Wikiposts

garden hose fittings?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:23 am
Just Joined

en1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really nice
Default garden hose fittings?

Anyone know if UK garden hoses and fittigns are compatible with North American ones or if there are adapters?

since we're packing up almost everything I'm wondering if it is worth taking the hose and fittings (although I know the choice is greater/better back in the UK... no need to spend on things we already own though ! )

thx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: garden hose fittings?

Originally Posted by en1gma
Anyone know if UK garden hoses and fittigns are compatible with North American ones or if there are adapters?

since we're packing up almost everything I'm wondering if it is worth taking the hose and fittings (although I know the choice is greater/better back in the UK... no need to spend on things we already own though ! )

thx
No they are not but you can simply cut off the current ends and put on new ends. ... ooh, but I'm not sure whether the hose is the same diameter ... it seems narrower.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:32 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in UK now at Mums visiting. Dump the hoses, they look skinny and have a different size end. Hoses are cheap enough in US not worth packing.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:35 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm in UK now at Mums visiting. Dump the hoses, they look skinny and have a different size end. Hoses are cheap enough in US not worth packing.
Aren't you supposed to be spending all your time taking pictures of your UK trip to make me jealous??!!! Sending me information on hose pipes isn't donig the trick
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

en1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really niceen1gma is just really nice

thanks all
I'll just donate the hoses and fittings to family members along with the other huge pile of things !!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by en1gma

thx
en1gma

I brought back 5 off 30 metre garden hoses from Canada. I had to use Hoselock fittings on my garden tap to connect to the hose. Fitting cost around £3.

hudd
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

the hozelock is a great idea!

i presume the gardena ones in canada fit the same as the UK ones?
are hozelock and gardena compatible?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukintexas
Aren't you supposed to be spending all your time taking pictures of your UK trip to make me jealous??!!! Sending me information on hose pipes isn't donig the trick
Yep taking lots of piccies So far they are of Ireland and places in Wales. I want to take some of us all shopping in Tesco and Asda We're off to Barcelona on sunday for the week
I'll get on the PC and post pics later if I can pry the boys off it. this lap top is a pain.