Google Street View

Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:00 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Google Street View

Has anyone had a go at the new Google street view??

I decided to have a look at the street where i grew up. I had wondered if an old neighbour still lived there. Imagine my surprise when i got the screen up and there she was wlking out of her front door...lmao! That solved that question

This would come in very handy for those still overseas and searching for good areas to live as it gives you a full overall drive through the entire sreet so you can see if it looks a bit rough etc. You can even zoom right into peoples windows which i do find a bit disturbing for privacy reasons. Much better than the scabby small pics you get on the estate agents websites!

Give it a go. Its fun being nosey
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google Street View

I cant believe the hoo haa about street view in UK. We have had it here for almost a year and there hasnt been much squawking about it at all and Aussies are usually hypersensitive to privacy issues. Unfortunately it doesnt do my folks' place yet but I love to see my home town.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have just tried my address and all my families addresses, nothing is on yet.

I did get an old street address of mine from when I lived in London though. I quite like it, would be good for house hunting from afar.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

tieve is an unknown quantity at this point

I <3 Google Street View!

I first discovered it by accident last year when I was looking something up on Google Maps. It was great as I was able to show all my friends and family back home where I lived... but it backfired by just getting even more 'omg look where you live, why do you want to come back?!' reactions (I was staying with my in-laws at the time, who admittedly have an amazing house).

I've been waiting for the UK one to come online for a few months, as a friend saw the Google car in Glasgow and said that on the radio, they were encouraging people to chase it and be out there posing and being caught doing silly stuff.

Thanks for letting me know it's now here Flea... I had to go and look immediately! My folks' house in Scotland isn't up yet, but I was able to have a nosey at all my old Uni flats, and at all my UK friends' new places.

I think it's an amazing tool for house-hunting. We used it when we moved to Melbourne in January and it helped rule out some dumps before we went to viewings!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

I decided to have a look at the street where i grew up. I had wondered if an old neighbour still lived there. Imagine my surprise when i got the screen up and there she was wlking out of her front door...lmao! That solved that question

This would come in very handy for those still overseas and searching for good areas to live as it gives you a full overall drive through the entire sreet so you can see if it looks a bit rough etc. You can even zoom right into peoples windows which i do find a bit disturbing for privacy reasons. Much better than the scabby small pics you get on the estate agents websites!

Yes, I look at my lovely house in Chesterfield, sitting there awaiting my return....
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

I can see my house here in Oz very well on street view, they must have come round about just as the sun was rising, makes my house look quite nice.

Cannot seem to find anything on Street View in the UK yet though, is it the same website??
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stm1971
I can see my house here in Oz very well on street view, they must have come round about just as the sun was rising, makes my house look quite nice.

Cannot seem to find anything on Street View in the UK yet though, is it the same website??
Yeah it is the same website, it all comes under Google Maps. I think it's only the major built up areas on the UK version so far. In Scotland for example I can see all of Edinburgh and Glasgow, but not any of the smaller cities or towns. Hopefully they'll add more content soon.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:31 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tieve
Yeah it is the same website, it all comes under Google Maps. I think it's only the major built up areas on the UK version so far. In Scotland for example I can see all of Edinburgh and Glasgow, but not any of the smaller cities or towns. Hopefully they'll add more content soon.
Dundee, Arbroath, Aberdeen and the Peterhead/Fraserburgh area are also there to varying degrees

Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:47 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

It is going to take a very long time to get the whole of the UK covered. On the news last week they said it took 6mths just to do London alone!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:52 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

It is going to take a very long time to get the whole of the UK covered. On the news last week they said it took 6mths just to do London alone!
and then a couple of days to remove the images of people having a slash, puking, etc

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/23/street_view/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03...reet_view_pee/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03...et_view_vomit/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...d_street_view/
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:01 pm
I don't give a damn

OMG!!!!!!! I cant believe the last one!. Shes gonna be so embarrassed when she sees herself
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Street_View

Wiki gives a full list of the areas on view.

I've used it to check out an area in W Australia where I will be renting a holiday home. Brilliant for me, as I've never been to Oz before although I'm not sure how old the images are.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by montgomail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Street_View

Wiki gives a full list of the areas on view.

I've used it to check out an area in W Australia where I will be renting a holiday home. Brilliant for me, as I've never been to Oz before although I'm not sure how old the images are.
Thanks for the link, and elfman for the map Hopefully the area of Scotland I want to see so badly will be up within the year!

I can spend the afternoon nosing at other peoples' lives!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:12 am
A lion in your lap

Originally Posted by tieve
Thanks for the link, and elfman for the map Hopefully the area of Scotland I want to see so badly will be up within the year
which part is that?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:43 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

i looked at my old house my inlaws my folks made me feel homesick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.