Going home!!!

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:15 am
Just Joined

corinamac has a spectacular aura aboutcorinamac has a spectacular aura aboutcorinamac has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Going home!!!

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Where have you been living since end Jan?
Don't you think that's too soon to decide you don't like a place? lol
Been in Toowoomba- came back to my husbands 'hometown' after him being away for over 20 years-big mistake we are both true brits- 8 months is a long time to be miserable
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by corinamac
We are going to Snaith about 25 mins from York!
Keep in touch and let us know how you get on, we hope to be back in August just have to sell the house.
Good Luck
Clare x
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wondering if Steveclare made it home?
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Wondering if Steveclare made it home?
No still here, haven't sold the house yet hoping it will happen this week, will keep you informed.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:55 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveclare
No still here, haven't sold the house yet hoping it will happen this week, will keep you informed.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Good luck on getting back to Yorkshire i miss the accent so much and York is a lovely place i wish i had visited alot more places before coming here!

I was in Mackay for nearly 4 years which is about 4 hours from Townsville and i have recently moved to Nsw and i feel alot better for it i couldnt really settle there in Mackay.

Good Luck
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

tdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the roughtdib is a jewel in the rough

I am from Wakefield but live in Perth. When I go back to Yorkshire on holiday I love the way my accent blends in with everyone elses. Feel like I am back with my own tribe again - ha ha

Last edited by tdib; Aug 5th 2010 at 11:53 pm. Reason: typo
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Just thought I would share our decision to move back to the UK after nearly 2years in Townsville. It's been a hard decision but after spending Easter back home I realised how much myself and my daughter are missing out on family and UK life!! I can't believe how much I miss English life, walking in the country and everyone saying hello it was such a contrast from here where I am lucky if I get a grunt from fellow walkers.

I still have my ups and downs of "are we making the right decision" but when I think of spending the rest of my life here I just can't imagine it.
Being around my family and friends is just so much more important, although I wish I could take my house and garden with me.

All the best to those who decide to go home!!!!
LOl, I know what you mean about the house but as I am writing this in the small box room we use as a study I am lookind directly onto the farm hills and can see the cows and sheep....brilliant scenery...our boys are laughing their heads off next door as their cousin is on the phone to them arranging a day out with them...we have just spent a lovely day at Meadow Hall and nearly stopped at the Mustard Pot on the Woodhead Pass on the way home (but alas I have an outfit for a wedding in a couple of weeks .....and need to fit in it...lol)and all that more than makes up for the large home we left in Aus....swings and roundabouts.....all the best and good look.....
Old Aug 7th 2010, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone
Brits1 good to hear your settling in very well and it making me feel even more homesick.
Bad news have not sold the house, couple have viewed it 3 times and have now discoved that they can't get a mortgage nothing like stringing us along, anyway maybe a while before we get back
But I'm determined to get there!!!!

xxx
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sh@! about the house, so sorry to hear that, were they with a real estate agent, I thought they would have worked that out first.......3 times OMG!
Good luck are you in one of those areas with an abundance of houses for sale, it is awful here and I know it would be years before we would sell........
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:32 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
but as I am writing this in the small box room we use as a study I am lookind directly onto the farm hills and can see the cows and sheep....
Oh that sounds perfect!! Can you post a picture of your view?
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone
Brits1 good to hear your settling in very well and it making me feel even more homesick.
Bad news have not sold the house, couple have viewed it 3 times and have now discoved that they can't get a mortgage nothing like stringing us along, anyway maybe a while before we get back
But I'm determined to get there!!!!

xxx
Sorry about the house....it also happend to us...although for us we had two offers.....both signed sealed and we thought each time...sold.....both buyers were from overseas (middle East and Asia) and each time they could not supply the correct information....finance details etc....one couple had to leave Aus as they "snook" in.....but in the end we got there....or should I say...here....(being home)..it's not a great feeling being let down....but stick with it....your agent like both our agents should of really checked these details before getting your hopes up....maybe think of changing your agent....we took our home of the market for a couple of months then put it on again towards the end of September.....good luck....
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Oh that sounds perfect!! Can you post a picture of your view?
After all this time on expats I still do not know how to do that....post pictures....and I thought I was very good with computers....any help and I will "post" away....lol....
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Sorry about the house....it also happend to us...although for us we had two offers.....both signed sealed and we thought each time...sold.....both buyers were from overseas (middle East and Asia) and each time they could not supply the correct information....finance details etc....one couple had to leave Aus as they "snook" in.....but in the end we got there....or should I say...here....(being home)..it's not a great feeling being let down....but stick with it....your agent like both our agents should of really checked these details before getting your hopes up....maybe think of changing your agent....we took our home of the market for a couple of months then put it on again towards the end of September.....good luck....
It's funny to say you took your house off the market because that's what we've done. After speaking to another agent we decided to give it a rest for a few months and try again. Hope we are home for xmas
Old Oct 21st 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Just to let you know we have sold the house at last, and will be going back to the UK next month. Get to spend xmas at home and I can't wait!!!!
Good luck to everyone making the move back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.