to the City of London preferably right now, regardless if I come along or not.

The dad is a good person (although did have a lot to answer for as to his dissapearance) and there hasn't been any spite, arguing or dissagreements regarding all this, I completely agree we should never have moved but I had no choice as I had totally run out of money and couldn't afford nursery. He understands my predicament and holds nothing against me. He knows the UK has been my home for many years now and I never wanted to leave in the first place.

Anyway, so we need to get back to the UK asap, in the next 3 months or so. Is there any support I can get with regard to re-establishing myself there again? I have a good job but have no way of saving any larger amounts whilst in Sweden as life here is so expensive. Any advice?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:31 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help moving back with a kid?

First I would get some advice on the custody matter. You might want to give a call to Reunite and go over what your options are. As you probably already know, you shouldn't have left with the kid without his permission, but more important than that is "what now?"--a question they can help you answer.

http://www.reunite.org/