Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going in circles re pet papers

Going in circles re pet papers

Old Sep 2nd 2016, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

pammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going in circles re pet papers

Can anyone link me to where I can print off the paperwork for pet passports, looking to use air Transat who said they had room, thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 1:36 pm
Aoi
Forum Regular

Aoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond reputeAoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going in circles re pet papers

You need a pet passport for your dog, cat or ferret if they’ll be travelling:
* within the EU
* from the EU to a listed or unlisted country and then returning to the EU - you can’t do this after your pet’s rabies vaccination has expired
You can get a Pet Passport from certain vets in EU countries, certain EU territories and some non-EU countries.
https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview

If they’re coming from outside the EU, you need a third-country official veterinary certificate if they don’t have an EU pet passport. You must use the new health certificate from 1 September 2016.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...hird-countries
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pammy68
Can anyone link me to where I can print off the paperwork for pet passports, looking to use air Transat who said they had room, thanks
You don't say where you are travelling from.. but this thread has a lot of information about pet travel.
A pet will need a chip and then, rabies shot ( 30 days prior to travel into the UK I think) administered by vet who will also issue a pet passport.
Also you will need to clear the paperwork at heathrow LHR, and they have a pre arrival paperwork check which means you can get your pet out quicker than several hours after landing.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...er-dog-881492/

and Flying with cat / pet (from New York) to London England - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Sep 4th 2016, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

pammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond reputepammy68 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, Canada to the UK, is all the paperwork handled by the vet then or do I have to fill something in, I did call air transat cargo and they made it sound easy, just trying to find suitable crate thats big enough and approved, any ideas?
Old Sep 4th 2016, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pammy68
Sorry, Canada to the UK, is all the paperwork handled by the vet then or do I have to fill something in, I did call air transat cargo and they made it sound easy, just trying to find suitable crate thats big enough and approved, any ideas?

I found this thread on someone's experience on flying dogs and cats to UK from Canada- mentions the airlines etc. and requirements. Vet papers are v important, re the carrier paperwork, ask for a sample so you can see what is needed perhaps... I do not know re this.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...ada-uk-807753/

Crate sizes are regulated by IATA, see below for measurements relating to dog size and weight.

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/l...ges/index.aspx

Uk regs here: https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview
also applies to bringing animals into the uk...

The pre arrival paperwork check by Animal Reception Centre at Heathrow is mentioned here

Flying with cat / pet (from New York) to London England - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Sep 4th 2016, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just ensure the dog carrier /sky kennel is IATA compliant. It will have a label saying so.
Petmate do some.

Also found this article

5 Best Pet Carriers And Tips For Safe Airline Cargo Flights | Petslady.com

Also I recall one has to have stickers saying live animal on the carrier and clip on water bowls, which some makes include.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Amazon.Com if you live close to the boarder had best prices on crates when we took are Lab from Canada to UK via Holland last year with Air Transit.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:59 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

We got suitable containers for our cats to travel on Air Transat from Petsmart.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone confirm if any airlines allow you to do this yourself, seems the ones I've tried all use third party shippers eg boomerang, gets so pricey abd tbh things are beyond tight also a lot seem to want me to travel with or within so many days of my pet, this won't be possible if I have to wait more than a week
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:27 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

When I used Air Transat, they insisted on using a third party. I used PetsAway. Their website has some useful info on the paperwork needed. I thought Air Canada didn't insist on using an agent, but they fly to Heathrow. Air Transat fly to Gatwick, which has a faster Animal Reception Centre.

But most of the cost is the airline, not the agent, so you don't save much by doing it yourself.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe that any pet travel into the UK has to be organised with an agent, its a goverment regulation...it only changed in the last 5 or so years, according to most people in the veterinary field (my GF worked in that field and dealt with a lot of pet exports)

Boomerang were fantastic for us and I'd highly recommend them (well, it's just one woman herself, but you know...)
Old Sep 6th 2016, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

We completely arranged are own travel with Air Transit, arrived via Amsterdam then took car ferry Think the cost was about $250
Old Sep 6th 2016, 3:59 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
We completely arranged are own travel with Air Transit, arrived via Amsterdam then took car ferry Think the cost was about $250
You mean $250 for the ferry?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Editha
You mean $250 for the ferry?
No $250 for flight

Flying With Pets and Airline-Approved Pet Carriers | Air Transat
Price has increased slightly from last October

Rates and charges shown apply only to animals checked into the cargo hold. Service animals on duty in the passenger cabin fly free. At airports outside of Canada, actual amounts may vary and will be charged in the currency used in the departure airport.

To and from Europe: CAD $275 each way per animal.

Think ferry was about 200GBP including cabin and dog in kennel
Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:42 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Air Transat have changed their policy. In 2014 you had to use an agent. But I think the price was about the same. I haven't kept a record. We had 2 cats, so 2x the $.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.