happy festive season???

Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:40 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default happy festive season???

Hey what is all this rubbish am reading about not being able to wish folk Happy Christmas,
I am being laughed at here in India and folk of all religions here are say that the British have gone mad. I jokingly say that is why I do not live there but inside feel very sad.
I live in a very multi religious building and we celebrate everyones festivals and we as christians wish all our nieghbours happy Christmas in the same way as they wish us Eid Mubarak and Dipi Davali.
Britain will never become an intergrated place if we do not value and respect diversity but this does not mean rejecting the christians in the UK. By denoucing and belittling our own history we make ourselves a laughing stock around the world.

Happy Christmas to you all.!!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: happy festive season???

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Hey what is all this rubbish am reading about not being able to wish folk Happy Christmas,
I am being laughed at here in India and folk of all religions here are say that the British have gone mad. I jokingly say that is why I do not live there but inside feel very sad.
I live in a very multi religious building and we celebrate everyones festivals and we as christians wish all our nieghbours happy Christmas in the same way as they wish us Eid Mubarak and Dipi Davali.
Britain will never become an intergrated place if we do not value and respect diversity but this does not mean rejecting the christians in the UK. By denoucing and belittling our own history we make ourselves a laughing stock around the world.

So very true. Happy christmas to you.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:52 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous post I wholeheartedly agree.

Merry Christmas to you to and as us yogis say Namaste which is Sanscrit and means I bow to your divine inner self (beautiful don't you think)
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:57 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meljor
Merry Christmas to you to and as us yogis say Namaste which is Sanscrit and means I bow to your divine inner self (beautiful don't you think)
Does this mean that you are smarter than the average bear?.

I'll get me coat.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I am being laughed at here in India and folk of all religions here are say that the British have gone mad.
It's not just the British who have gone mad, which is slightly reassuring. I read a news story earlier that many schools and shops in Italy have banned nativity displays. I mean, this is a deeply Roman Catholic society. The report also mentioned that the official nativity scene in the Italian parliament contains two dolls who represent a gay couple.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:54 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

I'll get me coat.
Very good!!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:03 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get me coat.
Nah sorry just a ditsy lass from yorkshire wot does a bit o'yoga but thanks for the giggle. Namaste to you too.

Btw I always read your user name the rude way and then me bum itches thinking of threadworms (sorry but it's the nurse in me )
Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:08 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Would love a holiday in India and to meet the Dali Lama (yes I know he's Tibetan but he lives in exile in India). Is India fabulous where are you and what do you do there?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

How I've laughed!!!! Happy Chanukah to all
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:52 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's just that, rubbish. Every year the Daily Mail types trot out the old 'Winterval' in Birmingham, and every year (except in 97/98) they're wrong, as usual.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 1:11 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

The shops where I live are making a point of saying Merry Christmas...mostly Sears...but many smaller shops too...
Old Dec 21st 2006, 2:12 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FPM
I think it's just that, rubbish. Every year the Daily Mail types trot out the old 'Winterval' in Birmingham, and every year (except in 97/98) they're wrong, as usual.
So is it really rubbish I am sure it is based on some wacky local authority
memo or something. Folks have gone all PC. Pure Cra..!

Any way we are all gearing up here and saying happy christmas and meaning
it. Looking forward to my turkey!!