Hello!!!

Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!!!

Welcome to BE Sophia and Sagenonion.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Sophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
8.5 inches so far.

I am originally from Harrow in Middx and left in 1983 to go to Los Angeles where I ended up staying for 20 years before tiring of the constant bloody sunshine and heat! Then moved to Maine for white Christmases and cold weather, however I could use some sunshine and heat right now...."the grass is always greener" so they say.
8.5 inches? Oh my!!!

I love the sunshine and heat, that's why Florida is perfect for me. Plus it's close to the caribbean (my parents are Jamaican-Indian).... The only drawback is Florida and the caribbean are right in the midst of the hurricane zone.....s'pose you can't have everything, eh?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia68
Thanks alot.....

Yeah, lots a rain....we needed it though....I haven't been to the beach in ages!!
I take one for the team. So I go to the beach for all of those that can't get there.
Reg. FRank R.
Raining cats & dogs right now.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:20 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
I take one for the team. So I go to the beach for all of those that can't get there.
Reg. FRank R.
I saw an amusing clip on the Weather Channel a few weeks back...it showed people lying on the Florida sand, frolicing in the warm blue water under gorgeous sunny skies. The camera then panned back to show the locals, dressed up like eskimos in their parkas and Uggs because the temp had dropped to around 60F and only the "snowbirds" were happy. 60F seems like a dream to me now
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Sophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by frrussre
I take one for the team. So I go to the beach for all of those that can't get there.Reg. FRank R.
So kind of you....
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nethead
Welcome to BE Sophia and Sagenonion.
Thanks!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

So kind of you....
Thanks Sophia, someones got to do it.
Reg. Frank R.
Rain I don't like rain
Old Feb 13th 2008, 3:45 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to this mish-mash of personalities, 'hob nail boots and mannequins'! ... ... Seems to be there's a lotta Expats from the UK south. I'm further north, Lincoln way. It's not the great metropolis as areas in the south, but that suits me, having lived in London years back. Surrey I love, it's memories of woodland and fern.

I'm not in the States (yet) but my OH is. Looking to join her later this year, all being well.

M

----
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:15 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
I luv him (so sarky etc that one on Iceland was brill)

I missed that...he did one on Scotland? have to look out for it (would love to see what he said!)
The episode was about London and Edinburgh and according to the travel channel it looks like it will be showing again on Saturday at 1.00pm. TB drank his Irn-bru while eating fried haggis and king rib (looked disgusting) at a chippie.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britex01
Welcome to this mish-mash of personalities, 'hob nail boots and mannequins'! ... ... Seems to be there's a lotta Expats from the UK south. I'm further north, Lincoln way. It's not the great metropolis as areas in the south, but that suits me, having lived in London years back. Surrey I love, it's memories of woodland and fern.

I'm not in the States (yet) but my OH is. Looking to join her later this year, all being well.

M

----
Thanks britex01!!

Whereabouts is your OH in the states?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
The episode was about London and Edinburgh and according to the travel channel it looks like it will be showing again on Saturday at 1.00pm. TB drank his Irn-bru while eating fried haggis and king rib (looked disgusting) at a chippie.
I saw that episode...I love watching Mr. Bourdain....he's really down to earth and keeps it real....
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see a forum for new comers, so I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!!!

I'm a British expat...emigrated to Florida back in 1987 and have been here ever since. I love it, especially the weather!! I'm originally from Thornton Heath, Surrey. Last time I visited England was back in 1995. Can't say I honestly miss England....only the food/sweets.

Anyone else here live in Florida or are/were from Thornton Heath?
Hi there!,I'm a 'Sophia' as well!...hope you enjoy being here at BE as well,they're a lovely lot...most of the time!! tee hee!...I don't post a lot, but I pop in every day just to read the posts,and sometimes stick my 10p's worth in as well...Lucky you being in Florida,I'm in Central Illinois....nice to say hello!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
Hi there!,I'm a 'Sophia' as well!...hope you enjoy being here at BE as well,they're a lovely lot...most of the time!! tee hee!...I don't post a lot, but I pop in every day just to read the posts,and sometimes stick my 10p's worth in as well...Lucky you being in Florida,I'm in Central Illinois....nice to say hello!
Hi Sophia!! Thanks I'm enjoying BE already!!

Thanks for popping in and saying hello!! Are there many Brits in Illinois?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:31 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks britex01!!

Whereabouts is your OH in the states?
Note the 'tex' in britex ... ..

Subject to developments we might hit TN. Her son is naval in Florida.

So what's good about Florida, apart from weather, that is? ... ...

---
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britex01
Note the 'tex' in britex ... ..

Subject to developments we might hit TN. Her son is naval in Florida.

So what's good about Florida, apart from weather, that is? ... ...

---
Well, there's a large caribbean-Jamaican-Indian community here and although British-born, my parent's/family are Jamaican....so we get together often....there are caribbean night clubs, restaurants, etc.....so I feel right at home. Plus Jamaica is only an hour an a half away which is great and makes traveling to and from easier...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.