Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Have I done *too much* research?

Have I done *too much* research?

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Chipbarm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have I done *too much* research?

Nope, you can't sway me, I'm going to Manchester too. I intend to view each place I visit through a tourist's eyes and will try not to form opinions upfront, despite you terrible people trying to persuade me Manchester or elsewhere is a dump before I even get there!

But I will form very strong opinions on the quality of chip barms in each place I go. If the chips are bad, the place is bad. I think that's fair.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricket1
What a fantastic idea! Seeing the UK through a tourists eyes. I'm researching in the same way on the internet because I'm bringing my English husband home except it was 30 years ago when he last visited so I'm gathering a library of places and things to do when we land.
I'd be interested to hear where you're planning on going and what you're doing when you come home.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chipbarm
Nope, you can't sway me, I'm going to Manchester too. I intend to view each place I visit through a tourist's eyes and will try not to form opinions upfront, despite you terrible people trying to persuade me Manchester or elsewhere is a dump before I even get there!

But I will form very strong opinions on the quality of chip barms in each place I go. If the chips are bad, the place is bad. I think that's fair.
Absolutely, although it may be a chip butty or chip muffin here !
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like Manchester. It the one city we always went to annually as kids/teens did our Christmas shopping, went to a show (usually something like Tommy Steel all the singing and Dancing LOL) We still have relatives living there and I enjoyed running around with my sister when she lived there for many years. (she's opted for the Spanish sunshine now)
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:57 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when you grow up in Morecambe, Manchester was one of the places for big city lights. The other was Leeds.

Sort of makes you think.

But I spent a year in Manchester and quite liked it. I know that was long ago, so I'm not commenting on what it's like now.

I think the tour's great. Keep posting as you're doing it. Or do you have a blog?

Bev
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:51 am
Just Joined

No blog, but that's a good idea. As soon as we're organised then I'll post reports (or start a blog).