Wikiposts

Hello you lot!

Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello you lot!

Must just tell you guys about my first, long anticipated and looked forward to, trip to Tesco's superstore not far from us.....

It was the day after we'd arrived and I really really wanted to go and experience that bustling shopping thing. So off I toddled to Tesco's on a Saturday arvo. Big mistake. Big. Huge! I honestly think I was on the verge of a panic attack there were so many people and the place was just gigantic with so much choice. No more 2 or 3 choices of bolognaise sauces mate, there's a whole bloody shelf. There's travelators up and down, aisles and aisles of variety and a million darn checkouts (o.k, slight exageration there but you get the gist!) After sleep Perth, limited choices in tiny Coles, it was a bloody shock to the system I can tell you.

But now I feel I have assimilated once more into the wonderful world of variety. I am grabbing BOGOF's at every opportunity, whether we need them or not, the novelty factor is just amazing.

Oh, and then there's Monsoon and Next and M & S .....! Sorry folks
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Must just tell you guys about my first, long anticipated and looked forward to, trip to Tesco's superstore not far from us.....

It was the day after we'd arrived and I really really wanted to go and experience that bustling shopping thing. So off I toddled to Tesco's on a Saturday arvo. Big mistake. Big. Huge! I honestly think I was on the verge of a panic attack there were so many people and the place was just gigantic with so much choice. No more 2 or 3 choices of bolognaise sauces mate, there's a whole bloody shelf. There's travelators up and down, aisles and aisles of variety and a million darn checkouts (o.k, slight exageration there but you get the gist!) After sleep Perth, limited choices in tiny Coles, it was a bloody shock to the system I can tell you.

But now I feel I have assimilated once more into the wonderful world of variety. I am grabbing BOGOF's at every opportunity, whether we need them or not, the novelty factor is just amazing.

Rub it in why don't you...
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Rub it in why don't you...
She probably dropped into a lovely country pub on the way home.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello you lot!

We're in Ivybridge which is a small town/large village in the South Hams.
Blimey! I went to school in Ivybridge. I actually lived closer to Plymstock than Ivybridge, but because I was in the South Hams, Ivybridge was the nearest comprehensive in the catchment area. I remember the long daily school bus journeys.

Anyway, glad you are settling in. We still own a house in Plymouth and come back to visit every year. Still miss the old place, but a once-a-year fix will have to do for now.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:51 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

Its great to hear all is well I'm sure you will have the best xmas ever!!
Regards Mysterio
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

BOGOF!

Well Tracey, i won't be far behind you
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:45 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Choice? More choice? More choice than we have here in the 'supermarkets' (super;cough splutter)? Are you sure Tracey? That has been 'proven' false by a certain poster in the barbie, so would you please just check the next time you are shopping? Just to be sure that you weren't hallucinating of course.

I am pleased to hear that all is going well for you, I truly am. Your children will have a magical Christmas this year that's for sure. Good luck to all of you.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read your thread after my weekly shop at Coles! Boring as usual.

We're moving back just after Christmas and we've been told there is a huge Tesco 5 mins from our rental house. My youngest can't wait to have Tesco's breakfast again!

My other two, girls, have their pounds ready for the sales at Primark, H&M , Next etc etc etc.....

9 weeks to go!!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:25 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Choice? More choice? More choice than we have here in the 'supermarkets' (super;cough splutter)? Are you sure Tracey? That has been 'proven' false by a certain poster in the barbie, so would you please just check the next time you are shopping? Just to be sure that you weren't hallucinating of course.

I am pleased to hear that all is going well for you, I truly am. Your children will have a magical Christmas this year that's for sure. Good luck to all of you.
Oh yes!! I think you best pop in there Tracey. They were all laughing at me (boo hoo humbug )

I mean, apparently i have it all wrong. Coles and Woolies have just as much choice as all the supermarkets in UK

I also found it somewhat overwhelming when i first went back. If i am honest, I was so taken aback by the enormity of these places i couldnt cope and went home
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:49 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl

WHAT??!!! You went into The Barbie!!?? Everyone knows you shouldn't do that. You need to stay here within the safe confines of the like minded MBTUK lot.

Hey - I know, I've been there. Strayed just for a split second into there a few weeks back and got shouted at from every angle. Had to quietly remove myself! Think I forgot where I was. Also realised what a staunch lot of "we love Oz" they really are.

Never again. Stay here St G girl.You'll be safe here.

Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
WHAT??!!! You went into The Barbie!!?? Everyone knows you shouldn't do that. You need to stay here within the safe confines of the like minded MBTUK lot.

Hey - I know, I've been there. Strayed just for a split second into there a few weeks back and got shouted at from every angle. Had to quietly remove myself! Think I forgot where I was. Also realised what a staunch lot of "we love Oz" they really are.

Nah, I think the rose coloureds need more of us in there. Heck, I must have missed the limited range discussion - darnit, I always like to wade in boots and all. Only thing I will concede is that you can get more varieties of tuna in Aus than you can in UK - though who actually wants to eat tinned tuna is another whole question altogether.

I am all green with envy at the prospect of a venture into Waitrose or Sainsburys (my preference over Tesco I must admit). Our Woolies is dirty, cramped and the queues are ghastly even though it did once pride itself on being the biggest in the southern hemisphere or something (load of cobblers I reckon!).
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:17 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll is right Pearly, they need educating

I dont go there that often, hardly anyone talks to you anyway unless you've drifted over from this island, which suits me just fine as i can post any old dross i like and get away with it

(there'll be one right along shortly.... )
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT??!!! You went into The Barbie!!?? Everyone knows you shouldn't do that.

At least its safe in here Pearly, thought there was gonna be blood spilt last time we were in the Barbie

Last edited by scrubbedexpat055; Oct 29th 2008 at 6:19 pm. Reason: typo
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:36 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
At least its safe in here Pearly, thought there was gonna be blood spilt last time we were in the Barbie

Yeah - it did get rather tense didn't it.
Like I say , I'm staying put here from now on. Mind you - could always drum up some interest in there just before I depart! HA!

Anyway, as Flea says you can spout as much sh*te as you like on here and no-one bats an eyelid! Keep it comin Flea! LOL!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Quoll is right Pearly, they need educating

I dont go there that often, hardly anyone talks to you anyway unless you've drifted over from this island, which suits me just fine as i can post any old dross i like and get away with it

(there'll be one right along shortly.... )
I'm always venturing into the dark side you just have to have a thick skin! I always post any old dross and get away with it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.