Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Giving in to the 9 year itch.q

Giving in to the 9 year itch.q

Old Jan 14th 2019, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of
Default Re: Giving in to the 9 year itch.q

The gift is in my account and the 62.5k threshold has been met.

Today is day 1.
July 13th 2019 is day 180.

Start the countdown.

What is the earliest my spouse can apply for the Visa?
Can we apply July 1st so that we can take care of biometrics (nearest office is approx 3 to 4 hours away) and then patiently wait for the final bank statement to arrive on or around the 20th of July?

Sidenote - I went ahead and booked the one way tickets on july 25th for myself and the kids, $270 per ticket was hard to pass up.
Hoping and praying priority speeds up and we don't have to go more than 2 to 3 weeks without mom!

Last edited by Wilto; Jan 14th 2019 at 2:16 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's six calendar months so you'll need to wait until after you receive the bank statement that covers at least 14 July onwards. Applying 1 July will see your application refused. You must apply after the date that appears on the documents you are using to support your application. Anything dated after the submission date will be disregarded.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It's six calendar months so you'll need to wait until after you receive the bank statement that covers at least 14 July onwards. Applying 1 July will see your application refused. You must apply after the date that appears on the documents you are using to support your application. Anything dated after the submission date will be disregarded.
Thanks BiP.

On our supporting documentation I am going back 4 years on bank account, showing paychecks, and including the relevant pay stubs to prove our income went into the same joint account.

The statement includes a lot of transactions, what is the best way to draw attention to what needs to be seen?

Highlighting?
Black line underneath?
Star / Asterisk next to the relevant transaction?
Old Jan 20th 2019, 10:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilto
Thanks BiP.

On our supporting documentation I am going back 4 years on bank account, showing paychecks, and including the relevant pay stubs to prove our income went into the same joint account.

The statement includes a lot of transactions, what is the best way to draw attention to what needs to be seen?

Highlighting?
Black line underneath?
Star / Asterisk next to the relevant transaction?
If you are relying on savings alone then you don’t need to send any documentation regarding your income, let alone four years’ worth.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

If you are relying on savings alone then you don’t need to send any documentation regarding your income, let alone four years’ worth.
I am planning on sending it as part of proof of our relationship. I am just sending January statements from 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 showing both our income in our joint account.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 11:53 am

I am planning on sending it as part of proof of our relationship. I am just sending January statements from 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 showing both our income in our joint account.
I fear you’ll only muddy the waters. Do you have joint utility bills you could send instead?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

I fear you’ll only muddy the waters. Do you have joint utility bills you could send instead?
Very valid, would hate to confuse them.

The only things we have joint are as follows -
Mortgage, Home insurance, Car insurance, property tax, car loans.

I can easily make labels for this section to make things clearer, something like this:

Document provided for proof of relationship ONLY
Not required to meet the financial requirement

Last edited by Wilto; Jan 22nd 2019 at 2:10 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 5:31 pm

Very valid, would hate to confuse them.

The only things we have joint are as follows -
Mortgage, Home insurance, Car insurance, property tax, car loans.

I can easily make labels for this section to make things clearer, something like this:

Document provided for proof of relationship ONLY
Not required to meet the financial requirement
I would say that is more than enough if you’re married for ten years. Skip the bank statements and add a covering letter each (two sides max) and progressive captioned photos of the two of you with friends and family over the course of your marriage. No more than a dozen pages worth if you’re printing digital photos.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

I would say that is more than enough if you’re married for ten years. Skip the bank statements and add a covering letter each (two sides max) and progressive captioned photos of the two of you with friends and family over the course of your marriage. No more than a dozen pages worth if you’re printing digital photos.
As always, thanks BiP.

I feel as though I have 75% of the required docs, just waiting on these 6 months.

HSBC are being a royal pain in the back side with the money, statements etc......, they will be dumped as soon as we move back,

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:43 pm

As always, thanks BiP.

I feel as though I have 75% of the required docs, just waiting on these 6 months.

HSBC are being a royal pain in the back side with the money, statements etc......, they will be dumped as soon as we move back,
Go with Nationwide. Far better than any UK high street bank.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

We have accepted an offer on the house with closing expected to take place in mid-May.

Sigh of relief as this was our biggest hurdle.

Still planning on applying mid-July for the spouse visa, myself and the kids will head over at the end of July to get the kids settled in.

Starting to become very real!
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

We have accepted an offer on the house with closing expected to take place in mid-May.

Sigh of relief as this was our biggest hurdle.

Still planning on applying mid-July for the spouse visa, myself and the kids will head over at the end of July to get the kids settled in.

Starting to become very real!
I am sure it is becoming real. We have been here ( in the uk) about 7 weeks and loving it. The weather is wonderful .. and we are looking at temps in the low 20’s for Easter weekend 🐣
Hopefully they will have figured out the issue with doing biometrics at the US immigration centers by the time you apply.

Old Apr 20th 2019, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Canadian does not help you much.
Old May 5th 2019, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Things are progress nicely, I have 3 months of original statements, just 3 more to go with the final one arriving on or around July 20th.

Can someone critique my timeline? I know it's risky, one little delay and it throws everything off but in a perfect world is this how it should/would go?

July 14 = My final statement will generate, which is the 181st day of the money being in the account (January 13th to July 14th)
July 15th = Once I can see the statement online my wife will apply via VFS website to get that ball rolling
July 17th = My family in the UK should receive the above statement and they will DX it next day from the UK to the US.
July 18/19th = Hopefully receive the statement
***somewhere in here my wife will complete her biometrics in NOLA/ATL or JAX, whichever one has the closest appointment.****
***once we get bio done we will return home and send everything off****
July 26th = I will be flying out with the kids.

Wife will suffer as she waits earnestly for emails from FCO and Sheffield.
Old May 5th 2019, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

In addition I have also located our Geico vehicle insurance which shows our policy for the last 7 years being held jointly.

I have printed off around 15 photos of us with the kids at from the past 5 years. I know you said we had enough but I am ok including this.

I'm going to place the photos on legal sized paper and explain each one, location, ages and a whos who of the family in the photos.

EDIT : I even have all of our wedding receipts from when we got marriedin 2008, do they want that too LOL!

Last edited by Wilto; May 5th 2019 at 9:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.