Going home!!!

Old May 29th 2010, 4:57 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going home!!!

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I've been gone so long I don't even know who Katherine Jenkins is
She is the new Force's sweetheart, a fantastic singer and gorgeous to boot. I first heard her singing the Welsh national anthem when Wales played Australia in 2006 and was completely bowled over. Unlike Charlotte Church, who has turned into a complete tart, Katherine Jenkins has retained a really genuine, nice personality (having said that, she also had the b*lls to admit to using drugs in her early days, but not in an attention-grabbing way). She's a dote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u5FZ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmtNojUhJE&feature=fvw
Old May 29th 2010, 11:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I looked her up, gorgeous voice and beautiful too.
I shouldn't have clicked that rugby one, made me all teary singing the National Anthem
Old May 30th 2010, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I looked her up, gorgeous voice and beautiful too.
I shouldn't have clicked that rugby one, made me all teary singing the National Anthem
Made me teary too, and I'm not even from Wales
Old May 30th 2010, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone I hope we all get to where we want to be!!!
Those from Wales too!!!!!!
I had to laugh the other day, two aussie hairdressers talking about moving to a better country and where would they like to go. It just shows that the grass in not always greener wherever your from!!!!!

Clare x
Old May 31st 2010, 4:27 am
Just Joined

corinamac has a spectacular aura aboutcorinamac has a spectacular aura aboutcorinamac has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Steveclare
Thanks everyone I hope we all get to where we want to be!!!
Those from Wales too!!!!!!
I had to laugh the other day, two aussie hairdressers talking about moving to a better country and where would they like to go. It just shows that the grass in not always greener wherever your from!!!!!

Clare x

Hi Clare we are going back to yorkshire too at the end of Auust after only being here since end of Jan-whereabouts in Yorkshire are you going to?
Old May 31st 2010, 12:37 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corinamac
Hi Clare we are going back to yorkshire too at the end of Auust after only being here since end of Jan-whereabouts in Yorkshire are you going to?
Where have you been living since end Jan?
Don't you think that's too soon to decide you don't like a place? lol
Old May 31st 2010, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salopian
Good luck. Hope everything works out for you. The thought of growing old in Oz is terrifying!
Likewise.Agree a scarey prospect growing old in Australia but find the prospect almost as daunting here in London also.
Not perhaps for the same reasons. Will take a look at Yorkshire myself mid next month.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by corinamac
Hi
We are going to a small town just outside York, whereabouts are you??
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:45 am
Just Joined

welsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant futurewelsh _lass has a brilliant future

Good luck with your move! We're going home after nearly 3 years in Sydney, can't wait!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Just thought I would share our decision to move back to the UK after nearly 2years in Townsville. It's been a hard decision but after spending Easter back home I realised how much myself and my daughter are missing out on family and UK life!! I can't believe how much I miss English life, walking in the country and everyone saying hello it was such a contrast from here where I am lucky if I get a grunt from fellow walkers.

I still have my ups and downs of "are we making the right decision" but when I think of spending the rest of my life here I just can't imagine it.
Being around my family and friends is just so much more important, although I wish I could take my house and garden with me.

All the best to those who decide to go home!!!!
Hi you will get ups and downs..it is a big decision and also we found it hard when people in Aus kept saying we were mad to even think of going back but you have to do what is right for you and yours....not others...we have been back home now near Manchester for about 4 weeks and we are loving it...especially our two teenage sons....at this very moment we are at my brother and sister in laws "baby sitting" and just listening to even our oldest who is 19 laughing and messing around with his much younger cousins is worth all the stress...loss of money and worry we went through for 2 years while making the "move" home.....but thats our story.....we are still trying to find a rental at the moment....we might even buy....but I have learnt to worry only when I have to....lol...not easy at times...our small dog arrives on Friday..my Dad who we are staying with is sooooo not into having pets now he is older but he'll have to while we are staying with him..lol...we have bought a car...and now just have to look at the colleges for our youngest...so still a lot to do...but everyone we have met has been so helpful...and really no comments about "your mad to be back...etc"....the world cup is nearly here so our boys are thrilled...even the weather has not been bad...if it has rained....it is usually at night....and when it is nice....it's very,very nice.....but then the weather was never an issue with us as we really did not like the hot weather we had to put up with every year in Perth....good luck to everyone....and for us...it really is not bad at all to be home....very nice.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Where have you been living since end Jan?
Don't you think that's too soon to decide you don't like a place? lol
I have met loads who have decided to go back after ...well some even weeks....of arriving in their new countries....honestly even I thought at the time....how can you know....but for the ones I am still in touch with many moons later..they are still 100% sure they made the correct decision to move back home....
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:10 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I have met loads who have decided to go back after ...well some even weeks....of arriving in their new countries....honestly even I thought at the time....how can you know....but for the ones I am still in touch with many moons later..they are still 100% sure they made the correct decision to move back home....
I guess some people just know it's wrong!
For me the first year was so busy I didn't even have time to think about England at all. It was only after I went back for a week that I started getting homesick, now I think about England all the time!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:26 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Efallai , namyn Sir Efrog ewigod mo ca Katherine Jenkins
does that mean "There once was a man called Sir Efrog..and he "ewigoded" Katherine Jenkins?"
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:28 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penury
its probably because more people emigrated from Yorkshire than Wales

I wonder, do Welsh people tend to stay put, & not emigrate as much as others do in the rest of the UK
Its because the welsh would miss their sheep too much...
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:13 am
Just Joined

corinamac has a spectacular aura aboutcorinamac has a spectacular aura aboutcorinamac has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We are going to a small town just outside York, whereabouts are you??
We are going to Snaith about 25 mins from York!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.