Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hello - I just joined! Am I in right area here?

Hello - I just joined! Am I in right area here?

Old Dec 26th 2013, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

DOREEN-SOUTHSEA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello - I just joined! Am I in right area here?

Hello
I have just joined and am a little worried I may be posting in the wrong place! Please let me know if I meet the criteria...
I live on the outskirts of Los Angeles.
I am 61 years old (young!).
I am looking to move back to Southsea in Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK in June 2014.
I lost my husband 4 months ago and our 2 children both suggested moving back home.
One of my daughters lives in New Zealand and the other lives about 7 miles from Southsea and so am trying my best to find somewhere as close as possible to where my husband and I lived.
I am so sorry if this is too long a message but I am a new member - any advice would be wonderful.
Thank you.
Doreen
Old Dec 26th 2013, 10:00 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello - I just joined! Am I in right area here?

Yes you are in the right place. I'm sorry for your loss. Your message is not too long.

Tell us a bit about yourself. How many years have you lived in the USA? Do I understand you correctly, that Southsea was where you lived before emigrating, and is near your daughter?

What kind of advice do you need?
Old Dec 27th 2013, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Doreen,

Welcome! You are absolutely in the right place, everyone here is so helpful and there is always someone who either knows the answer to a question or can point you in the right direction, so please just ask away!

I'm so sorry for your loss. How long have you lived in the US? Were you considering moving back to the UK prior to losing your husband? What sort of advise/input are you looking for?
Old Dec 27th 2013, 7:12 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 2:36 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Southsea is a lovely place, live not far from there and was there last week.
Do let me know if you need any advice etc about the area
Old Dec 27th 2013, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Since you have already lived in Southsea, what advice do you need?
Old Dec 28th 2013, 12:38 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. You are in the right place. I'm also really sorry for you're loss. There are loads of people on here who will help where ever possible.