Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going home for a holiday in 2 weeks

Going home for a holiday in 2 weeks

Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Going home for a holiday in 2 weeks

And I can't wait.

After lot's of discussions, we have decided to stay here and get the Citizenship. We have been here for 16 months now, and if we were going to go home it would not have been until August so have agreed to stay.

OH has been offered an opportunity to open a office (for his old company) in the Cambridge/Ely area and they are prepared to wait until next year, for us to return.
And the couple renting our house have said they would like to stay on for a while longer after the contract expires in Aug which is a great help.

I feel ok, I still have wobbly days, but most days I am ok I no longer have that knot in my tummy, I know I am going home.

I have booked a holiday and leave on the 24th June for 3 weeks, could not do this without seeing my family, I am so excited.

I can't wait to see my mum and dad, and all my friends, and for my youngest to meet all his family (he was only 9 months when we left) and also my best friend is getting married, it is going to be great.

Sandrax
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home for a holiday in 2 weeks

Thats great news!! enjoy your trip home!!!

Kath
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
And I can't wait.

After lot's of discussions, we have decided to stay here and get the Citizenship. We have been here for 16 months now, and if we were going to go home it would not have been until August so have agreed to stay.

OH has been offered an opportunity to open a office (for his old company) in the Cambridge/Ely area and they are prepared to wait until next year, for us to return.
And the couple renting our house have said they would like to stay on for a while longer after the contract expires in Aug which is a great help.

I feel ok, I still have wobbly days, but most days I am ok I no longer have that knot in my tummy, I know I am going home.

I have booked a holiday and leave on the 24th June for 3 weeks, could not do this without seeing my family, I am so excited.

I can't wait to see my mum and dad, and all my friends, and for my youngest to meet all his family (he was only 9 months when we left) and also my best friend is getting married, it is going to be great.

Sandrax
Was just thinking about you this morning & wondering where you were. Glad all is ok & you have something to look forward to.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

And I can't wait.

Sandrax

Hey Sandra, bet your glad you have your PC back.

Going back will help you so much. Then when you get back you won't have too long to wait for citizenship. You have alot to look forward to now.

Catch up soon.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Was just thinking about you this morning & wondering where you were. Glad all is ok & you have something to look forward to.

Thanks, I am so excited it is really needed, we have been going/staying etc for months.
He had to go back in April for funeral and while there had a chat with his old company (who have wanted him back for 2yrs now) he came back said ok lets go home etc, then our conscious got the better of us (he has always wanted to get cit-ship) so here we are.

What about you have you decided what to do?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Thats great news!! enjoy your trip home!!!

Kath
Cheers Kath,
I would not be able to do another 10-12 months without going home.

Last edited by sandrainaus; Jun 11th 2007 at 1:10 am.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hey Sandra, bet your glad you have your PC back.

Going back will help you so much. Then when you get back you won't have too long to wait for citizenship. You have alot to look forward to now.

Catch up soon.

Hi Rachel

So pleased to have PC back only a mere $740.00 most expensive cup of coffee ever had

Starting to get a bit fed up with friends & some members of my family telling me that as soon as I get off the plane, I will want to turn around and get right back on it, and how it has changed so much they are just so annoying :curse::curse::curse:

How you getting on?

Catch up in week

Sandrax
Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Thanks, I am so excited it is really needed, we have been going/staying etc for months.
He had to go back in April for funeral and while there had a chat with his old company (who have wanted him back for 2yrs now) he came back said ok lets go home etc, then our conscious got the better of us (he has always wanted to get cit-ship) so here we are.

What about you have you decided what to do?
Been through much the same as you, one minute want to go, next feel like staying for citizenship, the pull for us is family, I dont have a major problem with Aus, it just isnt close enough to home (and before any sarky comments fly, of course I was aware of how far away it was before I moved here, but like many on this forum I didnt think it would matter that much to me, I was wrong, it does matter). Feel a song coming on "should I stay or should I go"! lol.

