Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Has Shrewsbury moved while I've been away?

Wikiposts

Has Shrewsbury moved while I've been away?

Old May 23rd 2009, 2:12 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has Shrewsbury moved while I've been away?

It seems that it isn't just the Americans who are geographically challenged.

Just watching Gillingham v Shrewbury in the League Two play-off final on Setanta.
According to the commentator, Gillingham is an hour by train from Central London, and Shrewsbury is in the West Country.
Old May 23rd 2009, 7:43 am
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has Shrewsbury moved while I've been away?

Originally Posted by g1ant

Just watching Gillingham v Shrewbury in the League Two play-off final on Setanta.
According to the commentator, Gillingham is an hour by train from Central London, and Shrewsbury is in the West Country.
Gillingham,kent is an hour by train to London
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:06 pm
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrissywissy100
Gillingham,kent is an hour by train to London
haha! it once took me 3hrs to get to Gilliingham from Canterbury!!!!! yes there was a sprinkling of snow but not so much that me in a clio driving 9 miles to Canterbury had any problems on the narrow country roads?? I was heading to London at Gillingham gave up on the advice of a train driver! 21/2 hours to get back and I got a member of staff at gillingham to write a note I had not got to my destination! and got my money back! unfortunatly I can't claim that day of my life back!
Old May 24th 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

sangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nice

Just a little bit out!

Black Country would be closer, but I think Shrewsbury is a bit far west to be included.

I'm going to settle for "nearly in Wales".
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:50 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Setanta will be t1ts up any day now....
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:18 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Bad for football...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:23 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Why, what's going on with Setanta?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:30 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ridski
Why, what's going on with Setanta?
Bas service, no subscribers, no money, can't pay for the football coverage they bought and other bills... in short!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:45 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
Bas service, no subscribers, no money, can't pay for the football coverage they bought and other bills... in short!
So they're continuing as a station, just not getting any more Premiership matches, yes? Because I do like their coverage of rugby and gaelic football.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
So they're continuing as a station, just not getting any more Premiership matches, yes? Because I do like their coverage of rugby and gaelic football.
Here's the bbc news story - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8089275.stm
Apparently, 'there are reports that the firm is on the brink of administration'.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:02 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Another beeb story - BskyB don't wanna help
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I know where Shrewsbury is AND I know how you lot pronounce it!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I know where Shrewsbury is AND I know how you lot pronounce it!
Me too. You get the train from Lyesesster Square.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:19 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Me too. You get the train from Lyesesster Square.

wrong chain for wrong Yank,