Going home!!!

Old May 28th 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough
Default Going home!!!

Hi
Just thought I would share our decision to move back to the UK after nearly 2years in Townsville. It's been a hard decision but after spending Easter back home I realised how much myself and my daughter are missing out on family and UK life!! I can't believe how much I miss English life, walking in the country and everyone saying hello it was such a contrast from here where I am lucky if I get a grunt from fellow walkers.

I still have my ups and downs of "are we making the right decision" but when I think of spending the rest of my life here I just can't imagine it.
Being around my family and friends is just so much more important, although I wish I could take my house and garden with me.

All the best to those who decide to go home!!!!
Old May 28th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Going home!!!

Good luck to you Steveclare, I understand how you feel. I am taking advantage of the weak pound and house prices in the UK and buying just now, as I think we'll be doing the same as you in the next couple of years.
Old May 28th 2010, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move! I know what you mean about the friendliness in Yorkshire - I experienced it too in Feb/March and would love to live in that part of UK if we were ever to return. This is certainly the time to be going over in that direction with the dollar value against the pound and the inflated Aus house prices. For decades it has been nigh on impossible to go in that direction and the bonuses have all been for Poms wanting to come here - about time things looked up for those of us wanting to go in the opposite direction!

I am sure you will find a super house and garden (at rock bottom price LOL) for your return!
Old May 28th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you...I agree with the walking bit...so much nicer in the UK.

LibbyX
Old May 28th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Good luck. Hope everything works out for you. The thought of growing old in Oz is terrifying!
Old May 28th 2010, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steveclare
Hi
Just thought I would share our decision to move back to the UK after nearly 2years in Townsville. It's been a hard decision but after spending Easter back home I realised how much myself and my daughter are missing out on family and UK life!! I can't believe how much I miss English life, walking in the country and everyone saying hello it was such a contrast from here where I am lucky if I get a grunt from fellow walkers.

I still have my ups and downs of "are we making the right decision" but when I think of spending the rest of my life here I just can't imagine it.
Being around my family and friends is just so much more important, although I wish I could take my house and garden with me.

Good luck to you, we are from Yorkshire and so miss the people and the countryside. It is a difficult descion esp as we have family both sides but i can't imagine being here for the rest of our lives either, We too are trying to head back in the next year, back to where our hearts are!
Old May 28th 2010, 1:50 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveclare
Hi

Good for you...I know exactly what you mean...
Old May 28th 2010, 1:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

More Yorkshire people going home! I must put Yorkshire on my must visit list, it seems to have a strong pull on it's locals.
Old May 28th 2010, 1:54 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
More Yorkshire people going home! I must put Yorkshire on my must visit list, it seems to have a strong pull on it's locals.
It beats Wales thats for sure))
Old May 28th 2010, 3:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
Booo!
Old May 28th 2010, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

penury is an unknown quantity at this point

its probably because more people emigrated from Yorkshire than Wales

I wonder, do Welsh people tend to stay put, & not emigrate as much as others do in the rest of the UK
Old May 29th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to you Steveclare, lets us know how it goes, do you have a date booked for you return?

Last edited by charleygirl; May 29th 2010 at 11:14 am.
Old May 29th 2010, 12:30 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
Efallai , namyn Sir Efrog ewigod mo ca Katherine Jenkins
Old May 29th 2010, 3:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

I've been gone so long I don't even know who Katherine Jenkins is
Old May 29th 2010, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I've been gone so long I don't even know who Katherine Jenkins is
Don't be hard on yourself. I am still here and don't know who Katherine Jenkins is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.