British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Has Anyone Heard From Dotty (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/has-anyone-heard-dotty-271758/)

Irish Guinness Dec 13th 2004 5:01 am

Has Anyone Heard From Dotty

:D Hi all, As I have been overseas, and have not been on the site for a while,
I was wondering has anyone heard from Dotty? The last we heard was she had just bought her Mother and Father's house somewhere in London !!!!!!
Who knows, perhaps she is back living in OZ again, somehow I dont think so, but you never know .Perhaps Mike S has heard from her.
I am going to take this opportunity to say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
and especially to all of you who will be spending your FIRST CHRISTMAS in OZ. CHEERS :beer:

wombat42 Dec 13th 2004 5:46 am

Re: Has Anyone Heard From Dotty

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
:D Hi all, As I have been overseas, and have not been on the site for a while,
I was wondering has anyone heard from Dotty? The last we heard was she had just bought her Mother and Father's house somewhere in London !!!!!!
Who knows, perhaps she is back living in OZ again, somehow I dont think so, but you never know .Perhaps Mike S has heard from her.
I am going to take this opportunity to say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
and especially to all of you who will be spending your FIRST CHRISTMAS in OZ. CHEERS :beer:

l'm sure Mike Stanton knows where she is.It seemed a bit of a coincidence that both Dotty and Mike Stanton left OZ and returned to the UK at about the same time, Perhaps they both got married downunder. :D They are both whinging Poms with the same favourite passtime of slagging off at OZ, so it would make sense.

Pollyana Dec 13th 2004 5:47 am

I think Dotty was last seen setting off to tour the USA.....maybe she has infiltrated their forums..... :eek:

HiddenPaw Dec 13th 2004 8:41 am

Originally Posted by wombat42
l'm sure Mike Stanton knows where she is.It seemed a bit of a coincidence that both Dotty and Mike Stanton left OZ and returned to the UK at about the same time, Perhaps they both got married downunder. :D They are both whinging Poms with the same favourite passtime of slagging off at OZ, so it would make sense.

They say opposites attract - how about the theory she met with a Whinging Aussie whose favourite pastime is slagging off the UK.

My gosh, that's YOU....she's eloped with YOU! Give her my love, won't you :D

dotty Dec 16th 2004 8:58 am

Originally Posted by wombat42
l'm sure Mike Stanton knows where she is.It seemed a bit of a coincidence that both Dotty and Mike Stanton left OZ and returned to the UK at about the same time, Perhaps they both got married downunder. They are both whinging Poms with the same favourite passtime of slagging off at OZ, so it would make sense.

I cant believe you lot are still talking about me. how could I really have married mike stanton I was Wilf remember or was it PB or was it Kong very busy girl, the only one I remember was the bloody pool cleaner :D Your forums all weird and boring now but if anyone remembers me HELLO I checked in with the update I promised and send christmas wishes to you all.

I AM BACK IN AUSTRALIA yee bloody haa I must have failed again :D

And in three days we will be leaving again, visit was to finalise sale of the two houses we left in australia, after 7 months back in UK and america no bloody way in the world would we want to go back to the hell hole hillbilly hot house to live, why would you when there are so many better options.

My list of failures in the UK include announcing in May I didnt like the look of the UK property market, so we never bought the country house I wanted, but we did buy my parents house, by march it will be converted into the 4 flats, planning permission etc has been easy, most houses are converted in the street and 4 families have lived in the house prior to my parents buying it in 1950 something. It will provide enough rent never to work again, well unless swilling out bogs when people check out counts :D

So while failing we have travelled all over the USA and canada for most of summer, I may now be 41 but I had the time of my life and we are already planning to go again next year for 3 months again.

Only bad thing has been getting mugged raped robbed acousted by illegal immigrants daily, woops sorry where was I,

Seriously my brother has been rather hostile to our return, families eh? hes not well impressed that in his words we have swanned back to the UK and fell on our feet, he claims if I fell in a bucket of shit I would come out smelling like roses, replying "Just call me Rose then" was probably the last straw but honestly I had had enough of the digs and jabs about it. So our big family christmas looked a bit risky, instead of the big over the top do I planned we are spending Chrissy with our good friends in Canada again, peace harmony and love guaranteed, not mince pies at 10 paces with the brother and everyone taking sides.

I dont miss australia not at all, its been lovely to see friends, especially my close mate who had cancer and is now well and madly in love with some really nice fella, went to see where my dog was buried, its been like saying the final goodbyes. I simply have no need for the place anymore, it wasnt me but we made the absolute most of every minute theres no regrets.

England and all it offers is me, when I get sick of it I can whip out a few quid and hop on a plane, its all there its full of opportunity and being in australia has made me appreciate the place all the more. I have to say it I LOVE MY NEW LIFE I feel alive, I am LIVING not existing and if theres a bit of litter here and there so bloody what.

