Going Home!

Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Going Home!

Someone mentioned selling their furniture to pay for their dog to be in quarantine for 3 months when they moved back to the UK. I thought you could get immediate release now?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
Someone mentioned selling their furniture to pay for their dog to be in quarantine for 3 months when they moved back to the UK. I thought you could get immediate release now?
I think they need the money for the flight, seems to be quit costly.

I just seen that you in Hawaii, if there would be one place I would like to live that's Hawaii.....got married there, but I guess even Paradise has its faults if you live there..or not?

Last edited by eurotramp; Jan 17th 2006 at 7:45 am.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Going Home!

Hi it was us that sold all for the dog, and worth every penny because we'd gone to canada on the provincial nominee program, the move out there went really fast, the dog had to have rabies shots before we could take her out with us to canada, the problem arose when things didn't work out with the job and we decided to return to the uk, the dog had six months before she could come back and live with us in the uk from the date of the rabies shot, which ment that we could come back in october, we could either put her in quarantine in the uk untill january or leave her in canada, she stayed with a lady thats just starting up kennels in Calgary, she's been fantastic. we got the dog back on friday looking better than ever.
we now have one happy complete family.
and yes it is very expensive to kennel and transport pets it cost us $2000 for kennels and $2400 for transporting
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I think they need the money for the flight, seems to be quit costly.

I just seen that you in Hawaii, if there would be one place I would like to live that's Hawaii.....got married there, but I guess even Paradise has its faults if you live there..or not?
Yes we live in Hawaii (Oahu) and Oh YES Hawaii has it's faults, but so does everywhere, some more than others. It definitely is not paradise, not this island anyway, maybe the other islands are less crowded and built up, maybe the traffic is not as bad as it is here, but this island is definitely not paradise. Some of the reasons I want to leave are personal such as missing family, and just not really getting over the homesickness and feeling of displacement after a year here. Unemployment is high here, the cost of living is way high! There is a lot of resistance to outsiders from the locals, there is a lot of poverty, crime, drug abuse, homelessness etc. but we are here with the military so we cannot just up and leave, we have another two years here and there is no guarantee that we will be assigned back to the UK when it is time to leave, we can request it and then just hope.

Shelly1, I am glad to hear your dog is home safe and sound, if we keep our dog and cats upto date with their shots I am hoping for immediate release when we get to the UK (or wherever we end up! LOL)
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:09 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking of starting the PETS scheme for my dog now. Not that there are any plans to move back as yet But, if for some reason we have to suddenly leave, like my OH loses his job for example, at least she won't have to do 6 months in quarantine and will be ready to go.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

What is the PETS scheme? Can you direct me to any links for it?
Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:10 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
What is the PETS scheme? Can you direct me to any links for it?
Thanks
Here's one: http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...pets/index.htm - but a search for threads on PETs, DEFRA, quarantine, etc., should pull up stacks of useful information from just the past 12 months on this forum.