Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Getting a job in UK while still abroad

Getting a job in UK while still abroad

Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a job in UK while still abroad

Originally Posted by pomikev
Not just in the workplace, maybe if they stopped bombing everyone and stealing their oil.
Originally Posted by Panhandle
I think you have a point there.
Thanks for painting every American with the same brush. Because every single one of us loves guns, loves gas guzzling cars and loves to bomb people.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:59 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Thanks for painting every American with the same brush. Because every single one of us loves guns, loves gas guzzling cars and loves to bomb people.
That kind of sounds like a fun time waiting to happen.... just saying.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldollard
That kind of sounds like a fun time waiting to happen.... just saying.
Esp after a couple of shots of tequila.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:08 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass

Ah I just love America
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

just_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to alljust_jenn is a name known to all

I suppose it varies by sector but I found that no one was willing to even look at my application until I was in the country--it might be different if you're able to fly over for interviews but I wasn't in that position financially.

Once I was over here I managed to get a job in around 2 months, but my experience was marketing/copywriting and editorial--luckily a role opened up at the local university as I arrived. My OH (the guy who worked in US immigration mentioned earlier in the thread) is having a harder time of it and hasn't found anything in the 7 months he's been over her.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Hit amd miss I worked 20 years in UK before going to NZ and working 4.5 some would be prepared to interview over phone/skype others expected me to hop on a plane and attend an inteview with 2 days notice (hello it takes 30 hours to get there!)
just keep at it recruitment agencies are the worst there taditional saying is when are you coming over I will perhaps put you forward once I have met you!