Wikiposts

good grief - property

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good grief - property

Just been looking at property in our hometown (kilmarnock, ayrshire), if it gets any lower they'll be giving it away

wish i could go back tomorrow now and grab a bargain
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

manyoo will become famous soon enoughmanyoo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: good grief - property

lets hope it continues....I might be able to buy a house after all.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Just been looking at property in our hometown (kilmarnock, ayrshire), if it gets any lower they'll be giving it away

Awww shucks Mag, I thought you might be getting over the horrible homesickness a bit

Do you hope you'll go back? Is it a possibility for you? Sorry if I'm sticking my nose in
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by manyoo
lets hope it continues....I might be able to buy a house after all.
especially with the exchange rate being at an all time high in our favour!!

I was amazed at the prices in east Devon. I was expecting stupid prices but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you able to buy a house now in Scotland and rent it out?

I think the poster called 'Pearly' is doing this
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Awww shucks Mag, I thought you might be getting over the horrible homesickness a bit

Do you hope you'll go back? Is it a possibility for you? Sorry if I'm sticking my nose in

no your not sticking your nose in

aiming to go home june/july2009 , if worse comes to worse i.e teen wants to do yr12 it will be june/july 2010

just wish i could settle till then just dont see the point in being here at all, we dont have a better lifestlye at all, we're all worse off,

kids in house more than they ever were, yep they've joined heaps of activities , but never really needed that in scotland

i cant find a job i like, and use every excuse to avoid working, so no money, when i go to work i would say i do an average of what 2-3 nurses done in scotland, scotland never really has had a shortage of nurses When i go to work i get so 'down', could cry every minute am there, just want my scottish work mates, patients and their banter

hubby working more hrs than he ever did (i did tell him to do less and i would work more, he just looked at me as if he didnt believe me)

however , i have got to the stage, i want to go home, but do not regred the fact i've been here (lets hope thats a step forward,lol)

Last edited by Margaret3; Mar 2nd 2008 at 4:15 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by crystal23
Are you able to buy a house now in Scotland and rent it out?

I think the poster called 'Pearly' is doing this
been toying with that idea today, it would be lovely, am gonna try and get together with pearl and ask her all about it
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

manyoo will become famous soon enoughmanyoo will become famous soon enough

I believe its supposed to be nice in that part of the world.Too pricey for me though .Glad you are enjoying it.Dont know how to use symbols yet.Will put in a smiley face next time
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by manyoo
I believe its supposed to be nice in that part of the world.Too pricey for me though .Glad you are enjoying it.Dont know how to use symbols yet.Will put in a smiley face next time
what ayrshire or mellie, both are lovely, price of property in mellie is outrageous,
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

been toying with that idea today, it would be lovely, am gonna try and get together with pearl and ask her all about it
I know 2 other peeps here in Perth doing just that. We are thinking about it too - trouble is I only want to live in certain roads in my old village and houses rarely come up for sale there. I've got my eye on a bungalow that needs rennovation - it only needs to drop another 50K GBP and I'll take it
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Hope it continues too.....planning on moving to Scotland in December, and will be looking to rent (initially) until we're more settled and have bank accounts set up etc., then will be looking to buy.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

lornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to alllornakool is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AudsFrmSA
Hope it continues too.....planning on moving to Scotland in December, and will be looking to rent (initially) until we're more settled and have bank accounts set up etc., then will be looking to buy.
i could buy a property and you could rent it
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lornakool
i could buy a property and you could rent it
(oooooopps this is my daughters
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

(oooooopps this is my daughters
Seriously???

Eeeew, does that mean they keep tabs on you Marg? How uncool
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

no your not sticking your nose in

aiming to go home june/july2009 , if worse comes to worse i.e teen wants to do yr12 it will be june/july 2010

just wish i could settle till then just dont see the point in being here at all, we dont have a better lifestlye at all, we're all worse off,

kids in house more than they ever were, yep they've joined heaps of activities , but never really needed that in scotland

i cant find a job i like, and use every excuse to avoid working, so no money, when i go to work i would say i do an average of what 2-3 nurses done in scotland, scotland never really has had a shortage of nurses When i go to work i get so 'down', could cry every minute am there, just want my scottish work mates, patients and their banter

hubby working more hrs than he ever did (i did tell him to do less and i would work more, he just looked at me as if he didnt believe me)

however , i have got to the stage, i want to go home, but do not regred the fact i've been here (lets hope thats a step forward,lol)
O.k, there's a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere then?

As someone who's had to serve time here (almost four years ) I understand just how desperate some days can get. All I can say is spend the remaining time trying to have a good time (which for me usually involves a silly amount of alcohol!) save every cent you can, and just keep focused on the future goal of going home. It will come around sooner than you think.

Keep your chin up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.