Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Old Aug 31st 2004, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

clivey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Another update although infrequent. I have decided I am going to go back to Rockingham, Perth just before Christmas. I have missed my family a lot more than I thought I would. Living in England has had its ups and downs. The traffic has been driving me nuts!!! I must have ben spoiled in Perth.It was never this bad.
The money that I get from my job, and it is a fairly well paid job, gives me a lifestyle of sharing a house and generally a struggle no easier than Perth. True there are lots to do and see, and I am doing that but I think that by Christmas I would have had enough. As I was 13 years in Perth I am able to compare fairly well. The heat in Oz was the main factor. I shall have to cope with it the best I can. Air con in house etc.I hopethat I'm not "betraying" this forum but thats what I have decided.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Originally Posted by clivey
Another update although infrequent. I have decided I am going to go back to Rockingham, Perth just before Christmas. I have missed my family a lot more than I thought I would. Living in England has had its ups and downs. The traffic has been driving me nuts!!! I must have ben spoiled in Perth.It was never this bad.
The money that I get from my job, and it is a fairly well paid job, gives me a lifestyle of sharing a house and generally a struggle no easier than Perth. True there are lots to do and see, and I am doing that but I think that by Christmas I would have had enough. As I was 13 years in Perth I am able to compare fairly well. The heat in Oz was the main factor. I shall have to cope with it the best I can. Air con in house etc.I hopethat I'm not "betraying" this forum but thats what I have decided.
If you don't go to where you're happiest, you'd certainly be betraying yourself. Best of luck
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Good for you, I was in the uk in September and spent most of the time in a traffic queue, and I complained about speed cameras here, but I was in south london, Croydon actaully and in one stretch of road I counted 4 fixed cameras and others doted all over, and dont even talk about Motorways,dont see why, you spend most of the time in a queue you cant reach the speed limit it certainly has got worse since I was there 6 years ago, traffic, and just grey and grubby. Dont get me wrong not running the uk down lived there for 38 years and have sisters and brothers still there , but it does seem to be going down hill.

Good luck back in Rockingham, know it well I live in Mandurah. Tell me about the heat, got to 42 degrees last year I run a painting business and a lot of my work is outside.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 12:32 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Clivey..go where you are happiest. All the very best and pls keep us posted.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 1:38 pm
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Clivey - could you tell us more about Rockingham? We're thinking of choosing Rockingham as our first destination. Any info would be good.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

wilko_1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi clivey,

Good luck to you back in Oz. I lived in Rockingham (only for 5 months before returning to UK).

May I ask, are you British? How long have you been in the UK?

Best regards

Wilko
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:01 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Clivey,

I think that wherever we live in the world there will be things that we like and things we don't but when your family (especially kids) are on the other side of the world I think that it makes you realise what acutally is important to you and what isn't. Good luck with you life back in Perth and no you are definately not betraying anyone on here you have to follow your heart and where you will be happiest at. You have tried living back here again and it hasn't worked out, you know the saying nothing ventured nothing gained. Keep us posted Clivey as to how you are doing

Susan
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Talking Re: Going to give Oz another chance!!!!!

Originally Posted by kg
Clivey - could you tell us more about Rockingham? We're thinking of choosing Rockingham as our first destination. Any info would be good.
hiya KG

We've lived in Rockingham for 2 years now and we've been very happy here. Plenty of people on the Australia forum knock it but personally I've found that it's much better than some of the northern suburbs in many ways. I guess it depends what you're looking for!!

Try this link for starters: www.annabella.net/rockmap.html

I don't normally post on this forum...but I am a bit of a lurker as hubby has been posting here lately!! mmm!

love sophia x
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope it works out for you back here in Oz. They say it sometimes takes a trip back to make you realise why you left!

I can relate to the traffic issues well, we used to live near Croydon and it was a nightmare. I don't know what traffic is up here now
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:29 pm
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Clivey, keep us posted.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wilko_1984
Hi clivey,

Good luck to you back in Oz. I lived in Rockingham (only for 5 months before returning to UK).

May I ask, are you British? How long have you been in the UK?

Best regards

Wilko

Yes I am British. Born and bred in Worcester. Been in Rockingham, Perth for 13years from Feb 91-May 2004
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:20 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am British. Born and bred in Worcester. Been in Rockingham, Perth for 13years from Feb 91-May 2004
Good luck Clivey second time around. Hope it all works out for you.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kg
Okay. Best to have a look on the net. Rockingham is a coastal city about 45Km South of Perth. Population I think of about 80,000. No train line as yet. People do commute to Perth for work. If you can find a well paid job in Rockingham you are doing well. A lot of English seem to settle there I suppose because the house prices are (were) quite good. It has from memory 5 pubs, huge shopping centre, good access on the roads, never far from the beach. Are you emigrating or holidaying? I will be going back in December.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
If you don't go to where you're happiest, you'd certainly be betraying yourself. Best of luck
The trouble is Mike I don't know when I am at my happiest!! I came back to Uk because I was unhappy in Oz, but I can see very quickly I will be more unhappy here! It is very confusing at times. God I hope I don't become a "boomerang pom". I find here in Worcester anyway, the frustrations that led me away from England are still here of course.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:37 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is Mike I don't know when I am at my happiest!! I came back to Uk because I was unhappy in Oz, but I can see very quickly I will be more unhappy here! It is very confusing at times. God I hope I don't become a "boomerang pom". I find here in Worcester anyway, the frustrations that led me away from England are still here of course.
You sound very confused! maybe it does'nt matter where you live and there are other issues that you need to deal with first before you make your final decision to return
best of luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.