British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Havin' a 'Bo... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/havin-bo-716354/)

welshgirl1 May 10th 2011 2:07 am

Havin' a 'Bo...

I was excited tonight when hubby, for the first time ever, caller a Strongbow a 'Bo.

Despite being surrounded by numerous wonderful wineries and some great beer producers, I still love me a 'Bo!

cindyabs May 10th 2011 9:52 am

Re: Havin' a 'Bo...

Originally Posted by welshgirl1 (Post 9353929)
I was excited tonight when hubby, for the first time ever, caller a Strongbow a 'Bo.

Despite being surrounded by numerous wonderful wineries and some great beer producers, I still love me a 'Bo!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

rallybug May 10th 2011 10:37 am

Must be a local thing to you - they'm all just be zoiders to me :lol:

I've managed to get my USC fiancee to start spelling words with "u's" correctly, even when she's doing stuff at work in Utah :thumbsup:

GeoffM May 10th 2011 5:27 pm

Reminds me of the time the wife proudly brought home some "cider" in Indiana. Wasn't alcoholic. :thumbdown:

Does Strongbow ever involve apples in its production? :unsure:

Duncan Roberts May 10th 2011 7:06 pm

Never heard of it called that before.

Sally Redux May 10th 2011 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by GeoffM (Post 9355416)
Reminds me of the time the wife proudly brought home some "cider" in Indiana. Wasn't alcoholic. :thumbdown:

That is a cruel joke they play here.

Originally Posted by GeoffM (Post 9355416)
Does Strongbow ever involve apples in its production? :unsure:

I don't think that's ever happened.

nethead May 10th 2011 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts (Post 9355634)
Never heard of it called that before.

Me neither, and I'm a west country girl. It's more a case of "zider I up landlord"

tonrob May 11th 2011 1:18 am

Originally Posted by welshgirl1 (Post 9353929)

Tidy.

Anian May 11th 2011 6:56 pm

I still haven't worked out the distinction between American cider and apple juice. It seems that you only have hard cider, not hard apple juice.

Duncan Roberts May 11th 2011 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Anian (Post 9358281)
I still haven't worked out the distinction between American cider and apple juice. It seems that you only have hard cider, not hard apple juice.

Cider is what some marketing genius came up with so they could charge a premium for apple juice.

Bob May 11th 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts (Post 9358334)
Cider is what some marketing genius came up with so they could charge a premium for apple juice.

It's lumpy, from fresh, pressed apples and unfiltered...

Trader Joes have a couple of okay, cheap hard cider, bit like Woodpeckers though...but cider just reminds me of snakebites and pissed up school kids :D

Manc May 11th 2011 9:46 pm

can't stand the smell of the stuff.

mikehope May 11th 2011 11:26 pm

Im from Taunton the Home of cider, I miss that stuff, but im heading over for a trip next month so I may have to sample some.

mikechristina May 12th 2011 2:23 pm

My love of cider was born on a Ferry to Ireland from Wales...Magners it was! Now I love Strongbow and so happy to get it here in the USA!

Xebedee May 12th 2011 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by rallybug (Post 9354540)
Must be a local thing to you - they'm all just be zoiders to me

Originally Posted by mikehope (Post 9358743)
Im from Taunton the Home of cider, I miss that stuff, but im heading over for a trip next month so I may have to sample some.

Ah.