Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going home and i'm soooooo happy

Going home and i'm soooooo happy

Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice
Default Going home and i'm soooooo happy

We flew out to Perth on September 2nd. It's been a great experience and i'm glad that we've done it.

I've had the chance to work in another country my daughter has experienced school in another country (although not a very good one) and we have realised that England is not that bad after all

When i was packing to leave England i was down, slightly excited but more sad about the people that i was leaving behind and as i have said on another post I knew before we left that we would be back.

My daughter flew back last Wednesday with her grandparents and it was the happiest that i have seen her since the day we arrived here. I've spoken to her and i can hear the joy in her voice. She's back where she belongs with her family and she's over the moon. 12 was a difficult age, i just assumed she'd go to school meet friends and get on with it, but it didn't happen.

We started packing today and it's a much better feeling than we packed to come out here, I can't wait till Thursday night when were driving to Perth airport

Good luck to all those whoo have made it work here and the same to all those who want to go home.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:32 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Going home and i'm soooooo happy

Good luck. Hope you will be very happy. Roll on October!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

Thank you, roll on October Hope it goes quick and all goes well
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Bev you sound sooooo excited your post made me grin Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

Congrats sounds like you are very happy about it
Best of luck.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:45 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Bon Voyage. Best wishes for your future back in blighty
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with the move back...truly hope you find the happiness you are expecting...after all, only you know just what's best for you in the long run!
Safe journey
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Bev - hope it all goes well!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:27 am
Just Joined

4 me has a spectacular aura about4 me has a spectacular aura about4 me has a spectacular aura about

Hi Bev,

it's good to know that your daughter is happy now back in the UK and that you are making your way there soon.

We too came here in September and we are leaving next Friday.....we are glad we've done it though. At least we won't be back in the UK wondering "what if".

Good luck to you and your family.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hi Bev and all

We to came to Perth in July, have now done the 6 months and now are heading back mainly as other half misses family and friends so much, not really been happy since we got here.

Tough on some easier on others, I think its a great place though, but
its not for everyone

Best of luck

Mick
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:09 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

hi bev1 and mickagnew,

best of luck on your returns home

Out of interest, what was it that made you and your families decide to make the move over to Perth/Australia? Had you guys visited before at all?

good to hear that your daughter is happy to be back home, bev1 !

cheers
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Going home and i'm soooooo happy

Originally Posted by markallwood
hi bev1 and mickagnew,

best of luck on your returns home

Out of interest, what was it that made you and your families decide to make the move over to Perth/Australia? Had you guys visited before at all?

good to hear that your daughter is happy to be back home, bev1 !

cheers

Thanks for all your kind wishes

We came here because i thought it was a better place for my children to grow up, and now i dont. I thought there would be loads of jobs and there's not. i thought houses were were cheaper and for the areas that we would live in, they're not any cheaper than our house in the uk and we'd have to have a higher mortgage than we had at home. But i'm not really complaing i'm just not going to moan about England like i used to.

But most of all i really didn't think we would miss our families like we did.

I think perth's beautiful but its far too quiet and just not for us.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

Hi - We moved to Portugal with our 12 year old and 8 year old daughters, 18 months ago. Like you, we assumed they would just adapt and make friends (albeit in a different language here) Our younger daughter has done just that, but for our older daughter it has been a nightmare. I realise now that it is a very difficult age to uproot a youngster, and I regret having done it. We are now trying to work out the best way for her to return to the UK in the next couple of years, to get back into the UK educational system. But all moving back is not on the cards - especially since our younger daughter is well-integrated now! How hard it is to get it 'right!'
Good luck with the next chapter in your journey...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bev1

We flew out to Perth on September 2nd. It's been a great experience and i'm glad that we've done it.

I've had the chance to work in another country my daughter has experienced school in another country (although not a very good one) and we have realised that England is not that bad after all

When i was packing to leave England i was down, slightly excited but more sad about the people that i was leaving behind and as i have said on another post I knew before we left that we would be back.

My daughter flew back last Wednesday with her grandparents and it was the happiest that i have seen her since the day we arrived here. I've spoken to her and i can hear the joy in her voice. She's back where she belongs with her family and she's over the moon. 12 was a difficult age, i just assumed she'd go to school meet friends and get on with it, but it didn't happen.

We started packing today and it's a much better feeling than we packed to come out here, I can't wait till Thursday night when were driving to Perth airport

Good luck to all those whoo have made it work here and the same to all those who want to go home.
Good luck with your return , i came home in october from perth with my two children and my husband followed in december and we are very happy so know how you feel .All our belongings came last week and it was lovely to un pack lots of boxes .
Have a safe trip and best of luck for the future

janet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.