Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going home for holiday - ESTA

Wikiposts

Going home for holiday - ESTA

Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:32 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going home for holiday - ESTA

We are going home for 10 days - yay !! Last time hubby was in UK (on business) and travelled back (he has L1A, me and dude have L2) the woman at the BA check in desk gave him a hard time for not having ESTA. As far as I understand you only need ESTA if travelling under VWP. Has anyone else had a problem ?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home for holiday - ESTA

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
We are going home for 10 days - yay !! Last time hubby was in UK (on business) and travelled back (he has L1A, me and dude have L2) the woman at the BA check in desk gave him a hard time for not having ESTA. As far as I understand you only need ESTA if travelling under VWP. Has anyone else had a problem ?

Yes, you're right, you only need ESTA approval if you're on VWP.

I flew back from London on the 15th Jan this year - just after ESTA had been introduced. They asked me at check-in if I had completed it, but I just said no and mentioned about the visa in my passport (L2). No hard time, but I guess it's probably down to the individual at the check in desk?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:41 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Yes, you're right, you only need ESTA approval if you're on VWP.

I flew back from London on the 15th Jan this year - just after ESTA had been introduced. They asked me at check-in if I had completed it, but I just said no and mentioned about the visa in my passport (L2). No hard time, but I guess it's probably down to the individual at the check in desk?
And we all know that Airline check-in staff are not only the nicest, friendliest customer service representatives in the world, but they're also the very, very brightest!

Good luck Babz!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
And we all know that Airline check-in staff are not only the nicest, friendliest customer service representatives in the world, but they're also the very, very brightest!

Good luck Babz!
So true
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:45 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

So true
How are you enjoying the heat here in Plano? I hear it's going to be a chilly 95deg on Sunday and Monday, but that it'll warm back up nicely to 103 by Tuesday!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:47 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I am not going to apply but might take a copy of the blurb from the US Embassy Website to wave in case I get any grief.

Don't know why I worry about these things - guess I don't get out into the big bad world enough - hee hee !!

Son just shouted through that the weather channel on his wii says houston will be 106 on Wednesday - I can't get outta here fast enough. It better be cold and raining at home or I'll not be happy.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbj1000
How are you enjoying the heat here in Plano? I hear it's going to be a chilly 95deg on Sunday and Monday, but that it'll warm back up nicely to 103 by Tuesday!
Thanks guys, I am not going to apply but might take a copy of the blurb from the US Embassy Website to wave in case I get any grief.

Don't know why I worry about these things - guess I don't get out into the big bad world enough - hee hee !!

Son just shouted through that the weather channel on his wii says houston will be 106 on Wednesday - I can't get outta here fast enough. It better be cold and raining at home or I'll not be happy.

lol - Yes, it's certainly warming up here! Reminds me of last year when we arrived at the start of July to a run of 100F days!

Babz - how lovely to be shooting off to the UK for a while - not sure about the cold and rain though, I hear it's tipped to be a great summer . Are you heading back to Scotland - should be nice and cool there?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:10 am
Chocoholic !

lol - Yes, it's certainly warming up here! Reminds me of last year when we arrived at the start of July to a run of 100F days!

Babz - how lovely to be shooting off to the UK for a while - not sure about the cold and rain though, I hear it's tipped to be a great summer . Are you heading back to Scotland - should be nice and cool there?
Yup - back to Aberdeen - surely I am guaranteed some nasty grey rainy weather - bliss... Just 10 days so long enough to hit Marks & Sparks, ASDA, The Bervie Chipper and a couple of nice curry houses
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Yup - back to Aberdeen - surely I am guaranteed some nasty grey rainy weather - bliss... Just 10 days so long enough to hit Marks & Sparks, ASDA, The Bervie Chipper and a couple of nice curry houses
Lovely - I went to school in Peterhead and lived in Aberdeen for a few years!

However, if you mean the Bervie Chipper in Stonehaven, you might need to drop one of those items from your list Sorry!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/8100916.stm
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:22 pm
Chocoholic !

Oh My God - I guess I'll have to go to the original in Inverbervie. We actually moved from Stonehaven - I am surprised no one back home has told me about the fire.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

We're on L's and came back from blightly a couple o months back. no ESTA or visa waiver needed, you have a visa no nothing to waive
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Just Joined

hels9369 is on a distinguished road

sorry to disapoint but its been 86+ here today we have not seen rain for a week or so. Bring sun cream and hats with you its due to last a few weeks all though it is wimbledon fortnight
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:48 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hels9369
sorry to disapoint but its been 86+ here today we have not seen rain for a week or so. Bring sun cream and hats with you its due to last a few weeks all though it is wimbledon fortnight
And there's this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8122969.stm

Boy, do I love the Pacific NW...