Hello!!!

Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Sophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really nice
Default Re: Hello!!!

Quick question...how do I disenable receiving email notifications of new posts?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia68
When I first moved here, I found the people to be very rude too....I've grown accustomed to their attitudes now and do not let it get to me....so do you plan to move to the Gulf Coast?
We have looked into it, maybe in a few years.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:05 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see a forum for new comers, so I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!!!

I'm a British expat...emigrated to Florida back in 1987 and have been here ever since. I love it, especially the weather!! I'm originally from Thornton Heath, Surrey. Last time I visited England was back in 1995. Can't say I honestly miss England....only the food/sweets.

Anyone else here live in Florida or are/were from Thornton Heath?
Hello and welcome
Now you took your time finding us as you've been here since '87!

Its the food I miss as well (apart from my family).
I haven't been back since this time out here - 2 1/2 yrs, but my mum is chewing my ear off (they've visited me twice!) so I suppose I will have to go back and visit sometime soonish.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Sophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really niceSophia68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Juswus
his parents are in PA, and no other family.
Bummer.....what are your neighbours like?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Hello and welcome
Now you took your time finding us as you've been here since '87!

Its the food I miss as well (apart from my family).
I haven't been back since this time out here - 2 1/2 yrs, but my mum is chewing my ear off (they've visited me twice!) so I suppose I will have to go back and visit sometime soonish.
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I did take my time, eh? Better late never, right?

The food just aint the same here, is it?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:32 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I did take my time, eh? Better late never, right? ;)

The food just aint the same here, is it?
Of course

Foodwise can't get 'decent' sausages - I loved the Irish recipe ones with the green stripe on it in the UK
(and I know before someone gives me loads of links (bad pun ) you can buy them on the internet, but I've tried so many bad ones and they all seem to want you to buy at least $20 of sausages)

But the big craving I have is decent fish and chips.
We get beautiful fresh fish here in Seattle and in some cases its better but the chips - I want them falling apart greasy like a chip shop

But I really really miss the lovely served food in a nice place, reasonably cheaply and beautifully presented
(I missed that when I lived in England as well!) in the SW of Scotland it is spoilt by the good eateries that 'Costley' eateries (Brig o'Doon etc) started.

Ahh but I digress into my own wee world

There are usually loads of 'missing food' threads they'll be one soon enough and we can all moan on there
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Of course

Foodwise can't get 'decent' sausages - I loved the Irish recipe ones with the green stripe on it in the UK
(and I know before someone gives me loads of links (bad pun ) you can buy them on the internet, but I've tried so many bad ones and they all seem to want you to buy at least $20 of sausages)

But the big craving I have is decent fish and chips.
We get beautiful fresh fish here in Seattle and in some cases its better but the chips - I want them falling apart greasy like a chip shop

But I really really miss the lovely served food in a nice place, reasonably cheaply and beautifully presented
(I missed that when I lived in England as well!) in the SW of Scotland it is spoilt by the good eateries that 'Costley' eateries (Brig o'Doon etc) started.

Ahh but I digress into my own wee world

There are usually loads of 'missing food' threads they'll be one soon enough and we can all moan on there
Tell me about it. I tried making some sausage rolls the other day with a grocery store (Publix) brand bulk pork sausage....it was no where near the sausage meat we get in England....my daughter still liked it though only cos she doesn't know what she's missing!! Awwwww....and the fish n chips, doused in malt vinegar, the pickled onion, sausage in batt'a, savaloy......mmmmmm......you've only gone and started me off now!!!! I miss the Chinese and Indian food too.....not to mention a doner kebab (I know the meat is crap, but it still tastes good) after a night out!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:40 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE, glad you finally found us..

Enjoy the mad-house..
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Hello and welcome to BE, glad you finally found us..

Enjoy the mad-house..
Thanks for the welcome!!!

I'm sure I will....
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:16 pm

Tell me about it. I tried making some sausage rolls the other day with a grocery store (Publix) brand bulk pork sausage....it was no where near the sausage meat we get in England....my daughter still liked it though only cos she doesn't know what she's missing!! Awwwww....and the fish n chips, doused in malt vinegar, the pickled onion, sausage in batt'a, savaloy......mmmmmm......you've only gone and started me off now!!!! I miss the Chinese and Indian food too.....not to mention a doner kebab (I know the meat is crap, but it still tastes good) after a night out!!!
Ah UK Chinese food - so different, miss that. Not that brilliantly an Indian food fan but I do miss my Chicken tikka masala, locally they do not bad Indian but they seem to think that opening a can of tomato soup is the same!
Though I can't blame them it is a UK dish after all.

Doner kebab, my OH misses that. A UK food inspector put me off for life re them!!

And battered sausage my all time fav chippy meal soaked in vinegar with pickled onions as you said (why am I suddenly hungry? )

My mum was in fits of laughter when she discovered I kept a bottle of vinegar in my handbag for when I go into restaurants, also a bottle of vinegar in my OH cup-holder in his car (his work colleagues had raised eyebrows )
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

Went to college in Egham...no where near Florida though, but check the frapr map to see who is
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

In your profile, options setting
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE! I've been in Florida since '89 -- just north of Tampa.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Sophia, welcome to Russ Abbots mad house. Come in here for a laugh & go out in stitches.

I'm from Middx, UK - NYC- Ft Lauderdale.

Reg. Frank R.
Ps. No beach today, its raining cats and dogs. its why I have spent hours on line today. Florida, if it rains theres nowt to do. Mall or movies.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

NO, you won't know when we are being sarcastic to you. How will you survive without our snotty remarks & answers. Don't do it.
Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.