Wikiposts

GMTV.. want a laugh?

Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GMTV.. want a laugh?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

As in usual sensationalism journalism, insteadof giving hard facts and proper advice and pitfalls on emigrating, they have done the usual, bridge climb, sea plane trip, helicopter ride and ferry boat trips.... marvellous.... yes, most of my day to day life in Sydney was spent doing this............ NOT
I don’t know what you were doing with your time in Australia, but that’s exactly how we live, I start my morning off with a jog on the beach (you know, like home and away), then it’s off to work for me in my T shirt a board shorts (no commute time, traffic doesn’t exist in Australia).

After only working until lunch time I head off for my lunch time bridge climb, once at the top, that amazing helicopter returns me to my beach side house (we all have one, cheap a chips here), I then spend my afternoon at the shops, getting in all that cheap food and drink for the BBQ that night, just before this BBQ I go for a swim on the beach... once a day isn’t enough.

I then walk home and start the BBQ, all my lovely Aussie friends arrive and we have intelligent conversations...... ah, a day of life in OZ

As if!

Originally Posted by BAY
Maybe you guys should have moved to Perth. Its a beautiful city and its just beginning to heat up with the temperature forecast to reach 32 degrees on Saturday. Lovely.
Perth? HA!

At least with the other cities you can pretend you did interesting things every day, what has Perth got? One long coast line, 1940’s attitude and a big wheel. lol.... you can’t even pretend it’s interesting.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BAY
Why so bitter everyone ? It didn't work out for you, but why do you have to be so bitter ? GMTV are doing a light weight piece on emmigrating to OZ, take it at that, its not Panorama !!
:

If you want to see bitter go and check out the PomsinOZ thread about GMTV, now that's bitter and most of the posters are still in the UK

The trouble with this sort of reporting is it's neither one thing or the other. I actually agree with you that it's supposed to be lightweight with Ben and his cakes with sprinkles (Tellytubby TV) but GMTV have tried to be clever and take it a step further without adequate research and it hasn't worked.

The guy who was asked how he got his visa didn't make it clear whether he was on an ENS or a 457. He mentioned school fees but gave no further information. Ben Shepherd hasn't got the nous to get the facts. He makes Andrew O'Keefe look hard (PS I Like AOK btw before I get slated)

It certainly gave my Australian friends a good laugh this morning after they watched it online

No mention of the difficulty of even getting a visa these days either. GMTV should either stick to light and fluffy only or do a hard hitting piece on just how hard it can be in Australia for some people and the pitfalls of certain visas. But they won't because that isn't good TV.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23
I

No mention of the difficulty of even getting a visa these days either. GMTV should either stick to light and fluffy only or do a hard hitting piece on just how hard it can be in Australia for some people and the pitfalls of certain visas. But they won't because that isn't good TV.
That’s like when you used to see people on Eastenders or Coronation St say, “that’s it, I’m leaving for Australia”... they pack their bag the same day and off to the airport they go for a new life.

Fastest Visa processing ever... and with no skills? lol

Sad thing is, people believe it’s that quick and simple. lol
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

I dont think they will appreciate my bluntness

Oh go on Flea , send them an email as an ex Sydneysider

One of my friends who was round mine this morning has been seconded to work at DIAC in Perth for 2 months so she sent an email to GMTV telling them exactly how it is for visas at the moment and that they might want to get their facts right for future programmes.

It was more than blunt Bet she doesn't get a reply
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by canadaeh
That’s like when you used to see people on Eastenders or Coronation St say, “that’s it, I’m leaving for Australia”... they pack their bag the same day and off to the airport they go for a new life.

Fastest Visa processing ever... and with no skills? lol

Sad thing is, people believe it’s that quick and simple. lol

Good point I don't watch Corrie anymore but I remember a few years ago some guy (I think it was Gail's brother lived in Canada and offered a job to Gail's older son. Off he went the next day

Then he came back and got loved up with Maria who in turn went off to Canada to live with him. I think she came back though

Yeah you're right. People do think it's that easy
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crystal23
Good point I don't watch Corrie anymore but I remember a few years ago some guy (I think it was Gail's brother lived in Canada and offered a job to Gail's older son. Off he went the next day

Then he came back and got loved up with Maria who in turn went off to Canada to live with him. I think she came back though

Yeah you're right. People do think it's that easy
Oh I just remember when I was a child watching Brookside and there was a couple moving to Turkey (a friend in the story had a place there) and just as they were getting in the car the friend called and said they can’t come... the couple then thought “what do we do” so there and then decided, “lets go to Australia instead” and off they went to the airport and got on the plane.

They never made it though, drugs in the teddy and they got caught in Thailand, lol

Why do I remember such a sad thing like that? Because I knew my mum was trying to move us to Australia and she had already been waiting 4 years for a visa... I was confused why we couldn’t go as quick as the people on the TV (I must have been about 10 at the time, lol).
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Why so bitter everyone ? It didn't work out for you, but why do you have to be so bitter ? GMTV are doing a light weight piece on emmigrating to OZ, take it at that, its not Panorama !!

Maybe you guys should have moved to Perth. Its a beautiful city and its just beginning to heat up with the temperature forecast to reach 32 degrees on Saturday. Lovely.
It did work out for me,I spent 30 years in Oz but prefer to live in the UK.I'm definately not bitter,I have a choice where I live,Oz or the UK and I chose the UK!Not everyone who leaves Oz,leaves bitter and twisted!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by canadaeh

Perth? HA!