Happy Christmas one and all XXX

Pollyana Dec 16th 2004 9:27 am

Glad to hear things are going well Dotty!! :D

heading downunder 2002 Dec 16th 2004 8:18 pm

Good to hear from you Dotty and so pleased it is working out for you.

Have a great Christmas and all the best for 2005.

Please pop in now and then a let us know how you are doing.

Susan :D

Don Dec 16th 2004 9:23 pm

Hiya Dotty, glad to hear all is going tickety-boo.

Cheers - Don

scrawni Dec 16th 2004 11:07 pm

Hi Dotty,

So glad that you are enjoying being back home. I'm sure your brother is just jelouse of all the attention you are getting, his nose has been pushed out of joint a bit that's all, he will come round.

Keep in touch with the forum, its great to hear from people whether they are in oz or the uk.

Mandy :D

Simone Dec 17th 2004 4:02 am

As if we'd forget you that quickly!!!! :D

Glad all's going well, and you had a great trip!!

Good luck with the house and everything.

:)

Simone

Pants Dec 17th 2004 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by dotty
I cant believe you lot are still talking about me. how could I really have married mike stanton I was Wilf remember or was it PB or was it Kong very busy girl, the only one I remember was the bloody pool cleaner :D Your forums all weird and boring now but if anyone remembers me HELLO I checked in with the update I promised and send christmas wishes to you all.

I AM BACK IN AUSTRALIA yee bloody haa I must have failed again :D

And in three days we will be leaving again, visit was to finalise sale of the two houses we left in australia, after 7 months back in UK and america no bloody way in the world would we want to go back to the hell hole hillbilly hot house to live, why would you when there are so many better options.

My list of failures in the UK include announcing in May I didnt like the look of the UK property market, so we never bought the country house I wanted, but we did buy my parents house, by march it will be converted into the 4 flats, planning permission etc has been easy, most houses are converted in the street and 4 families have lived in the house prior to my parents buying it in 1950 something. It will provide enough rent never to work again, well unless swilling out bogs when people check out counts :D

So while failing we have travelled all over the USA and canada for most of summer, I may now be 41 but I had the time of my life and we are already planning to go again next year for 3 months again.

Only bad thing has been getting mugged raped robbed acousted by illegal immigrants daily, woops sorry where was I,

Seriously my brother has been rather hostile to our return, families eh? hes not well impressed that in his words we have swanned back to the UK and fell on our feet, he claims if I fell in a bucket of shit I would come out smelling like roses, replying "Just call me Rose then" was probably the last straw but honestly I had had enough of the digs and jabs about it. So our big family christmas looked a bit risky, instead of the big over the top do I planned we are spending Chrissy with our good friends in Canada again, peace harmony and love guaranteed, not mince pies at 10 paces with the brother and everyone taking sides.

I dont miss australia not at all, its been lovely to see friends, especially my close mate who had cancer and is now well and madly in love with some really nice fella, went to see where my dog was buried, its been like saying the final goodbyes. I simply have no need for the place anymore, it wasnt me but we made the absolute most of every minute theres no regrets.

England and all it offers is me, when I get sick of it I can whip out a few quid and hop on a plane, its all there its full of opportunity and being in australia has made me appreciate the place all the more. I have to say it I LOVE MY NEW LIFE I feel alive, I am LIVING not existing and if theres a bit of litter here and there so bloody what.

Happy Christmas one and all XXX

Dear dear Dotty how excellent to hear from you. Sounds like life has been good for you, I am pleased.How is hubby settling into pommie life? Mine loves it, he has nearly curried himself sick but thats only short-term. Yes families huh..glad you will be having a good one in Canada.I still haven't seen one of my sisters due to family feuds but at least I am in the same country now so maybe in 2005 things will improve on that front.

Awwww I bet that was very sad going to say goodbye to your dog...x

Well I am happy things are working out for you and I hope it continues

Take care and have an excellent Christmas and New Year

P x

janeyray Dec 18th 2004 5:13 pm

Happy Christmas one and all XXX[/QUOTE]

DITTO...DITTO...DITTO.... Have a wonderful Christmas in Canada, I loved it there...thanks for the tip regarding the clothes shop ...forgot what it's called now.. the large one in Vancouver selling cheap designer clothes.

have a good and happy life Dotty :)

happy christmas.x

Badge Dec 20th 2004 3:54 am

Happy Christmas Dotty!!!! Good to hear from you.

I also feel I am living, not existing!!! :D ;)

BM

Mercedes Dec 20th 2004 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Badge
Happy Christmas Dotty!!!! Good to hear from you.

I also feel I am living, not existing!!! :D ;)

BM

Well you're living in a bit more of happening place than Brisbane or Perth, so not surprised ;)

ANA123 Dec 29th 2004 9:42 am

Good to hear things are going well for you Dotty, you too Paula, I dont really come on here anymore as I find it a bit dull, but just popped in to see how people were doing.
I'm a little envious of you all, but I'm only 10 months into my promised 2 years and surely it will take longer than that to die of boredom????
Good luck to you all,
Michaela