Wikiposts

GMTV.. want a laugh?

Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:32 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GMTV.. want a laugh?

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
You know......you make this sound very appetizing and I don`t even like soup.
Awww i reckon you'd like my soup. Puts hairs on your chest

Not that i have hairs on mine you understand!!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:55 am
Account Closed

M.V.P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Spoken as a true newbie

Thanks for a laugh
You're more than welcome.

I'm chilled now, but it does wind me up how people are so negative about where they've moved to. Makes me wonder why they move there in the first place

It doesn't really spread much hope to those looking to make the move when everyone is so negative?!

And as far as I can see (queue angry retorts) not everyone who emigrates has a crap time of it? It's only the minority...? Granted they all seem to congregate on this forum...
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:06 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Maybe. Just maybe. They're immigrants, working hard to forge a new life in a new country. Some people move to a new country (any country, not just Australia) and try and fit in because it's their new home. Perhaps the fact that you don't understand this, in common with a high percentage of posters in this section of the site, is reflected in the fact that you're now back in the yookay.

I mean, isn't the battle cry of the disaffected English that all these Indians, Pakistanis and Poles should fit in and adopt the ways of their new country?

They come over here, take our jobs ...

Sorry that it pisses you off that some people find what they're looking for.

I'm sure the GMTV thing was a crock of shit, in fact I'm pretty certain that GMTV haven't contributed a single second of worthwhile broadcasting in their entire history. I'm also sure that the vast majority of these emigration TV shows are a crock of shit. That does not, however, mean that there's some global conspiracy going on.

We all made our beds ...
Hutch, Just stating a personal opinion from one who's been there not once but three times.That gives me the big nod to say these things on here - in the MBTUK forum especially. I'm not pissed off that some people have found what they're looking for - I've found what I'm looking for and that's all I care about. The above were my own opinions and I'm not looking for any backlash on here but hey ho, as ever there's always someone somewhere looking to set the record straight and keep me right, eh?
Cheers.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:11 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hello Pearly!! How the hell are you? Long time no hear!

Yes, i did see the idiot on the bridge. What an arse! Did you note how his accent got thicker after the interviewer mnentioned he had one ??

My life is fantastic since coming home. Mr Flea now settled in the new job, my health is improving since being put on new medications, i can walk short distances now, and my love affair with my grandchildren just gets better and better.
In the new year i am going to start study to get into nursing, keeping fingers crossed my health improves enough to do it.

I love this country. I cant be bothered answering the anti UK posts much anymore. I know its not like that for me, and thats all that matters.

Whas happening with you guys? Are you still in the job you first got?
Hi Flea,

Ooooo-er did I say the wrong thing?? ( again ) Actually I'm blaming you - you started this thread.I'm just a lowly contributor.....

All is good mate. Still in the same job and they've offered me a permanent contract. Did I tell you we bought a house in York?? Loving it here and loving being back.Dunno about you but I haven't had a single regret since we got back, I just know it was the right thing to do. All is good on the health front too.

Doncha just love this site sometimes!!???
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:19 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M.V.P
I'm chilled now, but it does wind me up how people are so negative about where they've moved to. Makes me wonder why they move there in the first place
I moved from north London to east London once and I quickly became negative about east London. I still wonder why I did it especially since I was warned that I wouldn`t like it.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:21 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
hey ho
Hey ho, lets go...That was a chant made famous by the Ramones.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:22 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Awww i reckon you'd like my soup. Puts hairs on your chest

Not that i have hairs on mine you understand!!
Something put them there and it certainly wasn`t your soup.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really spread much hope to those looking to make the move when everyone is so negative?!

And as far as I can see (queue angry retorts) not everyone who emigrates has a crap time of it? It's only the minority...? Granted they all seem to congregate on this forum...
Well, why wouldnt they congregate on a forum which is about RETURNING TO UK? This is also the "Talk about other things" part of that forum. People do need a chance to sound off - heavens above, you see them slagging off UK all the time in the other forums and it seems to be OK because UK is a sh*t h*le, going down the gurgler, third world country blah blah blah. Sauce - goose - gander!

