Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going home - under sad circumstances

Going home - under sad circumstances

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

dreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud of
Default Going home - under sad circumstances

After making my decision that I was finally going home, and having started to make plans to leave.......... with great sadness I received word that my Dad had died.......... so my decision to go home, was too little too late... I never got to say goodbye to my Dad.......... so now I am leaving Canada to go and say goodbye at his funeral.

My advise to those who feel homesick, and just want to go home....... GO, DONT LEAVE IT, JUST DO IT........ dont sweat the small stuff...... if its in your heart to leave, then just do it..... over the last few years, people have told me give it time, give it time, I gave it 4 years of time........... when all along I felt I wanted to go home............ so if this sounds like you, please, dont leave it until its too late......... DO IT

So now I depart this lovely land, to go to my homeland............ with a very heavy heart..... good luck to those new to Canada, and good luck to those who are thinking of going home.........
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 11:48 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home - under sad circumstances

Originally Posted by dreamchaser
After making my decision that I was finally going home, and having started to make plans to leave.......... with great sadness I received word that my Dad had died.......... so my decision to go home, was too little too late... I never got to say goodbye to my Dad.......... so now I am leaving Canada to go and say goodbye at his funeral..........
Very sorry for your loss. Having been in a similar situation, I know how you must be feeling. Take care.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry for your loss Dreamcatcher and my sympathies to you and your family. I know exactly what you mean. As we get older obviously our parents are. Most situations in life can be resolved eventually, but sadly this is the one that cannot.

I know it isn't much consolation but if your Dad knew of your plans to return, at least he died knowing that you soon will be in a happier situation.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your loss Dreamcatcher! You are so right, we only have this moment to make the most of life.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:17 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:28 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

dreamchaser,

I am so sorry to read about your dad. The pain you are feeling right now must be overwhelming. But I'm sure your dad knew you loved him and cared for him. Distance doesn't change that.

Please have a safe trip back. I am sending big cyberhugs your way {{{{{{{}}}}}}}
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

dreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud of

Thanks to you all..... I hope someone who is maybe thinking of going home reads this....... so many people kept telling me to give it more time, give it more time, and i knew in my hearted i ought to go home, and by my own admission i left is so late, im now paying the cost......... the worst cost of all..........
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Thanks to you all..... I hope someone who is maybe thinking of going home reads this....... so many people kept telling me to give it more time, give it more time, and i knew in my hearted i ought to go home, and by my own admission i left is so late, im now paying the cost......... the worst cost of all..........
Im sorry for your loss dreamchaser, give your dad a good send off, and have a safe trip back..

I Must say you have gave me more food for thought TBH....my mum who is 68 with bad health problems also my dad 75 who's had his fair share of problems this last few yrs also...so your post had touched a nerve with me....Ive been thinking a hell of a lot lately of if/when i will get that dreaded phone call like yourself...i would be kicking myself as you are now...but mate your dad will fully understand of why you did what you did, and he proberly blessed your move, so don't be so hard on yourself mate. ..remeber your dad will always be in your heart, and that nobody can take away.

keep in touch mate
God Bless

Last edited by jaxslad; Jan 4th 2010 at 4:23 am. Reason: Editing:
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

So sorry for your loss.
This is a very hard time you're going through so please don't be too hard on yourself - you can't change what is.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

bizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nicebizzymum is just really nice

This breaks my heart. So sorry that you are going through this. I think a lot of us trying to get back over think it at times and want everything to be perfect because we don't want to fail. We want every detail in place...this is something to really think about in regards what is really important.
Again, so sorry for your loss.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:10 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so sorry for your loss dreamchaser, my heart goes out to you and your family
Terese
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Wise words. I came back to UK mainly for my mum who has cancer. These days with her are unreplaceable and i am so glad i came back. Back for good.

All the best.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear your news xxx
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:18 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

After making my decision that I was finally going home, and having started to make plans to leave.......... with great sadness I received word that my Dad had died.......... so my decision to go home, was too little too late... I never got to say goodbye to my Dad.......... so now I am leaving Canada to go and say goodbye at his funeral.

My advise to those who feel homesick, and just want to go home....... GO, DONT LEAVE IT, JUST DO IT........ dont sweat the small stuff...... if its in your heart to leave, then just do it..... over the last few years, people have told me give it time, give it time, I gave it 4 years of time........... when all along I felt I wanted to go home............ so if this sounds like you, please, dont leave it until its too late......... DO IT

So now I depart this lovely land, to go to my homeland............ with a very heavy heart..... good luck to those new to Canada, and good luck to those who are thinking of going home.........
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Go home and surround yourself with those who love you. Your Dad will have been happy that you were going forth in the world, enjoying and exploring life. That's all we want for our kids....try not to be hard on yourself.

I managed to see my Dad before he passed away last year but our time was very, very brief and he was terribly sick. It was simply luck that I got there in time. All of my old friends came to his funeral and it was so wonderful to be around the familiar, to feel truly loved by all there. It was a defining moment, the light at the end of the tunnel when I realised England is my home. Canada is lovely but so very empty for me and I want to spend my life with people I love not alone or with acquaintances skiing or on a beach.

I wish you all the best.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:25 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Wise words. I came back to UK mainly for my mum who has cancer. These days with her are unreplaceable and i am so glad i came back. Back for good.

All the best.
Lots of people have said to me 'How can you leave?' It's so good for your children, they'll learn to kayak and ski. It makes me bloody scream that there is so much more to life than your environment. Pretty mountains mean bugger all when you're not there to love and support those that mean so much. Maybe the sheer size of Aus and Canada makes people less connected....I don't know....they just don't get it.

Anyway, I'm so happy you're back with your mum. I envy you. Roll on summer when I hope to be home too and 'just be' with family and friends again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.