Who knows what will happen in the future, I dont have a crystal ball, so will have to just see how it goes & how I feel later in the year as have to wait for the pooch to clear quarantine period anyway so am here for a while.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Been through much the same as you, one minute want to go, next feel like staying for citizenship, the pull for us is family, I dont have a major problem with Aus, it just isnt close enough to home (and before any sarky comments fly, of course I was aware of how far away it was before I moved here, but like many on this forum I didnt think it would matter that much to me, I was wrong, it does matter). Feel a song coming on "should I stay or should I go"! lol.
Ditto to all you said.

Although I find it really slow here (to slow for me) I don't hate it, and a few have said try Melbourne/Sydney. But I don't really think that is going to cure the homesickness, missing family etc.

I do think getting the Cit-ship is important, even if it is just for the kids,
you never know what the future holds.

Good luck.

We will all have to arrange another night out.

Sx
Old Jun 11th 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rachel

So pleased to have PC back only a mere $740.00 most expensive cup of coffee ever had

Starting to get a bit fed up with friends & some members of my family telling me that as soon as I get off the plane, I will want to turn around and get right back on it, and how it has changed so much they are just so annoying :curse::curse::curse:

How you getting on?

Catch up in week

Sandrax
I don't think the UK would have changed so much in only 16 months!

It always amazes me how people you know very well and those who don't know you that well feel free to tell YOU how YOU are going to feel!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rachel

How you getting on?

Catch up in week

Sandrax

Hi Sandra,

It hasn't changed at all, it's all a load of crap. My friend Sue (still in Perth) told me that she saw on the news that the top name for boys in the UK is Mohammed!!! Can't believe the rubbish that must be being spouted over there. I haven't noticed any difference here at all since we've been back. Mind you I went in KFC the other day and the girl behind the counter was Polish, when I mentioned to a friend it was the first Polish person I had seen and I was surprised as I thought we were supposed to be inundated, she said that the Polish people have run KFC in the town for years!!!

I can honestly say that I don't even feel like I've been away, never mind for 2years. We just fitted straight back in and it feels great to feel alive again!!

Jo
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi Sandra,

It hasn't changed at all, it's all a load of crap. My friend Sue (still in Perth) told me that she saw on the news that the top name for boys in the UK is Mohammed!!! Can't believe the rubbish that must be being spouted over there. I haven't noticed any difference here at all since we've been back. Mind you I went in KFC the other day and the girl behind the counter was Polish, when I mentioned to a friend it was the first Polish person I had seen and I was surprised as I thought we were supposed to be inundated, she said that the Polish people have run KFC in the town for years!!!

I can honestly say that I don't even feel like I've been away, never mind for 2years. We just fitted straight back in and it feels great to feel alive again!!

Jo
Yeah, me too. Feels like the years in Aus were just a fleeting second in my life, wouldn't have changed things but SO glad to be back. Things here are no worse than when you left, believe me. Anyway even if things are different than you it all becomes very insignificant in the light that you are HOME, where you belong......for better or worse!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

When you come back Sandra, shall us girlies all meet up for a drinkie??? Be great to catch up with everyone.....

Kath
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi Sandra,

Jo

Hi Jo

Was thinking about you yesterday, I am so pleased you are all settled and happy.

How are those boys of yours?

I don't believe all the crap people tell me, I know what the UK is like and most that keep going on about it, have no idea about moving away.

I am so excited at going home, and I am also taking 2 empty suitcases.

Mail soon

Sandra
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
Yeah, me too. Feels like the years in Aus were just a fleeting second in my life, wouldn't have changed things but SO glad to be back. Things here are no worse than when you left, believe me. Anyway even if things are different than you it all becomes very insignificant in the light that you are HOME, where you belong......for better or worse!
Hi Tina,

How are you settling have you found a house??

I know what you mean, when Andrew went back in April he said after a couple of days he felt really settled, and wondered why we left in the first place.

Keep in touch

Sandrax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.