Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hello: I'm so glad I found you all

Hello: I'm so glad I found you all

Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello: I'm so glad I found you all

Originally Posted by Triboy
Well my wife has promised next year. I'd like to be over there to take part in IronMan UK 08 (Sherbourne) which is in August.

Been here nearly 20 yrs (been home a lot as well, so I know its changed)
Hope you make it. Come and say/puff "hello" as you pass as it goes down our road! Don't fancy swimming in that lake though...
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:53 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seasprite
Hope you make it. Come and say/puff "hello" as you pass as it goes down our road! Don't fancy swimming in that lake though...
Will do. Is Homer still there?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/6901543.stm
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:05 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cam1977
That's funny. There used to be guy on here called FPM who did exactly the same thing.

But he would also tell his Korean wife in a loud voice, "Don't buy anything Australian - it's all crap". (Only when there were plenty of Aussies around of course.)

And then in the checkout queue he'd make comments to his wife about how stupid Australians are.

Maybe you too can try those ploys. Must be good for a laugh.
I remember FPM. I wonder what happened to him and why he doesn't post anymore?

Old Jul 21st 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Oh I do! Should I be ?

I see someone mentioned cracker, great show. I also really liked Frost and Inspector Morse. Guess I just like Brit drama esp crime type shows. David Jason was just bloody excellent in Frost I thought. So too Robbie Coltrane in Cracker. John Thaw was always good in anything he did, The Sweeney, IM, Cavanagh QC.

Were some different but very good for their time dramas too, like Rock Follies and Bouquet of Barbed Wire.
I remember Bouquet of Barbed Wire (there was a sorta sex scenein it) I must have only been about 10 ish or summin like that.

Escape to the Country and Relocation Relocation are my down falls so desperate was i one night I even emailed Kirsty on Relocation begging her to help us get back (I was pissed at the time)
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:32 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
I remember Bouquet of Barbed Wire (there was a sorta sex scenein it) I must have only been about 10 ish or summin like that.
Yeh was back in late 70s. I recall the father had some obsessive thing about his daughter, and her boyfriend was slipping the mother one Was a well put together show.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh was a good show and i can vaguely remember the music - there was a rose involved in it somewhere (on the advert). It used to be on when my mum was at bingo and she'd come back I was still up, so must have been a friday night or summin and I'd quickly switch it over in case a rude bit came on
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeh was a good show and i can vaguely remember the music - there was a rose involved in it somewhere (on the advert). It used to be on when my mum was at bingo and she'd come back I was still up, so must have been a friday night or summin and I'd quickly switch it over in case a rude bit came on
Cant remember the actor he's well known but he was the posh one - can see his face and Im sure hes still alive - what was his blimmin name!!! (hate that when you cant remember!!)
Old Jul 21st 2007, 4:59 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Cant remember the actor he's well known but he was the posh one - can see his face and Im sure hes still alive - what was his blimmin name!!! (hate that when you cant remember!!)
I can't recall his name either but his character was Frank, his wife Cassandra (cassie) and his daughter Prue. He's been in a fair few tv shows over the years I'm sure, but never in ones that have several series at prime time, which allow you to become more familiar with them,eg John Thaw, David Jason have both had careers on tv that made it easier to know their names, if you know what I mean.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is Frank Finley the name you're looking for?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073967/
Old Jul 21st 2007, 10:29 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Is Frank Finley the name you're looking for?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073967/
Yes that's him!! Well done JG
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

My God, Bouguet of barbed wire - a blast from the long ago past......
KC - your memory of all the characters is amazing. I can picturew that man btw
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:10 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't say I remember BoBB, can remember Pennies From Heaven though. I remeber when I was young my Mum wouldn't let me watch Catweazel, because 'he wasn't very nice'
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say I remember BoBB, can remember Pennies From Heaven though. I remeber when I was young my Mum wouldn't let me watch Catweazel, because 'he wasn't very nice'
Catweazel was pure class - I loved him
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Catweazel was pure class - I loved him
yeuch, catweazel was scary but not as scary as the daleks!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rabsody
yeuch, catweazel was scary but not as scary as the daleks!!!
Catweazel didnt scare me, maybe I've blocked scary bits -
The Daleks did, probably still would

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.