Having a bad time

Old Feb 14th 2007, 2:46 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having a bad time

Thanks for the hugs you lot. I'm feeling a bit perkier today. Been out and bought a new iron...stuck it on the already overloaded credit card.

Didn't read our kind offers of an iron nb and Kath, only just come in. Thanks girls, that was really kind of you.

See you guys Friday. Mrs Best, can't you fly over eh? Not much to ask and I've got a spare room!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Thanks for the hugs you lot. I'm feeling a bit perkier today. Been out and bought a new iron...stuck it on the already overloaded credit card.

Didn't read our kind offers of an iron nb and Kath, only just come in. Thanks girls, that was really kind of you.

See you guys Friday. Mrs Best, can't you fly over eh? Not much to ask and I've got a spare room!
Glad you feel better, it's good to have a bloody good old moan, makes things easier. I feel like sh*t today, but thats because i went to the gym and i am hurting today. Gym not my thing but i got roped into it.
Now i am eating my Choccies hubby got me for Valentines day, so going to the gym was a waste of time
God i need a drink!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Glad you feel better, it's good to have a bloody good old moan, makes things easier. I feel like sh*t today, but thats because i went to the gym and i am hurting today. Gym not my thing but i got roped into it.
Now i am eating my Choccies hubby got me for Valentines day, so going to the gym was a waste of time
God i need a drink!!

I am still hobbling but have decided not to do my cleaning job friday as Im having trouble doing my own with my poor fractured toe so will be there at 12am too, might catch a lift with Rach if she dont mind

Got in from work at 3am this morning feel like s...t
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Having a really shi**y day today and need to moan. So switch off now if you don't feel like being moaned at. Things have just reached a peak I s'pose. I will enlighten you;

1) Last week the car was broken into on the drive. They didn't take anything, just smashed the lock in. And we supposedly live in a nice area in a safe cul-de-sac

2) Hubby got a new job..yippee...what they didn't tell him was we would be absolutely broke for a month whilst they bugger about with his pay.

3) The iron blew up. Now my ironing pile is about 5ft high. Then again, I s'pose that's a good thing. Can't afford a new iron yet.

4) Things got a bit heated over the weeked with OH and I finally told him we are deffinately going back to the UK. All very tearful and draining but he's agreed it's the best thing for me and he will support me on that.

5) Yesterday I had to have one of our cats put to sleep as he was diagnosed with feline lukemia. Crikey, putting an ill cat to sleep is bad enough, but ordering one to be destroyed that is looking very healthy is heartbreaking. I haven't told the kids the truth. I've told them I found him a new home where he wouldn't be beaten up by my other cat.

6) Then last night, on the way home from school the steering on the car decided to start making really awful grinding noises. It's going to the mechanic tonight. God knows how much that's going to cost.

7) Finally, last but not least, I am so homesick at the moment it's ridiculous. Every minute of every day is spent thinking about home. I can't seem to function without something about home popping into my head.

Mods, please don't put this into the barbi. I couldn't hack any grief from some people in there.

I'm just so sad at the moment.

Ok moan over. You can wake up now.
It's not moaning! I'd feel so sad and naffed off too. Just wanted to send big hugs to you and say sorry about your poor cat. If your hubbie has agreed to go back does that make you feel a bit better or worse? If you can just look at what time you've got left, at least you have an ending here in sight? can you get a calendar and count the days? (I would!). If you're anywhere near the gap in brisbane pm me and I can meet you for a coffee or something?x
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulrachel
God i need a drink!!
Firstly, I do hope you're not using the gym as a weight losing exercise woman!! It's not as if you have any fat to burn off!!

Secondly, you gorge those chocs sweetie. That will assist the first issue by putting on a bit of fat in order to burn it off!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham

I am still hobbling but have decided not to do my cleaning job friday as Im having trouble doing my own with my poor fractured toe so will be there at 12am too, might catch a lift with Rach if she dont mind

Got in from work at 3am this morning feel like s...t
You poor thing Kath. It's really painful when you break a toe and they can't do anything about it can they, like plaster it! I dropped a tin of dog food on my little toe once, it broke it and now I have a wonky toe!

Great that you'll be there by 12.00 on Friday.

Last edited by TraceyW; Feb 14th 2007 at 5:50 am.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by liver bird
It's not moaning! I'd feel so sad and naffed off too. Just wanted to send big hugs to you and say sorry about your poor cat. If your hubbie has agreed to go back does that make you feel a bit better or worse? If you can just look at what time you've got left, at least you have an ending here in sight? can you get a calendar and count the days? (I would!). If you're anywhere near the gap in brisbane pm me and I can meet you for a coffee or something?x
Hey liver bird, you're in your early days over there aren't you? I know you've not settled from the start but I really do hope that things improve for you and it starts to feel like home.It would make life so much easier for you.

As for my hubby, he may have said the words "Ok, we'll go back once you're qualified" but I know, in his heart, he doesn't want to. He loves Australia and wants us to go over to Brisbane and try our luck over there. He believes it's just Perth that's not right for us. I think if I moved there I would still eventually end up going home, so why delay the inevitable eh?

How does your hubby feel about it all?

