Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going Out of My Mind in San Antonio

Wikiposts

Going Out of My Mind in San Antonio

Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:41 am
Banned

Homesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to allHomesick English Girl is a name known to all
Default Re: Going Out of My Mind in San Antonio

Ya know, I thought that the ignroance of the people on this forum was down to just one or two, but the more I read, the more I dislike the majority of you.
Who the hell do you think you are?
How DARE you presume ANYTHING about me, or anyone else for that matter?
Do you know just how many private messages I've had from users warning me of the small-mindedness of you lot, about how you all like to think you're the god damned oracles of immigration, when fact is, you AIN'T!
Someone like me comes on here asking advice or just looking for a friend, and what do I get? I get rudeness, personal opinions, arrogance - everything BUT what I was looking for.
The Americans say us Brits are vile pieces of work that think we're better than everyone else, and reading this pile of bollocks, I'm inclined to agree with them, and I'M a Brit!

I thought I would give this forum another chance after my first bad experience of *****in do-gooders and busybodys, but this just takes the cake. The LOT of you live in *****in dreamland, and you have the audacity to comment on MY state of mind??
If anyone was to listen to some of you, we'd believe you all have top-notch careers, ya plan parenthood with a clipboard, bank statements and sod-all else, you think you can make rude comments about other individuals that came here to seek help and advice... how is that helping me?
Seems to me that the only IDIOTS on this board are you lot that sit on here, day in, day out, waiting for your chance to pounce on some poor, unseuspecting new member... it's worth than being on the outside of a mother *****ing CLIQUE!!!!!!!!

Screw the ****in lot of you, you IGNORANT bunch of piss ants.
To the ones that PM'd me, stay in touch by all means, but I sure as HELL won't be back to this sh*thole again - and if I were you, i'd try out the rival forum (im sure ya know the one) cus the natives, in general, seem MUCH friendlier and less damned judgemental.

Now, type away to yaselves, cus this b*tch is well and truly over n *****ing out.

PS. Try reading about dual citizenship. I ain't even pregnant yet, I was asking for FUTURE REFERENCE.

Bollocks to the stinkin LOT of you.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Erica P
Jerseygirl/TruBrit

I am just going to piggy back on this thread to turn it into something useful!

You both have me worried now (don't worry i'm not going back to the UK just to have a baby). We are Canadian PR's and have been for six months. We intend to move back to the UK next year - does that mean we will not be UK residents immediatey upon landing? We have only just decided to move back within the last couple of weeks and residency status of the UK hadn't even occured to me as an issue.
I believe if you return to the UK with the intention of taking up residency you are classed as a UK resident as soon as you put foot on British soil. In that case you will no longer be a resident of Canada...even if you have dual citizenship.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice

Thanks Jerseygirl. Thats reassuring to know.

We have so many things to think about to do with the practicalities of getting back residency just wasn't on my list of things to look at yet.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homesick English Girl
Ya know, I thought that the ignroance of the people on this forum was down to just one or two, but the more I read, the more I dislike the majority of you.
Do you know just how many private messages I've had from users warning me of the small-mindedness of you lot, about how you all like to think you're the god damned oracles of immigration, when fact is, you AIN'T!
Someone like me comes on here asking advice or just looking for a friend, and what do I get? I get rudeness, personal opinions, arrogance - everything BUT what I was looking for.
The Americans say us Brits are vile pieces of work that think we're better than everyone else, and reading this pile of bollocks, I'm inclined to agree with them, and I'M a Brit!

I thought I would give this forum another chance after my first bad experience of *****in do-gooders and busybodys, but this just takes the cake. The LOT of you live in *****in dreamland, and you have the audacity to comment on MY state of mind??
If anyone was to listen to some of you, we'd believe you all have top-notch careers, ya plan parenthood with a clipboard, bank statements and sod-all else, you think you can make rude comments about other individuals that came here to seek help and advice... how is that helping me?
Seems to me that the only IDIOTS on this board are you lot that sit on here, day in, day out, waiting for your chance to pounce on some poor, unseuspecting new member... it's worth than being on the outside of a mother *****ing CLIQUE!!!!!!!!

To the ones that PM'd me, stay in touch by all means, but I sure as HELL won't be back to this sh*thole again - and if I were you, i'd try out the rival forum (im sure ya know the one) cus the natives, in general, seem MUCH friendlier and less damned judgemental.

Now, type away to yaselves, cus this b*tch is well and truly over n *****ing out.

PS. Try reading about dual citizenship. I ain't even pregnant yet, I was asking for FUTURE REFERENCE.

Excellent!!.. We haven't had one of these for ages!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Erica P
Jerseygirl/TruBrit

I am just going to piggy back on this thread to turn it into something useful!

You both have me worried now (don't worry i'm not going back to the UK just to have a baby). We are Canadian PR's and have been for six months. We intend to move back to the UK next year - does that mean we will not be UK residents immediatey upon landing? We have only just decided to move back within the last couple of weeks and residency status of the UK hadn't even occured to me as an issue.

a good friend of mine is a Practice Manager of a Drs surgery in Surrey and she has told me to register again after living abroad you just have to have your NHS number and proof of address such as utility bills/mobile phone bill or similar showing your name and UK address.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

bye... have a nice day now and btw pls close the door on your way out
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
bye... have a nice day now and btw pls close the door on your way out
The door's already been closed and locked.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kate2112
You know the more I read, the more convinced I am that the title of this thread was not an exaggeration.
i do believe you are right
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:05 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

munch...munch...slurp...slurp..

and here's me thinking this friday night was going to be boring..
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
a good friend of mine is a Practice Manager of a Drs surgery in Surrey and she has told me to register again after living abroad you just have to have your NHS number and proof of address such as utility bills/mobile phone bill or similar showing your name and UK address.

Thats handy to know. Thanks TruBrit!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny, because I was warned about you by a NATIVE on these boards about YOUR rude behaviour, yet I tried to help you! OK, I give up

Seriously, get yourself sorted out girl
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ahhhhh JG... ya coulda just let her have one more brainless rant!!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
munch...munch...slurp...slurp..

and here's me thinking this friday night was going to be boring..
That is too funny, right after I told you to post on here
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
shame, i hope the OP gets some help, real help.... kate2112 remarked similar that the OP's problem lies in the thread title
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:13 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
That is too funny, right after I told you to post on here
its all your fault...

I came on here all innocent to introduce myself and walked right into this....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.