British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   HAPPY NEW YEAR! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/happy-new-year-646656/)

Fleaflyfloflum Dec 30th 2009 3:44 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As i am a complete idiot and intend to be opposite the London Eye tomorrow night for the fireworks, i wont be online, so just wanted to wish everyone here, friend or foe, a happy new year and i hope whatever it is you want comes to fruition. :thumbup:

Best wishes Nicki

kwazywabbit Dec 30th 2009 4:03 pm

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And a Happy New Year to all from me! :thumbsup:

pommybird Dec 30th 2009 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 8206418)
As i am a complete idiot and intend to be opposite the London Eye tomorrow night for the fireworks, i wont be online, so just wanted to wish everyone here, friend or foe, a happy new year and i hope whatever it is you want comes to fruition. :thumbup:

Best wishes Nicki

Right back at ya Flea!! Hope you enjoyed Christmas with all your sprogs and sproglets :wub:xxxxx

Sally Redux Dec 30th 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 8206509)
Right back at ya Flea!! Hope you enjoyed Christmas with all your sprogs and sproglets :wub:xxxxx

Yes Happy New Year, how did the big feast work out?

Fleaflyfloflum Dec 30th 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks girlies

The feast was a huge success! I have eaten so much food i seriously need to diet in the new year. We had the duck christmas day, which was gorgeous thanks to Waitrose and their stunningly yummy apricot and orange stuffing!
A fight did break out mid afternoon. I have 2 x 2yr old grandaughters. One of them asked to climb on nannies lap, which incensed the other one, who decided to try pulling her off by the ankles!! pmsl :rofl: after a bit of bitch slapping and intervention from grandpa, order was resumed with a tin of quality street :thumbup:

Boxing day, we had my son in laws parents over. She is disabled in a wheelchair and it was great to see her. We had a big beef roast!! :unsure:

Then.... the next day, my sister decides to call and invite a load of us out to a restaurant for dinner. OMG!! i feel fatter than a stuffed turkey now :lol:

Sally Redux Dec 30th 2009 5:02 pm

:lol: How nice to be back with family - plenty of time to diet later.

Elvira Dec 30th 2009 5:52 pm

Best wishes Nicki

Lucky you!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Yours, enviously...

Juliecabs Dec 30th 2009 10:49 pm

Happy New Year from me too :)

Julie. x

Tr1boy Dec 31st 2009 7:56 am

Happy New Year to all.:thumbup:

Nu-Shooz Dec 31st 2009 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 8206542)
Thanks girlies

The feast was a huge success! I have eaten so much food i seriously need to diet in the new year. We had the duck christmas day, which was gorgeous thanks to Waitrose and their stunningly yummy apricot and orange stuffing!
A fight did break out mid afternoon. I have 2 x 2yr old grandaughters. One of them asked to climb on nannies lap, which incensed the other one, who decided to try pulling her off by the ankles!! pmsl :rofl: after a bit of bitch slapping and intervention from grandpa, order was resumed with a tin of quality street :thumbup:

Boxing day, we had my son in laws parents over. She is disabled in a wheelchair and it was great to see her. We had a big beef roast!! :unsure:

Then.... the next day, my sister decides to call and invite a load of us out to a restaurant for dinner. OMG!! i feel fatter than a stuffed turkey now :lol:

Sounds like you had a proper stuffing this Christmas:D

Happy New Year to all:thumbsup:

kevin747 Dec 31st 2009 9:30 am

happy new year everyone ,when it comes

Irish Guinness Dec 31st 2009 9:37 am

Happy New Year to you all

I am now on my way out to have few drinks.

Keep them posts coming next year girls and boys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TraceyW Dec 31st 2009 10:29 am

Happy New Y:thumbsup:ear to all xxxx

merleoberon Dec 31st 2009 11:37 am

Best wishes Nicki

lucky old you - London for the new year and the welcoming of the new decade. we are still stuck in perth and doing the count down - 3 and a half hours to the big nothingness that is new year here! my last in australia thank christ. but outta here in less than 20 days :D:D:D

best wishes for the next 10 years to everyone!!