Oh, and thanks for the coffee invite...tad far though!!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:29 am
Banned

TonyLondon22 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=TraceyW;4397040]You lot are such lovely people. You really are a nice lot aren't you!
Actually reading various comments on here over the last few days U R right! The people on here are very helpful and supportive.!
Then I go and read The Sun online and it's all doom and gloom about peodophiles over there. Oh what am I doing?

I live in The UK...have done for 50 years..ignore The sensationalist Sun!..I stopped reading it 3 years ago!....The peodophile situation is minor(no pun intended ) and no worse than anywhere else I can assure you....I went to West Sussex for a 10 mile Walk the other day.met some lovely People in a quaint 300 year old Pub(The History)....saw a 5-year-old Blonde Girl cycling on her own on a 2 Mile stretch of The Old Bluebell Line without a care in the World!...if you live away from the Major Cities you can still have a good quality of life!...and we have hardly had a 2real" Winter this year....12 Degrees the other day!.....Remember when it USED to be Minus4/5 lol...You;ll be fine!..Good Luck!..Tony.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Thanks Tony. It's nice to hear positive stuff about the UK instead of crap all of the time.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tony. It's nice to hear positive stuff about the UK instead of crap all of the time.
It most certainly is, but then again, all I have to do is speak to my family if I want to hear positive, no nonsense realities of life back home.

How are you missus? I am so very sorry to hear about your troubles, especially your little pussycat.aaww..... xxx
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
It most certainly is, but then again, all I have to do is speak to my family if I want to hear positive, no nonsense realities of life back home.

How are you missus? I am so very sorry to hear about your troubles, especially your little pussycat.aaww..... xxx
There are paedos all over Australia if you believe the press here.

Actually, I believe it more here than I would over there.

Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Hey liver bird, you're in your early days over there aren't you? I know you've not settled from the start but I really do hope that things improve for you and it starts to feel like home.It would make life so much easier for you.

As for my hubby, he may have said the words "Ok, we'll go back once you're qualified" but I know, in his heart, he doesn't want to. He loves Australia and wants us to go over to Brisbane and try our luck over there. He believes it's just Perth that's not right for us. I think if I moved there I would still eventually end up going home, so why delay the inevitable eh?

How does your hubby feel about it all?

Oh, and thanks for the coffee invite...tad far though!!!
didn't realise you were in perth! hope you feeling better? I'm still not settled,dont think I ever will be and I think UK the right place for us. And if you're trynig in Brisbane beware the horror humidity! that is the killer for us as it makes life near impossible, especially having two toddlers and pregnant. We're trapped inside a lot of the time as it's just too hot and I an'f face dragging them round another air conditioned shopping mall, buying things we can't afford! We of course arrived in the hottest month but find brisbane too slow and feel like my life has gone back in the past about twenty years! (sorry to all those that love brisbane, just my opinion x)
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:25 am
Account Closed

didn't realise you were in perth! hope you feeling better? I'm still not settled,dont think I ever will be and I think UK the right place for us. And if you're trynig in Brisbane beware the horror humidity! that is the killer for us as it makes life near impossible, especially having two toddlers and pregnant. We're trapped inside a lot of the time as it's just too hot and I an'f face dragging them round another air conditioned shopping mall, buying things we can't afford! We of course arrived in the hottest month but find brisbane too slow and feel like my life has gone back in the past about twenty years! (sorry to all those that love brisbane, just my opinion x)
Flippin' heck liver, two toddlers and you're preggers. No wonder you feel exhausted by the humidity. You poor thing you.

I remember being heavily preggers with our girl during an English summer. I used to lie on the sofa naked, with the big fan pointing at me! What a sight I must've been. A bit like a beached whale I bet!

Isn't it funny that one of the reasons most of us came here was because of the sunshine. Yet we find ourselves not doing very much in it because it's too damned hot. Just like rainy days in the UK eh?

Have you decided whether you will be staying or going home yet? How does your hubby feel about it all?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:25 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

brisbane too slow and feel like my life has gone back in the past about twenty years! (sorry to all those that love brisbane, just my opinion x)

yes agree here! lol, too slooooooooow, hehe

where abouts in brisbane are you?

two toddlers and pregnant! i had the two toddlers and pre teen! without pregnancy and that is bad enough, couldnt imagine a pregnancy as well, holey maloney big hugs to you chuck
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:11 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Having a bad time

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT
There are paedos all over Australia if you believe the press here.

Actually, I believe it more here than I would over there.

I used to live in South East Asia and we used to take a lot of holidays in the region.

We were once in a village on one of the islands in the Philippines (Oriental Mindoro) and we noticed how many single white guys were on holiday too - loads of them. Then it dawned on us that they were hanging out with very young local children....they were almost certainly paedophiles. Certainly there were European men there but we definitely heard Aussie accents too. The horrible thing though is that it seemed to be quite normal - the local adult Filipino population were obviously quite poor and didn't seem to be concerned that these white guys were hovering around these children.

We saw similar goings on in Thailand too...and it's well known that paedophiles operate in Vietnam and Cambodia (eg. Gary Glitter). Sickening. These scum operate all over the world though - there is a TV series on the CBS TV channel here in the US which traps would-be paeds who get on teenage chat-lines and arrange to meet up with (whom they think) young teenagers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.