Reload this Page >

Hello from China, need advice please regarding tax forms

Wikiposts

Hello from China, need advice please regarding tax forms

Old May 9th 2015, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

martinsackett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from China, need advice please regarding tax forms

Hi I wonder if you can help me or advice me, on what forms I need to fill out, and can it be done online? I live and work in China as a teacher. I have a one rental property in England. And I recieve a small salary( compared to the the UK) here in China. Do you know what classifies me as a non resident? Many thanks in advance if you can help. Regards Martin
Old May 9th 2015, 6:40 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from China, need advice please regarding tax forms

Welcome to the forum

Sorry, cannot help you much. I believe you can do these things online. Have seen others mention it. Hopefully someone else will have more specific answers for you.
Old May 13th 2015, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Joannamoto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martinsackett
Hi I wonder if you can help me or advice me, on what forms I need to fill out, and can it be done online? I live and work in China as a teacher. I have a one rental property in England. And I recieve a small salary( compared to the the UK) here in China. Do you know what classifies me as a non resident? Many thanks in advance if you can help. Regards Martin
Hello Martin

The statutory residence test was introduced in the Finance Act 2013. This means there are a number of tests to apply to determine your residence position in the UK. Although strictly an individual is considered either resident or non resident for the whole of a tax year, the tax year may be split so that you are considered non UK resident from the day after departure (provided certain conditions are met). It would be advisable to complete a form P85 on leaving the UK. <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 13th 2015 at 3:37 am. Reason: Please take the time to re-read the Site Rules, thx.
Old May 14th 2015, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

As the Welcome Inn is for introductions only...I have moved your thread over to the UK forum.
Old May 14th 2015, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

thanks bakedbean for your reply, best wishes Marty
Old May 14th 2015, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks jerseygirl, I'm new to this game as you can tell!
Old May 14th 2015, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks joannamoto for your helpful advice, best wishes, marty