Wikiposts

GMTV.. want a laugh?

Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:31 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GMTV.. want a laugh?

Originally Posted by brits1
LOL....yeah they'd have to slap on so much make up, have high hair and say "mate" to everyone.....all with a stuck on smile....I watched a programme when we were "back home" a couple of years ago and I could not believe it...it sounded a fantastic place...the home looked okay and the area that was shown looked very trendy with coffee places etc and some nice pubs.....it even made me look forward to coming back to Aus. lol...but then and here's the crunch..the area was Armadale...now not knocking Armadale (know a few people who live there) but it certainly is not the place the t.v. show made it out to be AND....well the Pubs...there is only one decent pub and that's the Elzabethan...all the others are really,really Ferral...with a captial F.....just goes to show how they can "paint" anywhere to make it look good......and yes some friends have seen GMTV ...luckily they have been to visit and know what it is like here.....makes you wonder how much the Australian Toursit Board are paying GMTV....lol.....
Whats the deal with the elizbethan pub though when they got the bloke singing and playing the guitar , its hardly background music ,you honestly have to sit out side with the bilbeys if u want a conversation .
Everytime ive been there its people in groups of 4s and 6s all sitting there gormless because they are forced to listen to that shite .
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
oh piss off
Now you see what we have to put up with in Perth....not just the boring stuff but comments like that.....wish I'd be able to bump into people like that in the exciting Woolies....oh I do...lol....that's why we are out of here.....lol
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Whats the deal with the elizbethan pub though when they got the bloke singing and playing the guitar , its hardly background music ,you honestly have to sit out side with the bilbeys if u want a conversation .
Everytime ive been there its people in groups of 4s and 6s all sitting there gormless because they are forced to listen to that shite .
What do you think they put into the "home made beer"...lol....I did say it was the only decent pub in Armadale (well it's in Bedfordale) and the other pubs are really,really ferral...so it makes it look a hell of a lot better....lol...yep know just what you mean about the music...my OH said "beam me up right now"...last time we went in....meedless to say my Dad who's 80 on his last visit here to Aus...loved the music....lol....say no more....lol...you have to start worrying when you think pub's like this are good.......woops here comes the Yellow Van....
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by M.V.P
You're more than welcome.

I'm chilled now, but it does wind me up how people are so negative about where they've moved to. Makes me wonder why they move there in the first place

It doesn't really spread much hope to those looking to make the move when everyone is so negative?!

And as far as I can see (queue angry retorts) not everyone who emigrates has a crap time of it? It's only the minority...? Granted they all seem to congregate on this forum...
And your on this site because?........what you want to spread love and happiness around...lol....some of us have been here for a while...and just find it is time to move on....and some of us going back have had a good time here, some have even done very well for themselves and a few have had a hard time here and some have just not liked it at all..some for family reasons and some because they cannot leave Aus for some other reason.....so I think it is a bit arrogant of you to say we are all negative.....you know the saying "walk a mile in someones shoes".....amazing really how many migrants jump on to this site to put people down when really not many of us go onto the "coming to Aus" site and start sprouting "your mad.mad.mad"....
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
Gosh, dont you helecopter to work like the rest of us then?
No we all live right on the Ocean....(don't get stuck in traffic jams with mad,driving all around)....do the beach run or swim...shower off...have breakfast on the balcony...watch the dolphins swim by....walk to the private jetty and sail into work.....bliss....oh...just woke up....
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:03 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
And your on this site because?........what you want to spread love and happiness around...lol....some of us have been here for a while...and just find it is time to move on....and some of us going back have had a good time here, some have even done very well for themselves and a few have had a hard time here and some have just not liked it at all..some for family reasons and some because they cannot leave Aus for some other reason.....so I think it is a bit arrogant of you to say we are all negative.....you know the saying "walk a mile in someones shoes".....amazing really how many migrants jump on to this site to put people down when really not many of us go onto the "coming to Aus" site and start sprouting "your mad.mad.mad"....
Yep, funny that isnt it? You will never see me in the Aus section crushing someones dream by telling them they are a failure in UK because they want to leave. In fact i dont think theres many of us here who have from recollection.

Those of us with a modicom of insight can see why these morons continuously come in here doing this sort of crap. It has far more to do with THEM and their demons than it ever is about ours.
But hey, it keeps me amused and entertained
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
If the presenters think OZ is so great, why don't they move there instead...they wouldn't last 2 mins.
I would have thought they were simply reading what was on the autocue that had been written by some editor so they fulfilled their contracts in order to get paid obscene amounts of money. I never watched it when I lived there but I wouldn't think the presenters think up the reports and do the research etc They'd be hard pressed to move here, I can't imagine any of them have the skills to get a visa.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 2:23 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M.V.P
You're more than welcome.

I'm chilled now, but it does wind me up how people are so negative about where they've moved to. Makes me wonder why they move there in the first place

It doesn't really spread much hope to those looking to make the move when everyone is so negative?!

And as far as I can see (queue angry retorts) not everyone who emigrates has a crap time of it? It's only the minority...? Granted they all seem to congregate on this forum...
Coming in late, so the train's probably left, but...

It's not hard to imagine that people make a move with high hopes and are disappointed. Never tried something -- a new food, a holiday place, a date-- with high hopes and found it not what you expected?

Er, you're surprised that the moving back forum is the hang out for those who didn't like it? Where else would they be?

As it happens, I spent over 30 years in Canada and it wasn't crap or I'd have been out of there. Still glad to be back.

But if you want hope, why aren't you on the other parts of this site where the contented emigrants hang out?

The thing is, it's no one here's duty to make you hopeful, and sometimes people feel they should toss some warnings, so others will go into the adventure with a better idea about possible problems. That's more likely to make the new life work, don't you think?

Bev
Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=brits1;8017632].....you know the saying "walk a mile in someones shoes".....

And you'll be a mile away and still have their shoes.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

pammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to allpammiej is a name known to all

and to be honest, I wish I had found this site before I made the move....would have at least forced me to think twice before making the move, which inevitably like other hopeful emigrants, we still would have made!!!

I can't watch these types of shows anymore - they make me so angry....just the thought of the false hope being portrayed - but for those intending to make the move, be prepared and be realistic - it is not and never will be a bed of roses just as returning the UK is not perfect nor the easy solution - it is actually harder to be back and to start all over again and thats without the benefit of the enthusiasm and drive that compelled you in the original move - you come back slightly jaded, knocked back and knowing you have a much harder slog the second time round.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pammiej
and to be honest, I wish I had found this site before I made the move....would have at least forced me to think twice before making the move, which inevitably like other hopeful emigrants, we still would have made!!!

I can't watch these types of shows anymore - they make me so angry....just the thought of the false hope being portrayed - but for those intending to make the move, be prepared and be realistic - it is not and never will be a bed of roses just as returning the UK is not perfect nor the easy solution - it is actually harder to be back and to start all over again and thats without the benefit of the enthusiasm and drive that compelled you in the original move - you come back slightly jaded, knocked back and knowing you have a much harder slog the second time round.
Good post pammiej!It got me thinking about when my parents emigrated to Oz way back in 1970!All they had was a couple of thin brochures from Oz house in London.Us kids were amazed in one of the photo's that kids were eating their lunches outside!!!!Sounds ridiculous now does'nt it?