Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going home to good old Blighty

Going home to good old Blighty

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:30 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home to good old Blighty

Originally Posted by whalewatcher
Looking at this sentence by itself makes me think, come on, this whole post has to be a wind-up!
It certainly started out this way, and that was my first thought, but reading the rest I thought it could well be for real. But maybe I'm just too preconditioned by all those naive "I'm a plumber from Essex and me and the family went to Disney how do we get a visa to move to Florida" posts we get in the US forum...
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:27 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dade
As a black person who's about to move to Melbourne I can honestly say Australia is all the better for your moving back to Blighty.

One of the reasons a lot of us (black and white) like australia is for their laid back, racially tolerant attitude. Australians also pride themselves on this and I'm sure wouldn't want too many "immigrants" of your kind tainting that tolerance.

I could go on and on but I honestly feel sorry for people like you. You're doomed to live in your angry ignorance and thank God we are not likely to bump into you in Aus!

Having lived in Melbourne for 3 years and now back in the UK the Aussies are very racist and usually not very PC. This however was not the reason we left. Just wanted to point this out. I really can not tolerate racism in any form. As a white British I found it annoying to be called a smelly POM all the time something I am glad to be away from now.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:33 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joh117
Having lived in Melbourne for 3 years and now back in the UK the Aussies are very racist and usually not very PC. This however was not the reason we left. Just wanted to point this out. I really can not tolerate racism in any form. As a white British I found it annoying to be called a smelly POM all the time something I am glad to be away from now.
Isn't that xenophobia? Not racism.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moz100
Hi everyone this is my emigration experience,

We came on holiday to Oz a couple of years ago, loved it for three weeks went home and didnt think much more of it, then this bloody TV programme came on, a new life down under, we started to think that looks good, England's going down the pan with all the thousands of so called refugees and eastern Europeans coming in, lets get out of here, I had my skills assessed and submitted the application, I even went to an Expo held at Australia house, however the so called experts were answering my pre-prepared in depth questions with "You'll be right" I should have realised at that point that this wasnt such a great idea, I decided to do more research so I started watching'Aerobics Oz style' and 'Rex Hunts fishing adventures' I was hooked.
We arrived in Sydney at the end of October 06, we had a couple of weeks of arranging schools and uni for the kids, found a house to rent, all the usual stuff, we were having a great time, I started my new job in Lidcombe, it was that first morning that I realised we had made a massive mistake it felt like I was driving through beirut (after the bombs had gone off) it was full of immigrants and I could not belive that they would have had to jump through as many hoops as I did to get here, or for that matter that they would have spent quite as much money as I had to, I asked myself the following questions

Is this what I want for my kids futures? NO

Is this any better than London? NO

Please dont get me wrong, its not that I am anti-black I am Pro-white.

So we made our decision and we are going home next week, luckily we still have our house in the UK and I even managed to get my old job back, the kids educations have been disrupted and for that I feel guilty.

Good luck to everyone who loves it here I wish you all the best, for those of you who are not sure, ask yourself why did you leave, what were you looking for and has Australia given it to you?
It has to be a windup.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

dade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nice

Originally Posted by joh117
As a white British I found it annoying to be called a smelly POM all the time something I am glad to be away from now.
Technically that is not racism if you are both of the same race.

Looking at this post again, I do believe it is a windup, especially as the person has only just joined. Probably joined specifically to irritate us all.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:28 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at this sentence by itself makes me think, come on, this whole post has to be a wind-up!
Course it is - gawd I thought I was daft
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

moz100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having read the various replies to my post it is I who feel sorry for you, you bloody liberals cocoon yourselves up in your own little worlds, christ some of you even marry immigrants to make some kind of political point, you read the articles that you wish to read and ignore what is happening in the real world, I do not think that banning daily mail readers is much of a solution, of course I realise that I am now an immigrant I do not view that as ironic it is simply fact, if all immigrants were to integrate into the society they find themselves in there would be far less problems than there are today, it was my intention to immerse myself in Australian culture (unfortunately there is none) and after two years become an Australian citizen, as an immigrant from the UK I have felt no animosity from Aussies whatsoever I have been accepted as an ordinary guy looking for an improved society in which my kids and their kids can look forward to a better future, it is clear to me now that Australia can not offer this to me that is why I am returning to England, as for the question of me being racist, no I do not have any black friends, does make make me racist, NO I dont think so, how many black friends do you have to have to not be a racist???
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:18 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

...and breathe.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:48 am
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazzz
...and breathe.

"marry immigrants to make some kind of political point" - Definitely a wind up.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:19 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I see a shyte stirrer. Bubble bubble toil and trouble....
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

christ some of you even marry immigrants to make some kind of political point,
Hell you should see the immigrant I married, he is so well endowed in the trouser department, I didnt need to make a political point at all.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:31 pm
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

I have always been an immigrant. Parents came to Kenya from India, I was born in Kenya, I moved to the UK in my early twenties and now I'm going to Oz.

What is wrong with being an immigrant? It's about tolerance of each other, the diversity of cultures, the rich tapestry of life experiences and lots more, NOT about the colours of different people!

Grow up OP.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

whalewatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Spot on. Most of human history is the story of migration and cultural mixing. The English language is a compendium of words brought in by Roman immigrants, German-Dutch (Anglo-Saxon) immigrants, Norman French immigrants...
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:01 am
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone this is my emigration experience,

We came on holiday to Oz a couple of years ago, loved it for three weeks went home and didnt think much more of it, then this bloody TV programme came on, a new life down under, we started to think that looks good, England's going down the pan with all the thousands of so called refugees and eastern Europeans coming in, lets get out of here, I had my skills assessed and submitted the application, I even went to an Expo held at Australia house, however the so called experts were answering my pre-prepared in depth questions with "You'll be right" I should have realised at that point that this wasnt such a great idea, I decided to do more research so I started watching'Aerobics Oz style' and 'Rex Hunts fishing adventures' I was hooked.
We arrived in Sydney at the end of October 06, we had a couple of weeks of arranging schools and uni for the kids, found a house to rent, all the usual stuff, we were having a great time, I started my new job in Lidcombe, it was that first morning that I realised we had made a massive mistake it felt like I was driving through beirut (after the bombs had gone off) it was full of immigrants and I could not belive that they would have had to jump through as many hoops as I did to get here, or for that matter that they would have spent quite as much money as I had to, I asked myself the following questions

Is this what I want for my kids futures? NO

Is this any better than London? NO

Please dont get me wrong, its not that I am anti-black I am Pro-white.

So we made our decision and we are going home next week, luckily we still have our house in the UK and I even managed to get my old job back, the kids educations have been disrupted and for that I feel guilty.

Good luck to everyone who loves it here I wish you all the best, for those of you who are not sure, ask yourself why did you leave, what were you looking for and has Australia given it to you?
..............you included-probably the greenest one too. how detestable and absurd. How are you not an immigrant in Australia-"pro-white"so you immigrate to somewhere who's natives are pitch-black. Honestly, glad to see Oz failed for you-good riddance.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:27 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Used to be loads of posts like this on a forum I used in Japan.

Rule of thumb....if it is a new poster who, out of the blue, comes onto the forum with a long post...and the post is controversial but has funny bits in it.. then it's usually a fake.

A white British guy who left the UK because of the immigrants but didn't like Australia because of the immigrants whose research was watching a fishing progamme?? But who has at least one child at university and made a list of detailed pre-prepared questions to ask the officials before making the move?

You'll always get a few tricksters on forums where you can join up with any old hotmail account.

Then again, I'm laughing at the post because I'd be crying if I thought it was true.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.