At least with the other cities you can pretend you did interesting things every day, what has Perth got? One long coast line, 1940’s attitude and a big wheel. lol.... you can’t even pretend it’s interesting.
Originally Posted by king kong
move to perth ,i have been here 20 years ,im out of here very very soon .The only thing im bitter about is i didnt have the balls to get out years ago and got sucked in by the mcmansion big four wheel drive brigade .It a very shiny shithole in my opinion .
Have to concur with you both.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:10 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

GMTV have launched this years moving down under crap every morning this week.
They really are spouting a load of shite to rake in all the miserable people living sad lives in UK looking to escape. I think its quite irresponisible the way they are going about it!!

My ex home town Sydney is on this morning. They have dragged on some couple who have been there all of 6mths!! to give advice on how to settle well.
I cant make my mind up whether the wife is down right miserable or just totally bemused. The 7yr old daughter is asked to say hi to family back home and gives a bit fat NO and a scowl to the camera. I detect all is not as well as GMTV want it to be for these people.

As in usual sensationalism journalism, insteadof giving hard facts and proper advice and pitfalls on emigrating, they have done the usual, bridge climb, sea plane trip, helicopter ride and ferry boat trips.... marvellous.... yes, most of my day to day life in Sydney was spent doing this............ NOT

All i can hope is that most people even considering moving arent thick enough to believe this bullshit
Flea,

I saw that bit and thought it was a load of sh*te also!!!!
Infact it riled me up quite a bit.
Did you see the bit with the guy on the bridge who told the presenter he's been there 3 years and he's now "an ozzie for definate". He'd lost his accent completely.
What is it with some people that they want to give up their Uk citizenship to become wholly ozzie!!??? I just don't get it.
It's as if Australia brainwashes folk into believing it's the be all and end all!!
P*sses me off.

So, yes - I totally got what GMTV were doing there. Very see through if you've been there and done that especially.

ANYHOOO, how you doing these days Flea??? How's life??

x
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Since getting back to the UK I've realised that the only thing worthwhile watching on GMTV is the weather forecast. It's truly awful
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:25 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
What is it with some people that they want to give up their Uk citizenship to become wholly ozzie!!??? I just don't get it.
Maybe. Just maybe. They're immigrants, working hard to forge a new life in a new country. Some people move to a new country (any country, not just Australia) and try and fit in because it's their new home. Perhaps the fact that you don't understand this, in common with a high percentage of posters in this section of the site, is reflected in the fact that you're now back in the yookay.

I mean, isn't the battle cry of the disaffected English that all these Indians, Pakistanis and Poles should fit in and adopt the ways of their new country?

They come over here, take our jobs ...

It's as if Australia brainwashes folk into believing it's the be all and end all!! P*sses me off.
Sorry that it pisses you off that some people find what they're looking for.

So, yes - I totally got what GMTV were doing there. Very see through if you've been there and done that especially.
I'm sure the GMTV thing was a crock of shit, in fact I'm pretty certain that GMTV haven't contributed a single second of worthwhile broadcasting in their entire history. I'm also sure that the vast majority of these emigration TV shows are a crock of shit. That does not, however, mean that there's some global conspiracy going on.

We all made our beds ...
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Maybe. Just maybe. They're immigrants, working hard to forge a new life in a new country. Some people move to a new country (any country, not just Australia) and try and fit in because it's their new home. Perhaps the fact that you don't understand this, in common with a high percentage of posters in this section of the site, is reflected in the fact that you're now back in the yookay.

I mean, isn't the battle cry of the disaffected English that all these Indians, Pakistanis and Poles should fit in and adopt the ways of their new country?

They come over here, take our jobs ...

Sorry that it pisses you off that some people find what they're looking for.

I'm sure the GMTV thing was a crock of shit, in fact I'm pretty certain that GMTV haven't contributed a single second of worthwhile broadcasting in their entire history. I'm also sure that the vast majority of these emigration TV shows are a crock of shit. That does not, however, mean that there's some global conspiracy going on.

We all made our beds ...
Dont you talk about Lorraine Kelly like that.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:40 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Flea,

Did you see the bit with the guy on the bridge who told the presenter he's been there 3 years and he's now "an ozzie for definate". He'd lost his accent completely.
It's as if Australia brainwashes folk into believing it's the be all and end all!!
P*sses me off.

x
It would be very interesting indeed if the brit government decided to cancel out british nationality if nationality was taken out elsewhere ,my bet is that there would be alot going back on the plane . Thats a true migrant in my eyes the rest are just getting best of both worlds , put your money where your mouth is and renounce it , its not hard .
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:48 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Flea,

P*sses me off.

x
Hello Pearly!! How the hell are you? Long time no hear!

Yes, i did see the idiot on the bridge. What an arse! Did you note how his accent got thicker after the interviewer mnentioned he had one ??

My life is fantastic since coming home. Mr Flea now settled in the new job, my health is improving since being put on new medications, i can walk short distances now, and my love affair with my grandchildren just gets better and better.
In the new year i am going to start study to get into nursing, keeping fingers crossed my health improves enough to do it.

I love this country. I cant be bothered answering the anti UK posts much anymore. I know its not like that for me, and thats all that matters.

Whas happening with you guys? Are you still in the job you first got?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:50 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by livinginreality
It did work out for me,I spent 30 years in Oz but prefer to live in the UK.I'm definately not bitter,I have a choice where I live,Oz or the UK and I chose the UK!Not everyone who leaves Oz,leaves bitter and twisted!
Just most people posting on this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.