I think it would be naive of you to expect that Australia, Canada or whichever other part of the globe you move to is going to be Utopia on wheels and so what if other folk take a poke at the country of your dreams? They have lived the reality and find it so seriously different from the reality portrayed on TV that they want to have a laugh about it.

I sincerely hope you dont find your way back in here one day when you find you are living the nightmare - for those of us who are, just knowing that our feelings are legit and perfectly normal is actually a godsend - we know we arent going bonkers.

If you dont like hearing negative stuff about the rest of the world then maybe this isnt the place for you to lurk!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

GMTV have launched this years moving down under crap every morning this week.
They really are spouting a load of shite to rake in all the miserable people living sad lives in UK looking to escape. I think its quite irresponisible the way they are going about it!!

My ex home town Sydney is on this morning. They have dragged on some couple who have been there all of 6mths!! to give advice on how to settle well.
I cant make my mind up whether the wife is down right miserable or just totally bemused. The 7yr old daughter is asked to say hi to family back home and gives a bit fat NO and a scowl to the camera. I detect all is not as well as GMTV want it to be for these people.

As in usual sensationalism journalism, insteadof giving hard facts and proper advice and pitfalls on emigrating, they have done the usual, bridge climb, sea plane trip, helicopter ride and ferry boat trips.... marvellous.... yes, most of my day to day life in Sydney was spent doing this............ NOT

All i can hope is that most people even considering moving arent thick enough to believe this bullshit
I remember they did our area on one of those shows while we were in the UK. basically we knew the house it was worth about 3 million, average migrant shack then

I love the helicopter ride episodes, so normal we do it weekly.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I remember they did our area on one of those shows while we were in the UK. basically we knew the house it was worth about 3 million, average migrant shack then

Gosh, dont you helecopter to work like the rest of us then?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

MBTTUK was not set up to "spread hope to those looking to make the move".
Its for people who for whatever reason want to go back home. Which begs the question -what are you doing on here?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 2:27 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Only weekly ,your so poor . I fly to work everyday in mine and certainly dont speak to anyone unless they have a brand new holden commodore helicoptor on their brand new commodore drive way to their new commodore home . My god man you just aint living the dream .
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Only weekly ,your so poor . I fly to work everyday in mine and certainly dont speak to anyone unless they have a brand new holden commodore helicoptor on their brand new commodore drive way to their new commodore home . My god man you just aint living the dream .
One of middle teens mates thinks he is really cool as he has a Holden T shirt, wallet, key ring.... poor kid debates the merits of ford V holden Comes over and wants to talk about the Ford ( ancient wreck of a ute ) on the driveway, asked me one day if I knew if Ford stole Holdens plans maybe he thinks I am a spy.

Poor kid I can imagine him in 10 years time
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
If the presenters think OZ is so great, why don't they move there instead...they wouldn't last 2 mins.
LOL....yeah they'd have to slap on so much make up, have high hair and say "mate" to everyone.....all with a stuck on smile....I watched a programme when we were "back home" a couple of years ago and I could not believe it...it sounded a fantastic place...the home looked okay and the area that was shown looked very trendy with coffee places etc and some nice pubs.....it even made me look forward to coming back to Aus. lol...but then and here's the crunch..the area was Armadale...now not knocking Armadale (know a few people who live there) but it certainly is not the place the t.v. show made it out to be AND....well the Pubs...there is only one decent pub and that's the Elzabethan...all the others are really,really Ferral...with a captial F.....just goes to show how they can "paint" anywhere to make it look good......and yes some friends have seen GMTV ...luckily they have been to visit and know what it is like here.....makes you wonder how much the Australian Toursit Board are paying GMTV....lol.....
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:26 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

One of middle teens mates thinks he is really cool as he has a Holden T shirt, wallet, key ring.... poor kid debates the merits of ford V holden Comes over and wants to talk about the Ford ( ancient wreck of a ute ) on the driveway, asked me one day if I knew if Ford stole Holdens plans maybe he thinks I am a spy.

Poor kid I can imagine him in 10 years time
I dont think you have embraced australian life ,there is nothing better than bathurst ,smokin it up with yer homosexual buddies and pulling on each other crankshafts and slurpin on a tinny or two of vaginal backwash . Ohhhh to be an aussie oi oi oi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.