Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hello: I'm so glad I found you all

Hello: I'm so glad I found you all

Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:57 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello: I'm so glad I found you all

if i lived on my own i would have gone back to uk years ago but my family are all really happy. so i just have to make the most of it... even my husband who "loves it" and will "never go back" has recently been a bit pee'd off with it so there is hope one day... when my kids have left home i will probably go back to uk for a while.... but it will husbandless.....sad...sad... i feel sad today......in the summer i am happy in the winter i am sad.........
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:59 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triboy
do they rhyme with 'sand', 'mooring' and 'frap'?
Got it in one....
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:07 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

in the summer i am happy in the winter i am sad.....

That's weird because I get very sad in the summer, and feel better in the winter here. I know what you mean about the family.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Glad I found this place and some like minded people. I've been living in Australia for quite a few years, but am becoming increasingly unhappy here, and plan to move home next year with my wife.

Anyway just thought I'd say hello. Congratulations on realising how truly great our country is. It's like a club eh?

Hope I can contribute in some small way
Sorry you are feeling like that, your story sounds familiar Good luck with your move back. Is your wife happy about it?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sorry you are feeling like that, your story sounds familiar Good luck with your move back. Is your wife happy about it?

She's ok with it. Took a long time getting there though
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:31 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Triboy

I am in Sydney, but going back to London in about 4 weeks.
The weird thing is, everywhere i go now, i keep saying to myself make the most of it as its the last time you'll see it.

Good luck with your plans
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

do they rhyme with 'sand', 'mooring' and 'frap'?
Oh hello & welcome...good post btw
you're going to be fun
have you only just found this site? took me over 6 yrs.
I did time in Sydney too....
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:11 pm

have you only just found this site? took me over 6 yrs.
I did time in Sydney too...

Actually a guy I've lost contact with told me about it ages ago. Just got around to looking now.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:21 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Glad I found this place and some like minded people. I've been living in Australia for quite a few years, but am becoming increasingly unhappy here, and plan to move home next year with my wife.

Anyway just thought I'd say hello. Congratulations on realising how truly great our country is. It's like a club eh?

ahh good luck with your move. I wish I had found this site when I was moving!

btw I live in Kent now its about 55 min on the train to london so commuterville!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Mmm but Stear clear of Chatham bit rough!! Maidstone and surrounding areas nice. Faversham, Canterbury lovely places to live round that way, Maidstone nice and central and had a big clean up I think was back in March and found it pleasant to walk round the town centre there...

Quite like Whitstable area though, yu can find some lovely little villages if you have a good drive round.

Kath
don't you be saying that only joking, on the news last night they said they were investing 1 billion pounds into Chatham, so hopefully it will improve!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

hiya and welcome to BE

yeah, it takes some folks to move away to realise just what they have back home in blighty and what makes it so great

welcome aboard
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
don't you be saying that only joking, on the news last night they said they were investing 1 billion pounds into Chatham, so hopefully it will improve!
Ye hope so, my Dad runs one of the carparks in Chatham and he said its dead in chatham now, must say when I came back I thought it was horrible the High Street, much prefer Maidstone.

I hear the Pentagon is gonna become flats? My OH used to work in that place doing all the maintenance etc half of that building was empty when they first built it and never got used!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Ye hope so, my Dad runs one of the carparks in Chatham and he said its dead in chatham now, must say when I came back I thought it was horrible the High Street, much prefer Maidstone.

I hear the Pentagon is gonna become flats? My OH used to work in that place doing all the maintenance etc half of that building was empty when they first built it and never got used!!!
Maidstone town centre is lovely, and the pentagon is a dump. Seemingly they're going to extend it and move the bus station. I hope they don't turn it into flats that would be a shame.
Although I wouldn't mind living on maidstone rd in chatham, the houses are gorgeous! I must do the lotto.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Welcome Triboy

I am in Sydney, but going back to London in about 4 weeks.
The weird thing is, everywhere i go now, i keep saying to myself make the most of it as its the last time you'll see it.

Good luck with your plans
Hi Flea

Me 2. I went out y'day & walked to the lighthouse at byron, saw whales, had morning coffee with chums etc, actually started taking piccies etc.
I even started wondering on the move & feeling quite sad about going.
I know its only as I'm leaving a nice place to live (for a while) and some lovely chums. Funny the mind, well mine is

Triboy (want to call you Trilby for some reason)
When next year you planning on home?
How long have you been here?
Good luck
x
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by why
if i lived on my own i would have gone back to uk years ago but my family are all really happy. so i just have to make the most of it... even my husband who "loves it" and will "never go back" has recently been a bit pee'd off with it so there is hope one day... when my kids have left home i will probably go back to uk for a while.... but it will husbandless.....sad...sad... i feel sad today......in the summer i am happy in the winter i am sad.........
ahhhh why.......thats sad.
did you used to get sad in UK winters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.