Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going home. Allied picfords or kents ?

Going home. Allied picfords or kents ?

Old May 10th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going home. Allied picfords or kents ?

HI TO ALL
We fly back on the 27th of may. Can not wait. Bit nervous also. Told all the family and friends last night in the uk. How excited are they. Screams im sure could be heard all over australia. Im sure they did not need the phone. After feeling so lonely for so long its nice to feel very wanted again. Can not wait now. We are selling some things aswell as sending alot back. Have kents quote but got allied picfords coming around today also. Anyone had any experience with these companys. I think i heard on the furum a while back that kents were really good ?
Old May 11th 2004, 4:10 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home. Allied picfords or kents ?

Originally posted by friends
HI TO ALL
We fly back on the 27th of may. Can not wait. Bit nervous also. Told all the family and friends last night in the uk. How excited are they. Screams im sure could be heard all over australia. Im sure they did not need the phone. After feeling so lonely for so long its nice to feel very wanted again. Can not wait now. We are selling some things aswell as sending alot back. Have kents quote but got allied picfords coming around today also. Anyone had any experience with these companys. I think i heard on the furum a while back that kents were really good ?

Indeedy they are from what I have heard. We are using Trans International but not sure if they are Australia wide...but they beat both Kent and Pickfords on price and the lady we saw was very down to earth and very good at answering all our queries. She has called us since we agreed on the quote just to see how things are going and has offered at ADOPT me into her family arhhhwwwwww what a nice woman !!

She used to work for Pickfords but found that the bigger they got the more inpersonal they became !!

Will pm you again soon ...take care
P x
Old May 11th 2004, 9:20 pm
mick n cheryl

Hi Pants, & Friends

We are looking like heading back to the uk (Wakefield W Yorks) in Aug time Cheryl has just not settled . We are unsure whether to ship things back or not. When we came over here (just last June) we sold everything in uk and came out with just cases, and I don't really want to do that in reverse with the exchange rates etc.

The reason for the post is to ask a favour of you and any others on the forum

Could you please PM me with the details of the companies you are using / thinking of using and if possible what the costs are
:scared:

Thanks... Mick x

Old May 11th 2004, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mick n cheryl
Hi Pants, & Friends

We are looking like heading back to the uk (Wakefield W Yorks) in Aug time Cheryl has just not settled . We are unsure whether to ship things back or not. When we came over here (just last June) we sold everything in uk and came out with just cases, and I don't really want to do that in reverse with the exchange rates etc.

The reason for the post is to ask a favour of you and any others on the forum

Could you please PM me with the details of the companies you are using / thinking of using and if possible what the costs are
:scared:

Thanks... Mick x
Hi mick
We have had two qoutes around the same price. A high top 40 foot container is about 12 thou. WE are shipping car back also so need a 40 foot. That quote is from kents and allied picfords. Pants has a 20 foot with another company which is around 6 thousand i think. Works out around the same price by doubling it. hope this is of some help. Where abouts are you in aus
Old May 11th 2004, 11:22 pm
mick n cheryl

Thanks for that

We are in Mackay - Central QLD

6K doesn't seem too bad, is that all in. Including port costs etc and door to door?

AND is a 20 foot container big enough for all of the house goods?
MMMmmmmmmm

Mick

Old May 12th 2004, 4:54 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mick n cheryl
Thanks for that

We are in Mackay - Central QLD

6K doesn't seem too bad, is that all in. Including port costs etc and door to door?

AND is a 20 foot container big enough for all of the house goods?
MMMmmmmmmm

Mick

Hi Mick. I'm sorry to hear that Cheryl has not settled..it is hard to do for many people. Where are you heading home to in UK?

We had 3 quotes and the best price and best gut feeling I got was from Trans International.

www.transinternational.com.au

I know they have offices in Cairns

The lady came round and was veyr honest and said if we got rid of things we REALLY could do without then she reckoned a 20ft container would be all that we needed. With insurance and another specila insurance for mechanical and electrical (not all stuff just things like our huge TV, washing machine) the quote is around the $10,000 and we are shipping a good amount.
Contact them as they are very helpful and not the size of Pickfords etc so are more personal. They do use a third party in UK and we have specified that we would like John Mason to do the UK side. Again he was recommended by someone on this site.

That price is door to door.

All you can do is get them round for quotes but beware of pickfords....bit pricey on 20fta nd 40ft..!!!