Bevm Dec 31st 2009 2:30 pm

There's supposed to be a lunar eclipse tonight, but I haven't seen much in the news. About 7pm I think. It'll probably be too overcast here. I remember seeing one on a clear night and it was great.

Interesting way to usher in a new year and a new decade.

Happy celebrations, and a wonderful 2010, everyone,

Bev.

ann m Dec 31st 2009 3:17 pm

Happy New Year FFFF and I hope you enjoy the London Eye :thumbup:

Best wishes to everyone for a peaceful and not-too-ping-pongy New Year! ;)

Sue Dec 31st 2009 6:17 pm

Happy New Year everyone!

Patzy Dec 31st 2009 6:31 pm

Happy New Year to all and may all your wishes come true. I just know 2010 is gonna be a great year! :D

Sally Redux Dec 31st 2009 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Patzy (Post 8209467)
Happy New Year to all and may all your wishes come true. I just know 2010 is gonna be a great year! :D

As Butch Cassidy said to the Sundance Kid.

Victor Meldrew Dec 31st 2009 7:11 pm

It's 5 past midnight (where I am anyway) and its New Year, so please everyone have a fun filled, happy, prosperous, content, meaningful, rewarding, and content...... New Year!
:thumbsup:

Mummy in the foothills Jan 1st 2010 12:01 am

Hope you had fun at the eye Flea.
We watched it live on filmon, it looked spectacular.

Happy New Year

mikelincs Jan 1st 2010 7:24 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR
from a snow covered Lincolnshire.

Fleaflyfloflum Jan 3rd 2010 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 8209924)
Hope you had fun at the eye Flea.
We watched it live on filmon, it looked spectacular.

Happy New Year

Best NYE i have ever had!! But boy have i paid for it since :unsure:

We were right opposite the eye. Fireworks were just spectacular. I have done the Syndey ones 4 times and loved them, but sorry, London wins hands down! :thumbup:
Its not just the fireworks but the whole atmosphere. BBC1 did a live broadcast with massive speakers blaring out dance music right along the embankment. Looking down the street seeing a sea of people jumping up and down to the music was fabulous.

Noe all i have to do is unlock my leg muscles which have been like bricks ever since ... i have been a sick woman so dancing and walking in one night has taken its toll. But oh so worth it!!

Tr1boy Jan 4th 2010 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 8214401)

We were right opposite the eye. Fireworks were just spectacular. I have done the Syndey ones 4 times and loved them, but sorry, London wins hands down! :thumbup:
Its not just the fireworks but the whole atmosphere. BBC1 did a live broadcast with massive speakers blaring out dance music right along the embankment. Looking down the street seeing a sea of people jumping up and down to the music was fabulous.

Noe all i have to do is unlock my leg muscles which have been like bricks ever since ... i have been a sick woman so dancing and walking in one night has taken its toll. But oh so worth it!!

Nice on Flea. I just watched the London fireworks on UT and they looked great. It will be our turn to see them in person next year.:thumbup:

Merseygirl Jan 4th 2010 9:48 am

A Happy New year to you all.
I hope 2010 brings all you could wish for :thumbsup:

lilybilly101 Jan 4th 2010 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 8214401)

Lucky bugger. I missed my dear friend's wedding on there last year. It looked amazing.....2010....I'm bloody going home. There's such an amazing energy there at times. Here it feels so predictable and boring. We were at a total loss at what to do on New Year. We finally spent it with good friends from when we first arrived so it was fitting to see them again. He is also my hubby's boss and we broke the news that were going. I now can breathe again knowing my lovely husband is 100% on board. Hooray.

Anyway, just wanted to say Happy New Year. I'm delighted for you.

Marmalade Jan 8th 2010 3:09 pm

Happy New Year everyone wherevever you are!

I am hoping this is the year I finally kick myself in the bum and make the move home.

You lucky folk that are already there. Enjoy the beautiful snow:D