Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Help, do we need returning resident visa's??

Wikiposts

Help, do we need returning resident visa's??

Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road
Default Help, do we need returning resident visa's??

We have been in Aus nearly 4 years and have decided to go back to the UK, my hubbie and daughter have UK passports and I was wondering if anyone knows if they can just walk back in to the UK or do they need one of those returning resident visa's??
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:58 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help, do we need returning resident visa's??

UK passport holders just walk on through!!
What about your own?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:21 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Might be a consideration to get Aussie Citizenship before you leave - you may at some point wish to return (or your daughter might).

Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

I have got an Aussie passport with 'right of abode in the UK and hoping to do the same for my son on his Aussie passport. But hubbie and daughter are both on UK passports with permanent resident visa's. Hopefully it will be fine for them to just walk through with their UK passports..... Dont think we will bother with the aussie citizenship-cant see us wanting to returning permanently in the near future...
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PARKES
I have got an Aussie passport with 'right of abode in the UK and hoping to do the same for my son on his Aussie passport. But hubbie and daughter are both on UK passports with permanent resident visa's. Hopefully it will be fine for them to just walk through with their UK passports..... Dont think we will bother with the aussie citizenship-cant see us wanting to returning permanently in the near future...
After nearly four years and therefore not far off being able to apply, that's quite a unilateral decision you're making for your daughter but it's your prerogative I guess

Anyway, yes if they're British citizens/passport holders they can move back as and when they wish.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help, you've made me think now!! She's only 4 but you never know what might happen in the future..
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PARKES
Thanks for the help, you've made me think now!! She's only 4 but you never know what might happen in the future..
Especially if her brother has one. Asking for trouble if you don't get hers