Hope this had helped..lets us know how you get on.!!

Cheers
P
Old May 13th 2004, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Pandah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum but been watching silently for ages!
But now need help on going home.
We are just about to get quotes from OSS Worldwide,Overseas Packers and Shippers & Chess! Does anybody have any feed back on these Companys? I got these names from the FIDI web site (a removal accreditation).

Cannt wait to get home after 6 months away!
Old May 13th 2004, 8:22 am
Live the moment

Originally posted by Pandah
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum but been watching silently for ages!
But now need help on going home.
We are just about to get quotes from OSS Worldwide,Overseas Packers and Shippers & Chess! Does anybody have any feed back on these Companys? I got these names from the FIDI web site (a removal accreditation).

Cannt wait to get home after 6 months away!

Hi Pandah

welcome to the forum , no need to be silent anymore....sorry I have not heard of those companies..where about's are you? and where about's are you heading back to??

Cheers

Pants
Old May 13th 2004, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pants
Hi Pandah

welcome to the forum , no need to be silent anymore....sorry I have not heard of those companies..where about's are you? and where about's are you heading back to??

Cheers

Pants
Hi PantS,
Currentley in Brisbane and headed for the UK after only 6 months of being here, but to be hounest 6 months is more than enough.

Thanks
Pandah
Old May 13th 2004, 10:47 pm
Live the moment

Hi PantS,
Currentley in Brisbane and headed for the UK after only 6 months of being here, but to be hounest 6 months is more than enough.

Thanks
Pandah

Ok...sounds like you have truly had enough...any particular reasons for heading back now??We are going back this year also in August and would have been here 21/2 years.

Pants
Old May 14th 2004, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pants
Ok...sounds like you have truly had enough...any particular reasons for heading back now??We are going back this year also in August and would have been here 21/2 years.

Pants
"Any Particular reason for coming back" Well how long have you got!!!!!!!!!!!
Not really.... Lots of different reasons.. Mainley feel like fishes out of water here! Absolutley beautifull country and lovely weather (great holiday destination) but its just the 'Culture' here.. attitudes are so different, and we feel we would have to conform to the 'Aussie way' (what ever that is?) to fit in and be accepted, and quite frankley we are not prepared to change who we are. Not really slagging off Australia it's just not for us. But we are being positive and will leave knowing we gave it a good go but just doesnt feel right!
Looking forward to going back home with a new outlook on life in the UK. Never realy felt Patriotic in the UK till we came to Oz. Now can not wait to get home and fly the flag.

Pandah
Old May 14th 2004, 10:04 pm
Live the moment

Not really.... Lots of different reasons.. Mainley feel like fishes out of water here! Absolutley beautifull country and lovely weather (great holiday destination) but its just the 'Culture' here.. attitudes are so different, and we feel we would have to conform to the 'Aussie way' (what ever that is?) to fit in and be accepted, and quite frankley we are not prepared to change who we are. Not really slagging off Australia it's just not for us. But we are being positive and will leave knowing we gave it a good go but just doesnt feel right!
Looking forward to going back home with a new outlook on life in the UK. Never realy felt Patriotic in the UK till we came to Oz. Now can not wait to get home and fly the flag.

Pandah
Hi Pandah

Sorry to hear that but you have to be true to yourselves which is what you are doing. Good for you at least you gave it a go.

What part of OZ are you in?? What aprt of UK are you going back to?

All the best

P
Old May 18th 2004, 1:17 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Pandah
Pandah

This could have been me writing if I didn't know different!!!!!

Anyhow we used Wridgways to come back and they were excellent, cost us about 12k dollars but we needed a 40ft because of hubbies motorbikes.

Good luck with your return

Susan
Old May 18th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi PantS,

Thanks
Pandah
Know the feeling... 18 months was tooooo much!!! One bit of advice - don't use Allied Pickfords - they managed to wreck most of our 40' container, including a vintage car, so be warned!!!
Old May 19th 2004, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Know the feeling-hubbie has 2 bikes but we came out here with a 20ft container so should be ok!

Anyone used or heard of Britmove? Sound dodgy cos of the name but big ad in yellow pages. We don't have trans-international in perth-don't think anyway!

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
Pandah

This could have been me writing if I didn't know different!!!!!

Anyhow we used Wridgways to come back and they were excellent, cost us about 12k dollars but we needed a 40ft because of hubbies motorbikes.

Good luck with your return

Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.