Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Originally Posted by clivey
The trouble is Mike I don't know when I am at my happiest!! I came back to Uk because I was unhappy in Oz, but I can see very quickly I will be more unhappy here! It is very confusing at times. God I hope I don't become a "boomerang pom". I find here in Worcester anyway, the frustrations that led me away from England are still here of course.
It sounds to me that the number one thing is you need is to be back with your family (well, your children anyway) - so, back to Perth with you!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is Mike I don't know when I am at my happiest!! I came back to Uk because I was unhappy in Oz, but I can see very quickly I will be more unhappy here! It is very confusing at times. God I hope I don't become a "boomerang pom". I find here in Worcester anyway, the frustrations that led me away from England are still here of course.
You have 3/4 kids (I cant remember) in Australia, that doent make you a boomarang pom it makes you someone who loves the kids, go back for a few years it might not be where you want to be but its where the kids are. and thats the most important bit.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:25 pm
ozpom

barrylewis7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Clivey, I migrated to Oz 36 years ago, for the first 7 years I was terribly homesick and wanted to return 'home'. Over the years I have had many friends who could not make up their minds and shifted back and forth and were never happy in either country because of this. The secret is 'commitment'. I made a commitment to life in Oz after my first holiday in the UK in 77 and I have never looked back. I have enjoyed many happy and prosperous years since then. Sure there are things I still miss about England, and some things I still don't like about Oz, but on balance, I reckon I did the right thing and my family enjoy a great lifestyle. There is no such place as 'Utopia'. Being a redhead I burn easily and am not all that keen on the heat, but airconditioning in both home and car fixed one problem and keeping covered solved the other.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:43 am
wombat42

Another update although infrequent. I have decided I am going to go back to Rockingham, Perth just before Christmas. I have missed my family a lot more than I thought I would. Living in England has had its ups and downs. The traffic has been driving me nuts!!! I must have ben spoiled in Perth.It was never this bad.
The money that I get from my job, and it is a fairly well paid job, gives me a lifestyle of sharing a house and generally a struggle no easier than Perth. True there are lots to do and see, and I am doing that but I think that by Christmas I would have had enough. As I was 13 years in Perth I am able to compare fairly well. The heat in Oz was the main factor. I shall have to cope with it the best I can. Air con in house etc.I hopethat I'm not "betraying" this forum but thats what I have decided.
If you don't like the heat why move to Perth, it probably has the hottest summers of any Australian capital city, what about Melbourne its cold most of the year , even Tasmania, its climate is almost the same as England.
Some Poms seem to think Australia consists of Perth only.

Last edited by wombat42; Oct 12th 2004 at 12:51 am.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:49 am
wombat42

Another term is a " Ping Pong Pom " as well as a " Boomerang Pom"