British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Help on arrival homeless (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/help-arrival-homeless-891457/)

Saman20177 Feb 12th 2017 9:06 pm

Re: Help on arrival homeless

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 12178176)
I'd imagine there'd be plenty of bar/ restaurant / cafe jobs in MCR on basic wGe. Have you done a Google search? I have family in MCR and they say plenty of work available if you're legal, have an NI number

Yes sir i have done search everything bu in order for to even get a job to start with i need some where to stay thats the problem im having

Saman20177 Feb 12th 2017 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 12178179)
Manchester B&B not less than £40/night x 7 nights + all the other expenses.... money will be gone fast.

Now a shelter in Manchester @ £5/night, scrounge some food & hand outs, the odd cigarette, few cans from Morrisons, the £500 could last 3 weeks or more

By now OP you must have it all figured out, know where you are going to when you get to Manchester, where to look for work ... is that right?

No sir i have searched the sites for manchester jobs and shelters nothing usefull..the only thing i knew was that a coucil flat now i realised i have to wait till 3month thats even made it worse for me

Pica Feb 12th 2017 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 12178177)
going the B&B & should the OP need gigs, booze, food, transportation, top up his phone, internet cafe, job searching - I reckon the £500 will be gone in a week

Yeah, sounds about right but why the gigs?

not2old Feb 12th 2017 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Saman20177 (Post 12178180)
Yes sir i have done search everything bu in order for to even get a job to start with i need some where to stay thats the problem im having

you are beginning to annoy me

You asked for help, lots has been provided + you now know that you won't get free council accommodations

So what are you going to do - step by step when you arrive at Manchester the minute you walk through the arrivals door with £500, a suitcase, a mobile phone, no friends & no family?

I would like to hear it?

spouse of scouse Feb 12th 2017 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Saman20177 (Post 12178181)
No sir i have searched the sites for manchester jobs and shelters nothing usefull..the only thing i knew was that a coucil flat now i realised i have to wait till 3month thats even made it worse for me

Are you planning to contact the organisations that you've been given details of in this thread?

not2old Feb 12th 2017 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 12178183)
Yeah, sounds about right but why the gigs?

typo should have been cigs, although the OP after his escapades in Iran it might be a 'gig'

Pica Feb 12th 2017 9:14 pm

which sites have you searched sir? Your best option appears to be staying in Iran, working and saving lots and lots of money so you can pay a deposit on a house in the UK

not2old Feb 12th 2017 9:23 pm

you are wasting my time, of course there are homeless support groups & shelters in Manchester. Are you too damn lazy to search for it & just want the easy answer?

Manchester

Hostel or shelter – Brick by Brick LHAG

Where to stay in an emergency - Shelter England

spouse of scouse Feb 12th 2017 9:24 pm

Goodness me. Posts 40, 57 and 65. Ciao :thumbup:

Pica Feb 12th 2017 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 12178203)
you are wasting my time, of course there are homeless support groups & shelters in Manchester. Are you too damn lazy to search for it & just want the easy answer?

Manchester

Hostel or shelter – Brick by Brick LHAG

Where to stay in an emergency - Shelter England

:goodpost:

not2old Feb 12th 2017 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 12178191)
which sites have you searched sir? Your best option appears to be staying in Iran, working and saving lots and lots of money so you can pay a deposit on a house in the UK

Oy, thats what I said previously, but as you know the OP has every excuse under the sun :eek: :nod:

OP wants back in the UK with his £500, someone to give him a roof over his head, a warm bed, a job & a council flat

Well, it ain't going to happen

Pica Feb 12th 2017 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 12178209)

Oy, thats what I said previously, but as you know the OP has every excuse under the sun :eek: :nod:

OP wants back in the UK with his £500, someone to give him a roof over his head, a warm bed, a job & a council flat

Well, it ain't going to happen

He probably knows that-it's just a wind up

not2old Feb 12th 2017 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12178204)
Goodness me. Posts 40, 57 and 65. Ciao :thumbup:

kudo's all round SOS ;)

Just me asking the OP, simple as it gets, after all, look at all the help & free support the OP has been given so far.

I would like the OP to post his step by step first month plan when he gets through the arrival doors at Manchester airport?

Short & sweet

not2old Feb 12th 2017 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 12178211)
He probably knows that-it's just a wind up

I don't think so, I think the OP wants the easy answer & there isn't one

Saman20177 Feb 12th 2017 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 12178191)

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/