Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hello everyone - thinking about going back to UK

Hello everyone - thinking about going back to UK

Old Dec 20th 2013, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

koalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everyone - thinking about going back to UK

My Dad was in Kingston hospital (2006) and honestly it was horrific. Filthy place, horrible nurses and no suitable room. The male nurse who held my Dad's hand and really cared was lovely. He told me he couldn't stand the NHS and was going to emigrate to Australia.

If some people are getting great care then good, it sort of cheers me up because my husband and I would love to move to England in a few years' time but wouldn't be able to afford Uk private cover.

I still want to hear from a person themselves though.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:01 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalabear1
Wow, where do they live?

It can't be where my Dad had leukaemia and was kept in the spare room with the bins because the only intensive care room was full. The staff promised us my Dad would have that room as soon as the man died. My Dad died after two weeks in that total and filthy dump NHS hospital in the London suburbs.
Dont take this the wrong way please but you seem to be trying to talk yourself out of it.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:03 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad was in Kingston hospital (2006) and honestly it was horrific. Filthy place, horrible nurses and no suitable room. The male nurse who held my Dad's hand and really cared was lovely. He told me he couldn't stand the NHS and was going to emigrate to Australia.

If some people are getting great care then good, it sort of cheers me up because my husband and I would love to move to England in a few years' time but wouldn't be able to afford Uk private cover.

I still want to hear from a person themselves though.
You still want to hear from 'a person themselves' ? So far I think everyone has been very positive about the NHS and with good reason as 99% of it is world class, of course like any system anywhere there are problems.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

koalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond reputekoalabear1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
You still want to hear from 'a person themselves' ? So far I think everyone has been very positive about the NHS and with good reason as 99% of it is world class, of course like any system anywhere there are problems.
Yes, someone who moved back after a long time from a country where medical care is excellent.

Not expats in the US (totally different country) or info about their relatives in Britain who have nothing to compare it to.

It's still nice to hear from people saying about the US or their relatives, but not exactly what I'd like to hear about.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris955
Dont take this the wrong way please but you seem to be trying to talk yourself out of it.

That is possible, I am indeed far from sure what to do.

But I am really shocked that nobody has even said it was wrong or sad how my Dad was treated.... so that says something if visitors here don't even see how that was unacceptable in the 21st century.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That is possible, I am indeed far from sure what to do.

But I am really shocked that nobody has even said it was wrong or sad how my Dad was treated.... so that says something if visitors here don't even see how that was unacceptable in the 21st century.
I think this will colour your view and agree with Chris, probably not a wise move.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:12 pm
Banned

Yes, someone who moved back after a long time from a country where medical care is excellent.

Not expats in the US (totally different country) or info about their relatives in Britain who have nothing to compare it to.

It's still nice to hear from people saying about the US or their relatives, but not exactly what I'd like to hear about.
Well I grew up in Australia and just moved here 18 months ago after 12 years in Queensland. Generally we had good treatment there although 3 operations and 3 infections and my son broke his arm and had awful treatment. Since being back we have used the NHS a number of times with no complaints.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sally - What isn't a wise move, you mean returning to the UK?

Yes, after a few days on this forum I am beginning to think so. Quite a few racists and an attitude of if you don't think the UK is the best then don't bother going back.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I think this will colour your view and agree with Chris, probably not a wise move.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, after a few days on this forum I am beginning to think so. Quite a few racists and an attitude of if you don't think the UK is the best then don't bother going back.
On the MBTTUK Forum? That doesn't sound right.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Not really, but if you go in with that view, the first time you encounter a problem with the NHS, you'll hate it and want to go back.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:18 pm
Banned

Quite a few racists? Luckily you dont get those in Germany. I havent once read anything approaching the attirude you mention. Being positive about the UK or the NHS is not actually a bad thing. It does seem as though you want people to agree with you to reinforce the fact that you want to stay where you are.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

You know, you are one tough lady, my DAD DIED IN A SORT OF CUPBOARD NEXT TO THE BINS because the NHS hospital couldn't find him a proper room. He had leukaemia and died two and a half weeks after the diagnosis.

... no all you say is that this will colour my view.

good grief. I don't think this forum is for me.

I prefer to communicate with people who feel, not machines.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You know, you are one tough lady, my DAD DIED IN A SORT OF CUPBOARD NEXT TO THE BINS because the NHS hospital couldn't find him a proper room. He had leukaemia and died two and a half weeks after the diagnosis.

... no all you say is that this will colour my view.

good grief. I don't think this forum is for me.

I prefer to communicate with people who feel, not machines.
Crikey
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dunroving
On the MBTTUK Forum? That doesn't sound right.
I agree, that definitely doesnt sound like this forum, as someone who despises racism I would notice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.