Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Have been back in London for 2 weeks!!

Wikiposts

Have been back in London for 2 weeks!!

Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:55 pm
Bye Bye FL, Hello London!

Kat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud ofKat1703 has much to be proud of
Default Have been back in London for 2 weeks!!

Well it's been two weeks since I've got back, and I can honestly say that this is the happiest I've been in over three years. I absolutely love my new job, love being around my mates again, and me and the soldier I told you all about before are now officially together - we're going to Cornwall this weekend. It's like I never left home, but better as now I appreciate everything around me so much more, and it's so nice to wake up in the morning full of plans and optimism.

For everyone who is moving back and experiencing the dreaded butterflies - don't worry, things are always worse when you're ramping up to the big event. A lot of the time nothing is scarier than the unknown. Once you're actually doing it, it's not actually that scary at all. Best of luck to you all!!

Old Oct 10th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future
Default Re: Have been back in London for 2 weeks!!

Best of luck in the future.

Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kat1703
Well it's been two weeks since I've got back, and I can honestly say that this is the happiest I've been in over three years. I absolutely love my new job, love being around my mates again, and me and the soldier I told you all about before are now officially together - we're going to Cornwall this weekend. It's like I never left home, but better as now I appreciate everything around me so much more, and it's so nice to wake up in the morning full of plans and optimism.

For everyone who is moving back and experiencing the dreaded butterflies - don't worry, things are always worse when you're ramping up to the big event. A lot of the time nothing is scarier than the unknown. Once you're actually doing it, it's not actually that scary at all. Best of luck to you all!!

It's so good to hear your good news. Couldn't agree more. I'm still walking around with a stupid grin on my face, even walking back from Sainsbury's with bags of shopping and waiting for the bus in the rain. It's so good to be home. Congrats on the new relationship, and have a brilliant time in Cornwall.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:46 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

How lovely to read of your obvious happiness. I'm eight months home and still can't understand why on earth I chose to leave this lovely place. Like you say - you appreciate everything so much more.

Good luck and keep enjoying
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

You sound so happy & thats good as i so know how you feel!

The hard part is making the decision to go but once home & everything starts to fall in to place you know you made the right decision

Good luck xx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Have been back in London for 2 weeks!!

That's wonderful Kat. You sound so happy. In the middle of planning my move back to the UK within the year, and can't wait. Also, hi Tara, you have been a gem with your advice. Very helpful, thanks. My cats and I appreciate the valued advice you have given
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:55 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one, good for you
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
That's wonderful Kat. You sound so happy. In the middle of planning my move back to the UK within the year, and can't wait. Also, hi Tara, you have been a gem with your advice. Very helpful, thanks. My cats and I appreciate the valued advice you have given

Happy to help. The people on this board were so helpful for me, so I'm happy to pass anything along. Just make sure you keep me posted as to how it all goes for you and your kitties!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely will.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh brilliant. So glad you home n happy.
U2 Tara - brillisnt isnt it to be so content tootling back for the shops
Old Oct 13th 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Ahh brilliant. So glad you home n happy.
U2 Tara - brillisnt isnt it to be so content tootling back for the shops
It's great EVEN THOUGH I'm still having to go to Costa to log in 'cos still no phone service. Strange how it really isn't bothering me that much!
Old Oct 13th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaraC
It's great EVEN THOUGH I'm still having to go to Costa to log in 'cos still no phone service. Strange how it really isn't bothering me that much!
Indeedy.
least you get a coffee whilst mailing
I'm using my mates computer and its dial up which is odd!
Keep going places just cos I can - went to Padstow today - very quaint - its brill being a tourist in your home country