Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Going Back To England For A Visit

Going Back To England For A Visit

Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back To England For A Visit

i love snowballs..

I got mates over here from the uk at the moment.. i have not touched the mince pies she got me.. scoffed my way thru 3 battenburgs tho, got one that is staring at me left...
Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshDoll
Hey Englishtart - love your avatar!

I am heading back to Cheshire on the 10th November for 2 weeks, I will wave to Stockport Pyramid on approach if you like! I am intending to resist the temptation of a curry from the Raj in the village (just so yum) but with everyone mentioning them I don't know if my willpower will be strong enough. I am looking forward to shopping at a decent supermarket to bring back Sainsburys Red Label tea, chocolate advent calendars and these, lots of them:

http://www.britishdelights.com/images/tu02.jpg
Thanx

Why would you want to avoid a curry That would be one of my first treats! Yummy....yeah, give Stockport a wave for me, hoping to get there myself next year.

Love those snowballs
Old Oct 30th 2009, 3:54 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Dec 26th - Jan 14th. Flying back Chicago to Birmingham via Dublin with Aer Lingus. Will be visiting parents in Wales, family & friends in Coventry and my daughter, sister and I are going to York for a couple of days. Can't wait.

My husband is there right now for a week and I've just had an e mail saying he is in ASDA right now & bringing Jaffa Cakes and Cadbury's Turkish Delight.. big bars!! Milky Bars too!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:13 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshDoll
I am intending to resist the temptation of a curry from the Raj in the village (just so yum) but with everyone mentioning them I don't know if my willpower will be strong enough.
No curry? Waste of a flight!

I'll be landing in LHR tomorrow at about 7.30pm. Hotel by 9pm, Indian by 9.30...
Old Oct 31st 2009, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

What would you brits eat without all your immigrants?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

I'll be back for my annual 2 week visit in March. Will probably follow the same agenda for the first coupld of days as last year.
Land at Heathrow at noon, fish and chips for lunch, in the pub with with my best mate drinking a pint of real ale by 2pm. Then curry house for dinner. Back to pub and meet other mates, forget that I'm a lightweight now and get in a mess, then kebab on the way home. Fry up at greasy spoon the next morning and repeat.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ni idea about the UK ..but I read that the price of car rental in the US has doubles in the last few months ..at airports

http://news.limobroker.co.uk/cost-of...d-by-50-25540/
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
No curry? Waste of a flight!

I'll be landing in LHR tomorrow at about 7.30pm. Hotel by 9pm, Indian by 9.30...

Toilet by 10:00pm

Jim.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

miss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to allmiss_monkey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonrob
Nice one. Hope you have a great time.

I'm off to London next weekend. Work trip - and only for a week - but enough time to squeeze in a few jars and curries with mates and bring back a case of Pot Noodles!
Please tell me you're going to bring something better than a pot noodle!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
Ni idea about the UK ..but I read that the price of car rental in the US has doubles in the last few months ..at airports

http://news.limobroker.co.uk/cost-of...d-by-50-25540/
The UK is already far more expensive for car rental and gas than the US, but what can people do?

You can't get from Heathrow to Liverpool more cheaply any other way, especially if you have several people in the car.

btw Jim, my wife and I will be flying out of Heathrow on 9th December to start our new US life, but headed to Seattle.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:33 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Currently making plans to go back to the UK, between November 28th & December 9th.

Flying on AA on one of their Boeing 777s from Chicago to Heathrow and then renting a Renault Espace, from Avis. Will be taking a few road trips with the UK part of the family.

Jim.
Police alerted... another scouser loose.

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Will probably do some areas in the Lake District, as well as the Blackpool Illuminations and North Wales. too.

Will be staying just across the Mersey from Liverpool.

Jim.
You going to see any football games? I am orginally from The Wirral and been here 2 years not been back to England yet myself.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:21 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maggs
Dec 26th - Jan 14th. Flying back Chicago to Birmingham via Dublin with Aer Lingus. Will be visiting parents in Wales, family & friends in Coventry and my daughter, sister and I are going to York for a couple of days. Can't wait.

My husband is there right now for a week and I've just had an e mail saying he is in ASDA right now & bringing Jaffa Cakes and Cadbury's Turkish Delight.. big bars!! Milky Bars too!
Apart from the Coventry bit, it sounds lovely.

Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulinespens
You going to see any football games? I am orginally from The Wirral and been here 2 years not been back to England yet myself.
Probably not. But, it looks as though our two closest friends are going with us, so, we may end up doing something like that.

I think we're going to visit Bath, at sometime during the trip, too.

Jim.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great trip!

We just got back from a 10 day visit...spent a day in London, then the rest of the time in the East Midlands.

Didn't manage to get any pot noodles in, but did have an indecent amount of proper chipshop chips, English breakfasts, a good curry, good sausages, sunday lunch, cornish pasties and a kebab!

Amazing how most expats here are somewhat obsessive about food on trips back....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.